OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I NEED A 360!!!

Started by Kitsunexus, 09/12/2007, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Tablet

Yeah i heard a rumour about this not too long ago, very glad to see its apparently true

NecroPhile

Awesome - especially for only $10, as a download.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

I've posted this picture in a couple of other forums now, but I figure I'll post it here as well.

A vertical shooter on an HD screen.  Oh, the black bar-ness!

IMG

Kitsunexus

Well...

1. I don't have an HD TV.

2. My TV does that with Gamcube Ikaruga, and I don't really care.

Joe Redifer

Oh, you already have Ikaruga?  Then you don't need a 360.

Tablet

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/12/2007, 08:40 PMI've posted this picture in a couple of other forums now, but I figure I'll post it here as well.

A vertical shooter on an HD screen.  Oh, the black bar-ness!

IMG
*is tempted to turn my TV sideways*

Like the version of star soldier for the psp, you have to turn it on its side, either way the black bars dont bother me

PCEngineHell

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Widescreen TVs kick ass... except for pre-Dreamcast era console gaming.  Then only CRT SDTV will do.

Anyway if the game offered a "tate" mode and you tilted an HDTV sideways, you'd get something like this:

IMG

They should just make a tate mode that's skinnier so it would fit, and we would all LOL at playing it un-titled as it would be even worse.

CrackTiger

From what I read, the graphics are supposed to be redone for the 360. So it may be worth playing in 720p, even on a widescreen. If you have a projector, it doesn't matter if you're only left with a 58" playing area.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Digi.k

you better start saving up for those MS points because theres a few more japanese shmups coming on XBL:

REZ HD with 5.1 audio
Omega Five   
Trigger Heart Excelia
Castle Shikigami III   ( http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/exploring-castle-shikigami-iii-299219.php )

Not to mention those gorgeous jp RPGs coming our way.. now wheres our translated Tengai Makyou!!??

Oh Ya.. other news.  Bangai-O heading to the Nintendo DS!!!!  =D

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/12/2007, 09:02 PMOh, you already have Ikaruga?  Then you don't need a 360.
I don't have Rez, and I'd rather pay $500+ for a fully functional game system than just for the Rez PS2 disc alone...

Joe Redifer

Fully functional game system?  I thought this thread was abut the Xbox360.  Good luck getting a fully functional one that doesn't break down on you.

BTW... Dreamcast REZ is better than PS2 REZ.  It runs in 480p and therefore looks much cleaner with less jaggies.

Digi.k

haha yup..  about 95% of the people I know including myself have had the system break down due to heating problems...   the other 5% have had their 360 for 2 years and still going.

You should get the 360's with HDMI ready as these will have the updated heat sinks which are slightly more reliable (well they dont heat up as much as the older versions)  as the back of the 360 the fan extracts air as hot as a hair dryer!!!!!   Since I gotten mine back the air extracted at the back  feels a bit warmer than the air that comes out of the power supply unit of my pc.

Or you could wait even more longer till the 65ns chips come out offering even more reliability.. although no one is gonna know when these hit the shops..

CrackTiger

From everything I've read, the HDMI 360's don't have the new cooler hardware yet, but its supposed to get phased in by the end of the year.

100% of the people I know have had no problems with their 360's. :wink: I seriously think that many people hook them up without the video cable fully connected or something else simple that causes red rings and just freak out.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/12/2007, 10:52 PMBTW... Dreamcast REZ is better than PS2 REZ.  It runs in 480p and therefore looks much cleaner with less jaggies.
And is also in Japanese, and is even MORE expensive than PS2 Rez...

Joe Redifer

It's in Japanese?  I didn't notice.  I'll have to play it again.  Maybe you are thinking of a REZ text adventure game?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/13/2007, 12:33 AMIt's in Japanese?  I didn't notice.  I'll have to play it again.  Maybe you are thinking of a REZ text adventure game?
I would like to understand the menus...it took me a week to work out the options screen of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius and map it on paper...

ParanoiaDragon

It's seriously going to be a long time before I can get a 360.  Most people I know have had their's breakdown.  One of my friends is on his third :P  I just can't put up with that.  I know there will be a game or 2 here & there that I'll want, but, I can't chance wasting money on a 360 system.  I'll just pick up the games I know I want for it, when I see them go cheap(like the LE Perfect Dark Zero I got new for $10 as TRU).  Otherwise, I have a PS3 now, & will someday get a Wii.  They both seem really reliable.........so far.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/13/2007, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/12/2007, 10:52 PMBTW... Dreamcast REZ is better than PS2 REZ.  It runs in 480p and therefore looks much cleaner with less jaggies.
And is also in Japanese, and is even MORE expensive than PS2 Rez...
That's why you buy the Euro DC release...

