@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

WTB/WTT: Turbo CD games

Started by CatBoy, 07/16/2007, 07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatBoy

Hello,

I'm looking to buy or trade for the following North American games:

- Bonk 3 CD
- Might & Magic III
- Vasteel
- Exile: Wicked Phenomenom
- Forgotten Worlds
- Valis II

Also looking for (yeah I know, good luck!):

- Dynastic Hero back insert
- Terraforming back insert
- Y's Book I & II map

FOR TRADE

-=CDs USA=-
Splash Lake
Shape Shifter (no back insert)
Buster Bros
Camp California
Lords of Thunder
Gate of Thunder
Shadow of the Beast (no manual)
Monster Lair
Addams Family (with outer box)
Godzilla (no back cover)
Cotton (no back cover)

-=CDs Import=-
CD Battle Hikari No Yuushatachi
CD PC Denjin
Cho Aniki
Macross Eternal Love Song
Yokoyama Kouki Shin Sankokushi

-=Hardware=-
Turbo Express (crisp picture and sound) loose
PC Engine Battle Tap
Turbo Duo, CD not spinning. Loose.

nat

I will trade you my copy of DE 2 for everything you list there.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CatBoy

Quote from: nat on 07/16/2007, 11:06 AMI will trade you my copy of DE 2 for everything you list there.
Oh so YOU are game_squad.  :shock:

nat

You drive a hard bargain, CatBoy.

How about DE2 for everything on your list except Monster Lair? Now that's an offer you just can't refuse!
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

JoshTurboTrollX

QuoteHow about DE2 for everything on your list except Monster Lair? Now that's an offer you just can't refuse!
I still wouldn't do it, unless you have more than one copy of DE2...

Dungeon Explorer II is uber hard to come by..........
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

I'm not going to do it-- I'm just playing around.

Dungeon Explorer II will never leave my grasp by my own will. Not even if he really did agree to my first offer.

CatBoy

turbofan1

Quote from: CatBoy on 07/16/2007, 07:52 AMHello,I'm looking for a North American Dynastic Hero manual. TZD has them for sale but their cheapest shipping method to Canada is $31.  :shock
If TZD is charging $31 to ship A friggan game manual to Canada,that is insane.You might want to offer some better trades.Besides for the Turbo Express,none of those other games have any real value.

CatBoy

Quote from: turbofan1 on 07/25/2007, 10:50 PM
Quote from: CatBoy on 07/16/2007, 07:52 AMHello,I'm looking for a North American Dynastic Hero manual. TZD has them for sale but their cheapest shipping method to Canada is $31.  :shock
If TZD is charging $31 to ship A friggan game manual to Canada,that is insane.You might want to offer some better trades.Besides for the Turbo Express,none of those other games have any real value.
I'm also willing to buy stuff. It doesn't have to be a trade.  :D

CatBoy

Quote from: CatBoy on 07/16/2007, 07:52 AMHello,

I'm looking for a North American Dynastic Hero manual. TZD has them for sale but their cheapest shipping method to Canada is $31.  :shock:

Here is a small list of stuff that I have for trade or for sale. Contact me if you have any question.

-=CDs USA=-
Lords of Thunder
Shadow of the Beast (no manual)
Monster Lair
Addams Family (with outer box)

-=CDs Import=-
CD Battle Hikari No Yuushatachi
CD PC Denjin
Cho Aniki
Macross Eternal Love Song
Yokoyama Kouki Shin Sankokushi

-=Hardware=-
Turbo Express (crisp picture and sound)
PC Engine Battle Tap
Turbo Duo with original pad and cables. No box. CD is not working

nat

I just tried to order a Dynastic Hero manual from TZD last week.

Despite the fact that it is listed on their page of in-stock manuals, apparently they are out-of-stock. The other 8 I ordered came through, though.

CatBoy

Got Dungeon Explorer II for a decent price. Updated message. :)

guyjin

Quote from: turbofan1 on 07/25/2007, 10:50 PM
that has more to do with shipping companies screwing Canadians than TZD.

schnuth

I could really use a DE 2 manual.  I bought the photocopied one from TZD during the half-off sale, but it's just not the same.  I really can't complain though since I got my copy for $3 from a local Goodwill store, but I wish it had the manual.  :(

pixeljunkie

Quote from: nat on 07/18/2007, 06:32 PMI'm not going to do it-- I'm just playing around.

