@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Zone Direct's BOGO Sale

Started by NecroPhile, 06/22/2007, 11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: E-Mail directly from TZDLet the Summer begin with our famous BOGO sale!

That's right Turbo fans, it's time again for the sale you've been waiting for! From now until the end of July every item in our stock is on sale. You've seen it before, so here it is, perhaps for the very last time. Buy ANY in-stock item at our regular price and receive another item of equal or lesser value for HALF PRICE! There are no limits on the number of items you may purchase. Nothing held back but some quantities are running very low, so as they say, hurry in for your best selection.

You must add BOGO to your order in the comments section or you will not receive the discount. We will adjust the prices before your credit card is ever charged.

All of the usual blah-blah-blah restrictions apply, mainly that we can refuse any order for no good reason, but hey, that's not like us.

Feel free to call or send an email if you have any questions; we're here for you.

Since 1994 TZD has been your number one source for brand new, factory-sealed Turbo gear. We have sincerely appreciated your support and hope to be here for many more years.
Sale's on now, so get some brand new goods while they're still in stock.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

That really pisses me off. I buy from TZD on average only once or twice a year.

I just placed an order in excess of $100 no more than five days ago with them.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

:(  Oooo, that's crappy timing nat.  :(

SNKNostalgia

It's Bogo time. I needed another copy of Lords of Thunder, especially a new one. Now, what other game should it be. That does seem to be the only good game out of the list. Oh well, some game.

nat

Forgotten Worlds is pretty cool.

Or, get Implode if you don't already have it. I don't remember offhand what else is on there.

I would say get Meteor Blaster too, but I was never a big fan of Asteroids and thus have avoided it so far.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

Quote from: guest on 06/23/2007, 12:05 AM:(  Oooo, that's crappy timing nat.  :(
I've decided to go back and place a second order so that I can take advantage of the sale and so I won't feel quite so lame.

I omitted some controllers, extension cords and a copy of Shanghai II from my last order due to the high cost.

Oh, well, I'm still a little bitter though.

Bake

I have not played my turbo in awhile, most likely because I have not gotten any new games for it lately.  So, I've decided that I should buy 2 new games with this BOGO sale for TZD.  There are three games I have in mind: Forgotten Worlds, Prince of Persia, and Riot Zone (I pretty much have all the other games of their list except for Sim Earth and Sherlock Homes.  I'm not really interested in those though).  I have never played any of these games.  Out of these 3 games, which 2 should I buy?  I heard a lot of bad things about Prince of Persia, so right now I am thinking of buying Riot Zone and Forgotten Worlds.  Any input?  OR maybe all three are worth buying??

nat

I'd go the other way and get Prince of Persia and Forgotten Worlds.

Forgotten Worlds is a must though, either way. It's a pretty good port of the arcade. I've been playing a lot of it lately.

TR0N

Damn TZD has it's sale and i can't buy any more games this month.

Oh well... dunno about next month either i got a convention to go to by then.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bake on 06/24/2007, 12:34 PMOut of these 3 games, which 2 should I buy?  I heard a lot of bad things about Prince of Persia, so right now I am thinking of buying Riot Zone and Forgotten Worlds.  Any input?  OR maybe all three are worth buying??
Nat's right - Forgotten Worlds is a must.  Riot Zone looks good but it's easy, single player only, and isn't as good as Final Fight or Streets of Rage.  Prince of Persia is..... well Prince of Persia.  It's hard to describe the gameplay, but the Duo did get one of the better console ports.  Go check out youtube to decide which game looks like more fun.

kenomac78

the first time i played riot zone i beat it! i thought  it would be like final fght. it sort of was but i never saw a game that was that easy before

Joe Redifer

Same here, Riot Zone is insanely easy.  Still I'd like to have it in my collection, but $30 is about $25 too much for that game, and there is absolutely nothing else on the site I want.

VestCunt

Where the hell did they get more Turbo Express units?!?
Damn, this means I have to wait even longer before I can sell my stockpile for $400 a piece! :evil:

:wink:
Topic Adjourned.

NecroPhile

They probably didn't - they aren't exactly vigilant about site updates.  I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron's work is never used to update tzd.com.

kenomac78

but riot zone can be had for about 5$ on ebay. i think ebay maybe extended the life of tzd and without it none of those games would still be in stock. except for lords of thunder the games they have left arent very good and worth the full price when they can be had for less, way less.

nat

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2007, 03:53 PMThey probably didn't
But they did. That blurb is brand fuckin' new.

It's more likely they probably set those units aside before hand with this summer sale in mind.

There wasn't a mention of TurboExpress units to be found on their website when I placed my order with them a week ago (and I looked).

offsidewing

I think it's about time to get up in some TZD goodness...

turbofan1

I had A question about Forgotten Worlds.I noticed that pc engine version came with the three button ave pad.And obviously the turbo pad only had two.Was there any difference between the two as far as the game play?.

nat

Yeah, that's a minor peeve I have about the USA release.

The JApanese version has an option in the menu to toggle the use of a 3-button pad (if you have one).

They apparently went out of their way to remove this option from the USA region version. Probably because 3-button pads weren't "officially" released in the USA, but I think it was a stupid move, considering there was/is nothing stopping anyone from using a Japanese 3-button pad on a US system.

So playing the US version, the "RUN" button becomes a rotation control. If you are using a basic two-button TurboPad, this is a real fucking akward pain.

I always play the game with my TurboStick, which has the "RUN" button located right above button I. This actually works out perfectly since "RUN" rotates up from your normal stance and button I rotates down (button II fires). You won't hear much praise for the TurboStick on these forums, but I love it, and this game is a perfect example of a good use for it.

