@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

So what other systems do you have?

Started by ApolloBoy, 08/24/2007, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-Nintega

Other than my PCE Core Graphx II, all I have now is a Famicom and a Genesis 1.

I used to also have a PS2, Dreamcast, the top-loading NES, SNES, Master System, and a Genesis 2/Sega CD but they got looted along with the PS2, Dreamcast, and Sega CD games after the 3 family building I used to live at went on fire and got flooded. Amazingly, the game cartridges other than whatever was plugged in weren't taken or damaged during the whole mess and I still have Robo Aleste for Sega CD.

turbofan1

Man that sucks your stuff got stolen.Years ago I had a 3DO system with about 10-15 games.Well one time I let A good ole buddy of mine borrow it.To make a long story short,my 3DO system and games disappeared.Probably pawned.The guy is no longer my friend.Even though I still see that A-Hole every now and than.

Turbo D

It really sucks when you see them around, haha.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

rolins

Currently have:

Nes
MSX2+ Sony HB-F1XV
Sega Saturn (white japanese)
Playstation 2

I used to own a SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, TG16, Turbo Express, Core Grafx II, Duo-R, Snes, Gameboy, and Gamegear. I sold them all including most of my collection. I do miss bringing my TE to work, had alot fun playing Blazing Lazers and Raiden when my supervisor wasn't watching.

esteban

Quote from: rolins on 08/29/2007, 07:54 PMCurrently have:

Nes
MSX2+ Sony HB-F1XV
Sega Saturn (white japanese)
Playstation 2

I used to own a SMS, Genesis, Dreamcast, TG16, Turbo Express, Core Grafx II, Duo-R, Snes, Gameboy, and Gamegear. I sold them all including most of my collection. I do miss bringing my TE to work, had alot fun playing Blazing Lazers and Raiden when my supervisor wasn't watching.
BL is easy, IMO, but Raiden, especially the fourth level onward, requires my utmost concentration. As a result, I don't think I would have been able to play Raiden and keep an eye out for a supervisor!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Ok, here's the story, I won an SGX for really cheap with a bunch of games on ebay.......then, not too long after....I won a really cheap SGX with the CDRom on ebay, also with a bunch of games(I say really cheap, because, I already owned several of the games that came with them, like Spriggan & Winds of Thunder, so I made a bunch of money back...maybe even as much as I paid for the systems), then a few years later.....being this year, I came upong a region modded SGX, &, well, I REALLY wanted that!  I can't remember if it came with games, but, from what I recall, it was $100+, so, I won that as well. 

And sorry, I won't be trading any of them for Guadian War music :D  I feel just fine having 2 backup SGX's.
IMG

Turbo D

I don't see anything wrong with having multiple supergrafx systems, haha. I wish I could sleep on a bed made of nec consoles in a house made of hucards  :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

sludgeguts

heres my lot:
pc engine duo
pc engine original
amstrad cpc 664
amstrad gx4000
atari 2600 (x2)
atari 7800
atari jaguar
atari lynx (x2)
atari 800xl
atari st
commodore 64
amiga 500
amiga 1200
amiga cd32
colecovision
nes
original famicom
sharp famicom twin
snes(pal)
super famicom
n64(pal)
n64(jap)
gamecube (purple,pal)
gamecube (purple,jap)
gamecube (orange,jap)
wii
original gameboy
gameboy advance
gameboy advance sp
nintendo ds
neo geo cd
neo geo pocket colour
sega master system 2
sega megadrive 1 (x2)
megadrive 2
megacd 2
sega saturn (black,pal)
saturn (white,jap)
dreamcast (pal)
dreamcast (jap)
game gear
ps1 (orginal)
ps2 (slimline)
psp
xbox
xbox 360
sinclair zx spectrum 48k (rubber keys)
zxspectrum +2
zx spectrum +2a (black case model)

right.i think thats all  :lol:

sludgeguts

wait,hang on i forgot to mention the panasonic 3do i,ve got.how could i forget?

OldRover

My baby will always be my region-modded TG16 with a system 2 CDROM deck and arcade card pro. :D But here's the rest:

My PC (AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB RAM, AGP-based NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 with 256MB VRAM)
Playstation 2 (with ethernet card on the back)
Nintendo DS Lite (new crimson model that just came out; I also have a CycloDS Evolution for it)
Sega Genesis + Sega CD (both are rusted out and non-functional so they only just barely count)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nat

I have a rusted Genesis (model 1) too. It's the only system I've ever owned that rusted.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

My model 2 Genesis is pretty rusted. That thing is such a piece of crap though that I never use it and just stick to my model 1.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

rag-time4

I sold off my SNES and Genesis stuff on ebay last year to make space for more Turbo games... Here's my list of systems:

NES 2 / top loader
Famicom 2 A/V
Famicom Disk System
USA TurboDuo w system cards 1.0 and Arcade Duo
PS2, never got the network adapter  :-s
PS1, retired, in a drawer, but kept in case a multiplayer game of Doom ever breaks out
Gameboy Advance SP (Graphite) I'm gonna unload all my gameboy stuff soon
TurboExpress w/ car power adapter
Street Fighter 1 Dedicated 25" Arcade Cabinet

My games are piling up a bit so I need some more shelving space  :mrgreen:

MotoRoaderMike

I've got:

NES (toaster)
NES (top loader)
Two Famicom Clones
Model 1 Genesis/CD combo
Model 2 Genesis/CD combo
SNES
Game Boy
Game Gear
Saturn
PSOne
Game Boy Color
PS2
GBA SP
Gamecube
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Ceti Alpha

Here's my HUGE collection:

TurboDuo
Game Boy Advanced SP (it's the NES Classic edition. Looks like an NES when folded and the NES gamepad when unfolded.  :))

...well, that's my HUGE collection.  :P

But seriously, I'd like to at some point get a Genesis, Coregrafx or Duo-R or original PC Engine or all three. hehe. An SNES would be sweet too. A Vectrex would be nice...an Atari 2600, 5200, 7800....OK I'm going to stop now 'cus my list will be a big as Black Tiger's.  :wink:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

turbofan1

Quote from: nat on 09/12/2007, 07:53 PMI have a rusted Genesis (model 1) too. It's the only system I've ever owned that rusted.
HA ha.Thats pretty funny.I`ve seen some Snes systems on ebay,that turns A piss yellow after A while.Does anybody no the reason behind that?.

TurboXray

original white PC Engine + CD unit
Duo US
TG16 x 2
SuperGrafx x2 + Super CDROM2 unit
Genesis model 1 x2
Genesis model II x 5(or 6)
SegaCD Model II x2 (one broken)
Saturn
Gamegear x2
Dreamcast
GBC
GBA
GB SP
NDS
NES
PSone x2 (the smaller revision)
PS2 x3 (2 broke)
N64
Xbox
GC x2 (one is JP)

also SuperJoy and PS-kid (both NES clones)

Edit: Oh yeah... a SNES and PSP

Keranu

Lots of multiple systems there, eh!?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

I want a japanese PC Engine so I can play that damn "TwinBee" card I have. I found one site that sold them, but I forgot what it was, and I wanted to remember for future reference.
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

TurboXray

Keranu

I've bought two NES' at thrift stores.
IMG

nat

Quote from: turbofan1 on 09/17/2007, 07:53 PM
Quote from: nat on 09/12/2007, 07:53 PMI have a rusted Genesis (model 1) too. It's the only system I've ever owned that rusted.
HA ha.Thats pretty funny.I`ve seen some Snes systems on ebay,that turns A piss yellow after A while.Does anybody no the reason behind that?.
It wasn't funny when I went to play Sonic 2 one day after a long hiatus and I got a black screen.

Incidentally, my SNES has turned piss yellow as well. I read a nice article on the yellowing of plastics once and it claimed it is due to the flame retardation chemicals used in the manufacturing process. The controllers still look good though so I keep the SNES in the cabinet below the TV where it's dark and you can't see the ugliness.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

turbofan1

So just throw the piece of sh*t out.Bonknuts has two,just buy one from him  :lol:.

JoshTurboTrollX

wow, I can't believe I haven't chimed in yet...lol

Well at this last years MGC I unloaded 6 systems and over 100 games to dealers and friends.  So its a little weaker than it was before June 9th.

SNES
N64
GC
Wii
DS
GBA
Genesis /Sega CD /32X
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
Turbo Duo
PC Engine DUO R
Wonderswan
NeoGeo Pocket Color
Cd-i
Tandy CoCo 2

And thats about it.
For those wondering about what systems I sold,
Sega CDX, NES, SNES, Virtual boy, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and Master System.
Since then I actually aquired another SNES, the Neo Geo Pocket color and Genesis/Sega CD / 32X combo at garage sales and flea markets.