Dungeon Explorer II will never leave my grasp by my own will. Not even if he really did agree to my first offer.
might even have mine buried with me

[updates last will and testament]

Ceti Alpha

Is Dungeon Explorer really that hard to come by? I've seen it often on eBay either ridiculously overpriced or for a reasonable price. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten while the gettin' was good.  #-o

Oh wait, I'm thinking of the Japanese Import version. duh... I don't think I've ever seen the North American version around. So yeah, don't let go of that game. hehe
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Dungeon Explorer is not, but Dungeon Explorer II (the US version) had a low-number print run.

I got mine for about $90 a number of years ago, and I have to say, it is one of the FEW games that is absolutely worth paying that much for.

Turbo D

It varies in value from time to time. I've seen it go for $150 once on ebay. I also saw it go for $75 on ebay. It depends what kind of crazy bidders are after it.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteDungeon Explorer is not, but Dungeon Explorer II (the US version) had a low-number print run.

I got mine for about $90 a number of years ago, and I have to say, it is one of the FEW games that is absolutely worth paying that much for.
Yeah, sorry nat. lol. I'm just a goof.  :roll: I meant DE2, but I wasn't thinking about the North America version. That would be well worth it. I might just have to get the Japanese version. I've been dying to play this game since it first came out. I didn't have the CD or SuperCD back in the day.  :(
IMG

Sinistron

I'm one of these moes who got DEII for 150- however I got it as a gift- and damn it's good.  I practically worshipped the first one BITD so it was a special moment -- seeing Natas again -- and beating his ass again too.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI'm one of these moes who got DEII for 150- however I got it as a gift- and damn it's good.  I practically worshipped the first one BITD so it was a special moment -- seeing Natas again -- and beating his ass again too.
I'm officially green with envy.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Turbo D

its definitely worth $150.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

It's up there quality-wise with Dracula X so I had no qualms shelling out $90 for it.

Ceti Alpha

What's the difference between the Japanese version and the North American version? I don't really care if the cinemas are in Japanese. Just as long as the menus are in English I'm good, though DE doesn't have super detailed menus so maybe the Japanese would be fine.

You guys are gettin' me all hot and bothered for some DEII action. heh
IMG

nat

I've never played the Japanese version so I can't compare. Obviously I'm sure the cinema dialogue is all Japanese but I don't know about menus and what not.

Even so, I'd go out on a limb and say it's worth finding and paying the nominal fee for the US version regardless. It really is that good. I can't think of any other of the "rare" Turbo games I would say that about.

King_Vidiot

I'm finding it hard to get into the first dungeon explorer.  it's so freakin hard on 1 player

nat

The first Dungeon Explorer is one of the greatest games ever made. Give it some time-- it's not that hard.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThe first Dungeon Explorer is one of the greatest games ever made. Give it some time-- it's not that hard.
hehe. All this talk of DE made me put in the old HuCARD. The game really isn't that hard, though there are moments. The Tiger boss is quite hard. It's almost impossible, at least for me, to not use up most of my lives trying to beat him. He just comes rushing down at you and there's nothing you can do but take the punishment and get off as many shots as you can. Aside from that the game just take patience; the moment you start trying to rush through it is when you'll start taking heat and dying.

QuoteI've never played the Japanese version so I can't compare. Obviously I'm sure the cinema dialogue is all Japanese but I don't know about menus and what not.

Even so, I'd go out on a limb and say it's worth finding and paying the nominal fee for the US version regardless. It really is that good. I can't think of any other of the "rare" Turbo games I would say that about.
You're probably right nat.  :) I'd just end up wanting the NA version anyway.  :roll:
IMG

Sinistron

Actually I find DE 1 easiest on 1 player.  Many times I played with friends who either A) weren't as good and use up everyone's lives or B) wind up pushing you into a path of fire when patience is called for.  ](*,)
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteActually I find DE 1 easiest on 1 player.  Many times I played with friends who either A) weren't as good and use up everyone's lives or B) wind up pushing you into a path of fire when patience is called for.  Brick wall
hehehe. Yeah, I remember that.  :lol: Playing with two or more players really does make the game harder, but also more fun. Even if it can be frustrating sometimes.
IMG

MurderDate

"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse