Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 03/15/2010 - Rondo of Blood)

Started by PCEngineFX, 09/14/2007, 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Watch this space for up-to-date listings of TurboGrafx-CD downloadable games for the Wii Virtual Console.
Hudson's official Virtual Console site: http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html

UPCOMING USA TITLES
Unknown

RELEASED USA TITLES
Released 03/15/2010 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (900 Points)
Released 11/02/2009 - Fighting Street (Street Fighter) (800 Points)
Released 06/22/2009 - SimEarth (800 Points)
Released 10/20/2008 - Gradius II (900 Points)
Released 09/08/2008 - Cho Aniki (900 Points)
Released 08/25/2008 - Ys Book I & II (800 Points)
Released 08/11/2008 - Star Parodia (900 Points)
Released 02/11/2008 - Lords of Thunder (800 Points)
Released 01/14/2007 - Riot Zone (800 Points)
Released 12/17/2007 - Wonderboy III: Monster Lair (800 Points)
Released 12/03/2007 - The Dynastic Hero (800 Points)
Released 11/19/2007 - Super Air Zonk (800 Points)
Released 10/15/2007 - Gate of Thunder (800 Points)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

esteban

Wow, Cho Aniki here in the States... but what about Ai Cho Aniki?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

That's really amazing that Chou Aniki is coming out here. It seems the Virtual Console has proved a twofold over the nonbelievers: Japanese AND CD games! :D
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 09/14/2007, 06:05 PMThat's really amazing that Chou Aniki is coming out here. It seems the Virtual Console has proved a twofold over the nonbelievers: Japanese AND CD games! :D
I think its safe to say that anything's realistically possible now for VC releases. Pretty much everything the naysayers swore would never happen now has. [-X

How the hell are they going to bring out Cho Aniki? Its not as bad as Ai Cho Aniki, but doesn't have to pass the ESA rating?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

It's some thing that turbo-cd games are coming to the wii vc.

How is hudson over coming the memory issue ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2007, 08:19 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/14/2007, 06:05 PMThat's really amazing that Chou Aniki is coming out here. It seems the Virtual Console has proved a twofold over the nonbelievers: Japanese AND CD games! :D
I think its safe to say that anything's realistically possible now for VC releases. Pretty much everything the naysayers swore would never happen now has. [-X
Totally agreed 8) . It feels good to be right about CD games finally making it, huh buddy ;) ? As I told Steve, I think Seldane is going to commit suicide once he reads about it.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

PCEngineFX

First post updated with confirmed US DUO games being released in October.
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/29/2007, 10:07 PMFirst post updated with confirmed US DUO games being released in October.
What the hell happened here?  That bunch of bums are taking away Ys and my hope for Japanese only releases coming to the US, the bastards.  :cry:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

runinruder

That's too bad for VC fans.  Choaniki is much better than Super Air Zonk.  I guess it could still happen, though.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

At least they got Gate of Thunder, which is a requirement. I'm assuming it will include the Bonk games and Bomberman with it and if that's the case, I feel sorry for those VC users that already bought those games.
IMG

Odonadon

Still no word from Nintendo or Hudson on this and these games are coming out within a month?  I can't read Japanese, so maybe it is on Hudson's Japan site, but I doubt it.  Can anyone confirm this as something official?

OD

PCEngineFX

Gate of Thunder and Super Air Zonk are confirmed for US.  However, I can't confirm that it will be the 3-in-1 Gate of Thunder release or just the game - but the feeling I'm getting is that it will be the GoT game only and not have Bonk/Bomberman with it.
IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quotebut the feeling I'm getting is that it will be the GoT game only and not have Bonk/Bomberman with it.
Yeah, I can't really see them releasing the 3-in-1 set. Though I have been wrong on occasion.  :)

It's just awesome people will finally be able to play CD and SuperCD games on the wii now.  :dance:  The NEC/TTI revolution is on its way.  :P  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Odonadon

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/30/2007, 10:19 PMGate of Thunder and Super Air Zonk are confirmed for US.  However, I can't confirm that it will be the 3-in-1 Gate of Thunder release or just the game - but the feeling I'm getting is that it will be the GoT game only and not have Bonk/Bomberman with it.
Not that I don't believe you, but how are these confirmed, and by whom, exactly? :)   

OD

TR0N

What made my day is that treasure,Sin and Punsihment is on the vc now  :shock:  =D>
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TRON on 10/01/2007, 11:30 PMWhat made my day is that treasure,Sin and Punsihment is on the vc now  :shock:  =D>
Yeah I found that really interesting too. I hadn't heard of that game before, but it seems pretty cool. Might have to get it on the VC unless N64 importing is easy.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 10/02/2007, 02:27 AM
Quote from: TRON on 10/01/2007, 11:30 PMWhat made my day is that treasure,Sin and Punsihment is on the vc now  :shock:  =D>
Yeah I found that really interesting too. I hadn't heard of that game before, but it seems pretty cool. Might have to get it on the VC unless N64 importing is easy.
N64 importing is the same deal as SNES/SFC games, but S&P was pricey for years for similar reasons as Radiant Silvergun and still goes for something like $40 - $60.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbofan1