All this time I wondered how some guys would find these classic systems at garage sales, So I decided any time I saw one I would stop, and damnit I found the mother load on more than one occasion.

For those that are wondering about what I paid for these systems:
SNES 5$
Genesis CD/32x system combo with 6 games - FREE! the guy at the sale said the box of stuff was broken and his kids couldn't get it to work.  - so I took the systems cleaned them off nicely and 'properly' hooked them up and presto- they all worked!  No shit!    FREE!!
NGPC - $10

An awesome summer of good gaming value for me!

=)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TurboXray

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16Tandy CoCo 2
You got a Coco 2!? I got a Coco 2! I sold my Coco 3 a long time ago  #-o

(I also got a 32x....is that considered separate system?)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 09/17/2007, 11:46 PMI've bought two NES' at thrift stores.
I buy Genesis systems every time I stop by a local thrift store. I've got around 20 now.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2007, 08:38 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/17/2007, 11:46 PMI've bought two NES' at thrift stores.
I buy Genesis systems every time I stop by a local thrift store. I've got around 20 now.
Funny enough, there have been sightings of 3DOs at the thrift stores I go to. I look for video game stuff every time I go and I'll usually find some cheap Genesis games or something. My best find was a complete copy of Toe Jam & Earl for three bucks (also got TJ&E2 and Shining in the Darkness for $1.50 each that day). One time we found R.O.B. for NES, but it was missing parts so we passed... I kinda regret that decision still since it could've made a great trophy or Console Chronicles feature.
IMG

Kitsunexus

I regrettably passed on a boxed copy of Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom today, very cheap. If it's still there tomorrow, it will be mine.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

PCEngineFX

My holy collection includes:

Atari 2600
Atari Lynx (1st gen)
Atari Jaguar (2x)
Atari Jaguar CD

NES
Gameboy (original)
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
DS (phat)
Wii

PS1 (2x modified)
PS2 (phat)
PS2 Slim
PS3 (60GB)
PSP (1st gen)

Sega Master System (1st gen)
Sega Genesis (2nd gen)
Mega CD (1st gen)
Sega 32X
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Nomad

Panasonic 3DO FZ1

Neo Geo CD (1st gen)
Neo Geo Pocket (1st gen B&W)
Neo Geo Pocket Color (2x)

TurboGrafx-16 (2x)
Turbografx-CD
TurboDuo
TurboExpress (2x)
PC Engine (1st gen)
DUO-RX
SuperGrafx
PC-FX

Xbox 360

Samsung NUON DVD-N501
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/20/2007, 04:25 PMMy unholy collection includes:

Samsung NUON DVD-N501
:lol: :lol: :lol:  Hands down, Aaron wins the thread!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

IMG

VestCunt

SMS 2
Genesis 2
Game Gear
Master Gear Converter

NES (x2)
SNES
Super Gameboy
N64

Playstation 1
Jaguar

Turbo Express (x2)
TurboGrafx (x4, 1 broken)
TurboGrafx CD
SuperGrafx
Super CD Rom
Turbo Duo (x2, 1 sound broken)
Topic Adjourned.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2007, 05:17 PM

Samsung NUON DVD-N501
For REAL! TEMPEST 3-FUCKING-000!!!!!

There is seriously no sarcasm in this statement. Tempest rules.

SNKNostalgia

This after 20 years of mowing lawns and working restaurant jobs through out my youth.

NES - original and toploader
SNES - my first one died and yellowed, but got a newer one with better picture and looks great.
Atari Lynx model 1 - Damn battery guzzler and cheap plastic.
Gameboy Color and Advance - Great NES and SNES ports or remakes.
TG 16 - my first 16bit system in 1991 for X-mas with Final Lap Twin and Keith Courage, then got Cadash.
Turbo Duo - from TZD in 2000 new, modded out by Grahf and enjoying it more than I thought I would now.
Sega Genesis 1st model - with better video than most and got it off some kid in 93 for $15 hahaha, yesss.
Sega CD 2nd model - got it from KB toys refurbished for $30 in 96.
Sega 32X - Dirt cheap for $18 at Service Merchandise out of bis sale in 95-96.
Sega Saturn Blue Skeletal model - sexy, stable and quiet built in 97.
Neo Geo CD toploader and then a CDZ after many Last Blade sessions pissing me off with loading.
Neo Geo AES - went through 3 due to video or cart connections being crappy, 3rd one is modded all the way.
Playstation - Got the first model and lens crapped out, sent off, then broke again, bought 97 model still works.
Playstation 2 - Got it when it first came out and it still works really well after cleaning and tweaking a year ago, still takes just a little time to start some PS2 DVD games.
Dreamcast - Bought it a year after it was out. Great for fun imports and homebrew stuff.
Gamecube - When the RE games came out I went crazy with it, also I like Metroid and Metal Gear TS.
Xbox - Bought it right when Ninja Gaiden came out and was pretty much the only game I played on it.
Xbox 360 - Since no PS3 games yet and a lot of games are on it instead of usually going to a Sony system.