Turbo D

Quote from: nat on 06/25/2007, 07:29 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/25/2007, 03:53 PMThey probably didn't
But they did. That blurb is brand fuckin' new.

It's more likely they probably set those units aside before hand with this summer sale in mind.

There wasn't a mention of TurboExpress units to be found on their website when I placed my order with them a week ago (and I looked).
I noticed that the ones that they have for sale now aren't advertised with the replaced capacitors.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jimid2

Quote from: nat on 06/25/2007, 07:29 PMThere wasn't a mention of TurboExpress units to be found on their website when I placed my order with them a week ago (and I looked).
Ditto... Just before I ordered a "dead sound" one and fixed it myself, I checked TZD and they had nothing on the site... Kind of disappointing because I would have gladly bought one with all capicitors replaced from them; I only got two of mine replaced before giving up in shakey fear, so I do have sound, but it's not terribly loud - good enough for at home, but I'd never hear it on the bus, for example...

In truth, if I knew these ones came with the replaced capacitors, I'd be sorely tempted to buy one now anyway and squirrel it away for posterity...  :wink:

guyjin

I also like the turbostick. But it's not for every game.

PhilBiker

Quote from: Bake on 06/24/2007, 12:34 PMI have not played my turbo in awhile, most likely because I have not gotten any new games for it lately.  So, I've decided that I should buy 2 new games with this BOGO sale for TZD.  There are three games I have in mind: Forgotten Worlds, Prince of Persia, and Riot Zone (I pretty much have all the other games of their list except for Sim Earth and Sherlock Homes.  I'm not really interested in those though).  I have never played any of these games.  Out of these 3 games, which 2 should I buy?  I heard a lot of bad things about Prince of Persia, so right now I am thinking of buying Riot Zone and Forgotten Worlds.  Any input?  OR maybe all three are worth buying??
Riot Zone is ludicrously easy and not very fun.  It has cool music and the sounds are interesting for about 10 minutes.  Prince of Persia is a good port of that game if you may like that game.  I don't really much.  Forgotten Worlds is a fun shmup.  If you like Sidearms you'll love FW.  Of the three, FW is by far the best.
Wonk-wonk-wonk.  Where are your true friends at times like this?  Right here!  Wonk-wonk-wonk.

kenomac78

wasnt TZD counting down the number of turbo expresses they had and were screaming how they would be gone forever once they are gone??

i wonder if they would ever dig up some other games that were 'found'

nat

Quote from: kenomac78 on 06/26/2007, 10:15 AMwasnt TZD counting down the number of turbo expresses they had and were screaming how they would be gone forever once they are gone??

i wonder if they would ever dig up some other games that were 'found'
It's already happened, but they're only making them available a few at a time.

I bought Blazing Lazers from them brand new earlier this year. (At the time they did all the A-B titles.) I already owned the game, but I though, hey, why not buy a brand new copy just for fun? They had Beyond Shadowgate up at the time too... Wonder who got that one?

I'm still on the edge of my seat for them to do the C-D titles.

NecroPhile

Thanks for the heads up nat.  I'll have to check in at their site a little more often and see if I can catch any new deals.

nat

Watch carefully-- when they did the A-B titles they didn't bother to add them to the actual "Price List" page.

They had them listed on the main page (www.tzd.com) instead in that spot where they usually have a blurb of some kind.

It's been a couple months so I'd expect to see the C-D titles up any time now, but perhaps now they'll wait until after this "summer sale".

CrackTiger

Quote from: nat on 06/25/2007, 09:14 PMYeah, that's a minor peeve I have about the USA release.

The JApanese version has an option in the menu to toggle the use of a 3-button pad (if you have one).

They apparently went out of their way to remove this option from the USA region version. Probably because 3-button pads weren't "officially" released in the USA, but I think it was a stupid move, considering there was/is nothing stopping anyone from using a Japanese 3-button pad on a US system.

So playing the US version, the "RUN" button becomes a rotation control. If you are using a basic two-button TurboPad, this is a real fucking akward pain.

I always play the game with my TurboStick, which has the "RUN" button located right above button I. This actually works out perfectly since "RUN" rotates up from your normal stance and button I rotates down (button II fires). You won't hear much praise for the TurboStick on these forums, but I love it, and this game is a perfect example of a good use for it.
The 'III' Button is just a duplicate Select or Run or something. If you played the Turbo FW with the Ave 3 Pad it'd probably work just the same as the PCE version.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: jimid2 on 06/26/2007, 08:41 AMDitto... Just before I ordered a "dead sound" one and fixed it myself, I checked TZD and they had nothing on the site... Kind of disappointing because I would have gladly bought one with all capicitors replaced from them; I only got two of mine replaced before giving up in shakey fear, so I do have sound, but it's not terribly loud - good enough for at home, but I'd never hear it on the bus, for example...

In truth, if I knew these ones came with the replaced capacitors, I'd be sorely tempted to buy one now anyway and squirrel it away for posterity...  :wink:
Temptation is a tool of the devil.... and TZD apparently.  There description on the main page says they've replaced all caps on six TEs, so get your wallet open.  Resistance is futile.

Turbo D

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2007, 03:27 PMThe 'III' Button is just a duplicate Select or Run or something. If you played the Turbo FW with the Ave 3 Pad it'd probably work just the same as the PCE version.
He is right! The extra button on the avenue 3 can be set to either start or select, so it would be the same and probably is.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG