The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your ride?

Started by termis, 05/15/2007, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

termis

So enough nerd talk for a bit.  We're bunch of guys here.  I'd like to check out your ride, especially since we have a good group from various parts of the world. :P

As for me -

My vanilla Ford Ranger to get me around and haul shit.  (me unloading one of my old bikes in the back)
IMG

An '90 Yamaha 600FZR that's sitting around with me in Calgary.  This place is like a death knell to a motorcyclist.  The roads suck ass -- zero curves, and is still filled with gravel from winter, and real riding season is only a few months long.
IMG

An '01 Ducati 996 a day after I bought in back in '03.  Right now it's sitting in my friend's garage in California. :cry: If you can sorta make out the label on the exhaust (Termignoni), that's where my user name comes from:
IMG

---
And a few past wheels:

A 4-speed '90 Mitsubishi Minica that served me well in Japan.  0.66 liters of pure power, baby!  I bought it for 30,000yen, and sold it for 20,000.  Best damn deal I ever got on a car.  Never broke down, and didn't even to pay for shaken (a super expensive, bi-annual safety inspection) while I was there! 
IMG

a '94 Yamaha FXR250.  Sitting in a shop in Japan on consignment.  Anyone in Japan want a 250 for cheap?  I guess it's still technically mine until it sells.   :-k
IMG

A 67 Royal Enfield Bullet 350. This is the bike that was in the back of my truck on the top picture.  I imported it from India into California.  Rode it around for a bit, but every damn time I put a wrench to it to fix one thing, another thing would go.  Leaked oil like no tomorrow.   I sold it before I headed out to Japan a few years back.
IMG

Kitsunexus

CARS ARE BORING, BACK TO GAMES!
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

NecroPhile

Now, now Kitsune.  Just because you don't have a car.....  :)

Nice bikes there t_t.  Every time that I think of buying one, I remind myself that I'd surely wreck and die within a week.  I drive a '02 Ford Mustang most of the time, but don't have any pics.  The rest of the time, I'm driving people crazy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

offsidewing

I drive a Le Car.

ParanoiaDragon

I drive a red 92' Ford Ranger, & my wife drives a purpleish Scion XA(I think, whicher one, ISN'T the boxy one).
IMG

Turbo D

I have a ginourmous grey ram van  :D
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

2005 Kia Spectra.

SuperDeadite

My Wheels, the basket owns your ass  8)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Hobo Xiphas

I have a car and I think cars are boring unless they come with a Saturn Navi.

Tatsujin

no horse, no ride.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Quote from: Xiphas on 05/15/2007, 11:59 PMI have a car and I think cars are boring unless they come with a Saturn Navi.
Agreed! Though even cooler is a quadricycle equipped with a Pip!n Atmark!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

termis

A young guy that thinks things with wheels are boring?  There must be something genetically wrong with you guys.   8-[

Necromancer:
Quote from: guest on 05/15/2007, 06:23 PMNice bikes there t_t.  Every time that I think of buying one, I remind myself that I'd surely wreck and die within a week.  I drive a '02 Ford Mustang most of the time, but don't have any pics.  The rest of the time, I'm driving people crazy.
Nice.  I hated the redesign of the 94 Mustangs.  Somehow looked a bit too timid to be a muscle car.  They improved it a lot with your particular generation.  But then, most of the Ford design of the 90's just about makes me puke.  They got into that "smooth everything out design" mindset, which made for the ugliest cars.  (F150, Taurus, Mustang, Probe...)  The new Mustang is looking decent as well.

If you really wanna get into bikes, check out a course offered by MSF.  They provide bikes that are small and aren't intimidating, and if you complete the course successfully, you get a motorcycle license as well. 

If the idea of big bikes unsettles you, you can even start out with something like a scooter - I'm thinking getting me one myself to just shoot around town.  That's a lot of fun in itself.  (In fact, I prefer that in cities.  Riding motorcycles in stop & go traffic is actually no fun at all)

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/15/2007, 10:48 PMMy Wheels, the basket owns your ass  8)
Dude - that's looks EXACTLY like the oba-san bike like I had... Oh wait, that's because everyone and their moms had that exact same bike (literally).  The basket is damn handy.

JoshTurboTrollX

'05 saturn Vue.

with DVD player and slick monitor on the ceiling.   And yes I have played Sega Saturn in my Saturn on long road trips...lol
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Hopefully while driving.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Ive always wanted a V8 Interceptor. Thats a fuckin car. Id never be bored with one of those.

Ninja Spirit

1995 Ford Taurus GL
IMG

Yun ties in with my license plate. It all goes back to 2004, and I'm too lazy to change it.
IMG

Kitsunexus

THAT MAN HAS DANDRUFF ALL OVER HIS BODY!  :shock:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!