May get a PS3 when some games are made and once I get a nice HD next year sometime.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 09/22/2007, 02:31 PMMay get a PS3 when some games are made
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2007, 05:17 PM

Samsung NUON DVD-N501
YES!!!  I want to thank my wife because buying the PS3 and 360 were tough this time around (she hates it when I dump a lot of money on a game system).  I just hope the next gen won't have $600 consoles :\
IMG
IMG

badinfluenz

Off the top of my head I currently have:

Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Nintendo NES
Japanese Famiclone
Turbografx 16 with CD Drive
Turbo Duo
PC- engine Duo-R
Turbo Express
Sega Game Gear- sports edition blue
Sega Genesis CDX
Sega Nomad
SNES 2
Neo Geo CD
Neo Geo Pocket
Sega Saturn- US
Sega Saturn- JAP / White
Playstation 1- Modded
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast- US
Sega Dreamcast- JAP
Sega Dreamcast- US Black sports edition
Sony Playstation 2 slim
XBOX 360

I'm probably missing some, because lately all I have been playing is my Pc-engine, and Neo Geo CD. I for some reason can't get comfortable with the controls on the XBOX360 so I rarely play it, have had it for 6 months and have probably played it maybe 12 hours, lol. Decided to just go back to the basics with all my old systems, and just recently bought some older systems to play games I remembered.

Tatsujin

got this bundle yesterday for around 20 bucks!

/myfz1softpu6.jpg

the games and the system are all complete to near mint (incl. spine cards)

but the fun isn't that great, except for super street fighter II X and policenauts pilot disc, those are great :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Quotegot this bundle yesterday for around 20 bucks!
Wow! That's a good deal even if the games aren't that good.  :)

I saw a Dreamcast at a thrift store the other day for $45. Is that a good deal, or should I talk them down a bit?  :-k
IMG

nat

That's not a horrible deal but you might be able to find one cheaper somewhere. Still, not horrible.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

yeah..but i'm thinking already to resell the whole bunch, since the games doesn't really interesst me. this system had a shit load of crap games in its library, and about 70% if it, even can't be describe as games really!

beside of Super SFII X, Samurai Spirits & Puzzle Bobble, there isn't really anything which can give me some playfun. and those games I already own on other systems in same or even better quality.

maybe i first will buy some other Amiga-ports like flashback or another world to judge about a resell :) but it's definitelly not the worse system to collect games on it, unless you like some uber trash ;)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineFX

I'd also pay $20 for that lot Tatsujin...even though the games are junk, it's only $20...good deal.

I think I bought mine from Fred Myers back in the day for $60...I still remember when it was $700 there and drooling over that space game's FMV...what was it called...Total Eclipse I think....some alien was talking in the intro and I wanted it so bad..but no way in hell was I going to fork over $700.
IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

bought that trinket today:
/pwg6sh1.jpg
/pwg7ht3.jpg
/pwg9ft8.jpg
/pwg5ku0.jpg
/pwg3xo8.jpg
/pwg2gr3.jpg
/pwg1jv9.jpg
/pwg4wo3.jpg

:)

WoodyXP

The Power Glove is a piece of shit.  But at the same time it's so awesome.  Everybody should own one.
"I bathe in AES carts."

nat

My local video game store has one for sale. It looks like a total pain to use. I just don't get it.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteMy local video game store has one for sale. It looks like a total pain to use. I just don't get it.
It looks like a pain to use because it is a pain to use. But buy it if it's going for a decent price. hehe  :mrgreen:
IMG

Turbo D

that is the 8-bit equivalent to the wiimote  :lol:
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Nice find, tat! I love the Power Glove, it's so bad. <Lucas face>
IMG

Hobo Xiphas