Quote from: Odonadon on 10/01/2007, 10:36 PM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/30/2007, 10:19 PMGate of Thunder and Super Air Zonk are confirmed for US.  However, I can't confirm that it will be the 3-in-1 Gate of Thunder release or just the game - but the feeling I'm getting is that it will be the GoT game only and not have Bonk/Bomberman with it.
Not that I don't believe you, but how are these confirmed, and by whom, exactly? :)   

OD
Just go here-http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html.That tells you wich games will be released for the month.Unrelated to the Turbo Grafx,i thought they where going to start releasing Neo Geo games for the virtual console.Have not seen anything yet.

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: turbofan1 on 10/02/2007, 04:50 PM
Quote from: Odonadon on 10/01/2007, 10:36 PM

OD
Just go here-http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html.That tells you wich games will be released for the month.Unrelated to the Turbo Grafx,i thought they where going to start releasing Neo Geo games for the virtual console.Have not seen anything yet.
There are some,NeoGeo titles for the jpn vc all ready no word on a u.s release though.

Still NOA is like that they prefer to keep the release's down to a trickle....
IMG

PCEngineFX

Either Gate of Thunder, Super Air Zonk or Samurai Ghost should be released next Monday....which one will it be?..HMMMM

IMG IMG IMG
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Gate of Thunder has been released for the Wii Virtual Console.  At this time I don't know how many blocks it takes up....
IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteEither Gate of Thunder, Super Air Zonk or Samurai Ghost should be released next Monday....which one will it be?..HMMMM
Well, now that GOT has been released, I would have to go with Super Air Zonk.
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/15/2007, 12:45 PMGate of Thunder has been released for the Wii Virtual Console.  At this time I don't know how many blocks it takes up....
Update to how many blocks GoT takes...a surprisingly small 220 blocks.  For comparison, the Internet channel takes up 233 blocks, Art of Fighting (Neo Geo) takes up 135 blocks, and Paper Mario (N64) takes up 249 blocks.
IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteUpdate to how many blocks GoT takes...a surprisingly small 220 blocks.  For comparison, the Internet channel takes up 233 blocks, Art of Fighting (Neo Geo) takes up 135 blocks, and Paper Mario (N64) takes up 249 blocks.
Wow!! That's really surprising. (I just did a quick google to figure out what "blocks" are. hehe. You learn something new everyday. heh)
IMG

nat

They must be using some hefty compression. How does the audio sound compared to the real thing? Anyone downloaded it yet?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

PCEngineFX

I won't be able to try it out for another 4 hours or so....damn work!!!!
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Gate of Thunder? Awesome! Although I'm disappointed that Ys: Book I & II didn't become the inaugural Turbo CD game for the VC, it's still great that we're getting Gate of Thunder.  Can't wait to see how this plays out! :mrgreen:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Odonadon

Seems identical to me, though I haven't given it a good run-thru yet.  They must be using some crazy compression for the audio, I don't know how they got it that small.  The GOT ROM tracks plus audio tracks in 128kbps CBR MP3 (44kHz) comes to almost 50% more data than the Paper Mario ROM, yet takes up less blocks on the Wii.

OD

Keranu

Now that's some turbo compressing right there! I wonder what they did exactly?
IMG

PCEngineFX

So I bought the game.  Some thoughts:

-Interestingly there is a split second loading screen, shown below:

IMG

-Music sounds REALLY good on my 5.1 surround system....Sounds so good in fact that it sounds like it is mixed in 5.1 but I doubt it....

-Gameplay & sound FX seem identical to original.

In conclusion...
SUPER CD HAS COME TO THE WII!!
IMG
IMG

Keranu

Interesting that they kept the System Card screen, seems like it would confuse people. So does the game just include Gate of Thunder or does it come with the other three games as well?
IMG

kenomac78

i just DLed it today too. I found it strange it included the PCE  menu screen, why not the US version? i guess its the japanese version of the game? when you soft reset it takes you back to it also, is it part of the game code maybe? what does the cd 2.0 load screen look like in japan? never had that unit.

that download took forever 220 blocks! how many megs is that? 50?

the game plays great and NO load times, and no song reset times, which i do miss the quaintness of...  but i cant tell the difference in sound quality.  my turbo never played this game right and music would always stop. despite no scratches.

its like 1993 for me all over again.  :dance:  now we just need cotton, ys, lords, de2, shadowgate and all the rest.  and i hear the value of my games dropping suddenly

Ceti Alpha

Does the load screen scale and rotate like the GOT CD?
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/16/2007, 07:51 AMDoes the load screen scale and rotate like the GOT CD?
No, it just appears for a split second then dissapears.

Quote from: Keranu on 10/16/2007, 04:22 AMInteresting that they kept the System Card screen, seems like it would confuse people.
Well, the system card screen is not interactive and only appears for a second...maybe they will "fix" this in future releases...who knows.