Like any shooter, there is so little text in Rez it just doesn't matter. If language is a barrier, then Rez is wasted on you anyway. Rez transcends language...all six words of it.

Anyway, I find excitement over ports like this to be kind of lame. To me its basically people getting excited because back in the day they wasted their money on PS2 shit like GTAIII, which is now worth less than $5, and didn't buy Rez, which is now worth...well, pretty much what it cost originally, and actually has a lasting appeal. I bought a EU DC copy for $40. I don't think its much more than that now, is it?

They are the same people that played MHSvsSF, or KOF on Playstation, and then got so excited when they heard about Final Burn because now the cash they wasted on mainstream crap isn't so painful.

Trigger Heart isn't that great, but Ikaruga and Rez are legends, IMO. Still, if patient they can be had for $50 each, or less, which is a fuckload less than a new system. Furthermore, playing these games in a Sega system is true, where as playing them on the 360 is false.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quoteit took me a week to work out the options screen of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius and map it on paper...
Scan that paper or type what the menu items are here.  I'd like to know as there are tons of selections that I was too lazy to investigate.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/13/2007, 08:35 PM
Quoteit took me a week to work out the options screen of Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius and map it on paper...
Scan that paper or type what the menu items are here.  I'd like to know as there are tons of selections that I was too lazy to investigate.
Jesus dude, that was when I was 11 (JOP was my second SNES ROM after the Tenchi Muyo game), I don't even think I have the notebook anymore! 0_0

BTW has anyone here ACTUALLY gotten all the fairies!? That game is fucking hard!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: KitsunexusJesus dude, that was when I was 11
So it was only last week?   :o

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/14/2007, 02:34 AM
I wish.

nat

No, Joe, he's a teenager now, remember?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

esteban

Quote from: nat on 09/14/2007, 09:38 PM
No, Joe, he's a teenager now, remember?
hahhahahahahahhaa.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CosMind

the ikaruga and rez news doesn't excite me much personally - since i imported both of those gems the day they first hit the dreamcast.
(did the same for trigger heart excelica - which is definitely not a "must have" - and every other dreamcast shooter for that matter)
however, it's rad that cats who were too silly not to do that now have a chance to atone for their sins :wink:

news of the original shooter by hudson is what has me stoked out of my socks:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/15/joystiq-impressions-omega-five-xbla/

getting closer to having to buy a 360 now.

PCEngineFX

The game does offer a "tate" mode so no worries there...as the graphics go, the resolution should be sharp in 720p and 1080i so that the polys don't look soft.

Another reason to buy these games on 360 is that most are now offering online co-op play.  I've bought Streets of Rage II on Wii, but when it was released on Xbox Live Arcade I had to buy it as it had not only HD smoothed graphics, but online co-op and online vs mode as well (oh and achievements to get my gamerscore up).
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Online co-op for classic games on newer consoles is very cool. 8)

Sure you can do it through computer emulation, but losers like me don't play games on computers, and its cool to hook up with people through Gamertags and you can private chat while you play. :P

Kitsunexus

I MAY BE GETTING A 360 LATER THIS WEEK! ^_________________^

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2007, 08:42 PMOnline co-op for classic games on newer consoles is very cool. 8)

Sure you can do it through computer emulation, but losers like me don't play games on computers, and its cool to hook up with people through Gamertags and you can private chat while you play. :P
It's just ease of use too on the 360...it is very easy to see which one of your friends are online and what they are playing.  Then you can just send them a request to play a game then pow, you're in.

BTW, if anyone has sigs turned off then you can't see my gamertag banner which shows my gamerscore, games recently played, etc.
IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/19/2007, 01:12 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/18/2007, 08:42 PMOnline co-op for classic games on newer consoles is very cool. 8)

It's just ease of use too on the 360...it is very easy to see which one of your friends are online and what they are playing.  Then you can just send them a request to play a game then pow, you're in.

BTW, if anyone has sigs turned off then you can't see my gamertag banner which shows my gamerscore, games recently played, etc.
I have sigs turned on, and you do NOT have a gamertag.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

It takes awhile to load since it is hosted on a crappy server and there are a lot of gamertags.

PCEngineFX

Yah it's from mygamercard.net...been with them since the beginning.  Here is my direct link if you want to see what I've been playing recently...

https://web.archive.org/web/20080418124023/http://profile.mygamercard.net:80/Pcenginefx

And speaking of, if you have a 360, feel free to add me as a friend.  I need more :|
IMG
IMG