RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Blue Dragon demo now available OMG ZOMG LOL WTF OMG!!!1!!!

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/11/2007, 06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUTS

Americans make awesome RPGs.  With the exception of Chrono Trigger, some Final Fantasies, and any RPG Sega ever made, I personally like western style RPGs way more than Japanese RPGs.

Turbo D

are there any console american rpgs, maybe 8bit or 16bit that you can recomend to me?
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 07/25/2007, 07:30 PMAnd XBOX developers.

Lemme just run down some titles:

Baldur's Gate
Elder Scrolls (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind,Oblivion, etc...)
Shadowrun
Septerra Core
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Mass Effect
Sudeki (It's British actually, but it still counts, even though the design goal was to be as Japanese as possible)
Might & Magic series
Secret Of Evermore (although this was dictated by Square to play HIGHLY Japanese)
Dungeons & Dragons series

Basically, any RPG that cares more about the leveling than anything, has an OVERLY medieval or futuristic setting, and is just tedious and boring to play? That's an American-as-apple-pie RPG.

Fallout is the exception to this.
Baldur's Gate for PC or console? I liked Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. That was a kick-ass hack and slash fest. I liked the 'drop' system in the game. Hmmm...rare drops. The sequel was boring though. The first one had really cool story development to compliment the hack-n-slash fest and expansive weapon/armor inventory. The sequel was blah.

Also, shadowrun for the SNES was cool. Weird, but cool. It was a refreshing break from the same old RPGs at the time.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TurboXray on 07/26/2007, 09:51 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 07/25/2007, 07:30 PMAnd XBOX developers.

Lemme just run down some titles:

Baldur's Gate
Elder Scrolls (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind,Oblivion, etc...)
Shadowrun
Septerra Core
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Mass Effect
Sudeki (It's British actually, but it still counts, even though the design goal was to be as Japanese as possible)
Might & Magic series
Secret Of Evermore (although this was dictated by Square to play HIGHLY Japanese)
Dungeons & Dragons series

Basically, any RPG that cares more about the leveling than anything, has an OVERLY medieval or futuristic setting, and is just tedious and boring to play? That's an American-as-apple-pie RPG.

Fallout is the exception to this.
Baldur's Gate for PC or console? I liked Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. That was a kick-ass hack and slash fest. I liked the 'drop' system in the game. Hmmm...rare drops. The sequel was boring though. The first one had really cool story development to compliment the hack-n-slash fest and expansive weapon/armor inventory. The sequel was blah.

Also, shadowrun for the SNES was cool. Weird, but cool. It was a refreshing break from the same old RPGs at the time.
Yeha... I hate all of them. :P
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!