Quote from: Keranu on 10/16/2007, 04:22 AMSo does the game just include Gate of Thunder or does it come with the other three games as well?
Just GoT.

Quote from: kenomac78 on 10/16/2007, 07:11 AMi just DLed it today too. I found it strange it included the PCE  menu screen, why not the US version? i guess its the japanese version of the game? when you soft reset it takes you back to it also, is it part of the game code maybe? what does the cd 2.0 load screen look like in japan? never had that unit.
What is going on here is that since the emulator running the game was coded by Hudson of Japan, the emu is based off of the PCE System Card, not the US one (thus why it says "PC Engine Super CD-ROM System").
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

While it is kinda disappointing that we will barely get to see any of the famous loading screens on the Turbo CD games and the interactivity of the system card screen, they were pretty much not the point to the game.  As long as I get to enjoy the actual CD game itself, that's good enough for me. :)
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

CrackTiger

Does GoT use a blurring filter like the HuCard VC games?

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2007, 07:53 PMDoes GoT use a blurring filter like the HuCard VC games?
I think that's a complete myth that the bluriness is a problem, I can't really tell much of a difference on my 50" plasma in 480p.   The picture is just softened a little, doesn't look better or worse than the NES or SNES emulation - just different.  You won't care or notice after you've played a few TG16 games on the VC.

OD

CrackTiger

Quote from: Odonadon on 10/16/2007, 11:56 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/16/2007, 07:53 PMDoes GoT use a blurring filter like the HuCard VC games?
I think that's a complete myth that the bluriness is a problem, I can't really tell much of a difference on my 50" plasma in 480p.   The picture is just softened a little, doesn't look better or worse than the NES or SNES emulation - just different.  You won't care or notice after you've played a few TG16 games on the VC.

OD
I don't know how it compares to other VC formats, but its very noticible compared to real Turbo hardware. But if you're the type of person who hooks their PS3 or Xbox 360 with composite though, it won't really matter.

PCEngineFX

No new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.

tsukino-cry.jpg
IMG
IMG

akamichi

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/29/2007, 01:44 PMNo new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.
tsukino-cry.jpg
Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi

CrackTiger

Quote from: akamichi on 10/30/2007, 07:34 AM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/29/2007, 01:44 PMNo new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.
tsukino-cry.jpg
Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi
That is interesting, since MWIII already came out on Genesis (didn't it?). Wouldn't that be the first time the same game has come out on different VC platforms?

nat

Yes, but you're also talking different regions. Wonderboy V came out on the U.S. Genesis VC, and it's coming out on the Japanese PCE VC. Still only one version per region.

Unless it also came out on the Japanese Megadrive VC.. Then that's a different story.

But this brings up another point I've been wondering about for a while. Is SEGA going to put a stop to them releasing the old SEGA games on the TG-16 VC? So far we haven't seen one yet, have we?

Wonderboy is probably a special case since SEGA doesn't exclusively own the rights/license to those games.

Odonadon

Quote from: nat on 10/30/2007, 02:27 PMYes, but you're also talking different regions. Wonderboy V came out on the U.S. Genesis VC, and it's coming out on the Japanese PCE VC. Still only one version per region.

Unless it also came out on the Japanese Megadrive VC.. Then that's a different story.

But this brings up another point I've been wondering about for a while. Is SEGA going to put a stop to them releasing the old SEGA games on the TG-16 VC? So far we haven't seen one yet, have we?

Wonderboy is probably a special case since SEGA doesn't exclusively own the rights/license to those games.
Dynastic Hero isn't a Wonderboy game - shouldn't be any issues with that.

OD

Keranu

Quote from: akamichi on 10/30/2007, 07:34 AM
tsukino-cry.jpg

- akamichi
Interesting, a Konami game is in there. I wonder if Hudson Entertainment will bring the Konami games out here?
IMG

akamichi

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2007, 02:06 PM
Quote from: akamichi on 10/30/2007, 07:34 AMKinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

- akamichi
That is interesting, since MWIII already came out on Genesis (didn't it?). Wouldn't that be the first time the same game has come out on different VC platforms?
Not sure about US Wii VC stuff, but Jpn Wii VC has Gradius NES and PCE versions available.  I think that was the first game.  Oddly enough Gradius II will be the next multi-platform VC game once the PCE ver is released.

- akamichi

NecroPhile

Quote from: Odonadon on 10/31/2007, 01:06 AMDynastic Hero isn't a Wonderboy game - shouldn't be any issues with that.

OD
Uhh, yeah.... I hope you're being facetious.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Quote from: Odonadon on 10/31/2007, 01:06 AMDynastic Hero isn't a Wonderboy game - shouldn't be any issues with that.

OD
Funny, since I used the Wonderboy V walkthrough to play through it. I guess that means I can use the Night Creatures walkthrough to play through Space Harrier, right? I can't wait to get home and try it out! I always knew there was a way to transform the Harrier into a badger!