10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Opinion - what's this worth?

Started by Toadboy, 10/09/2007, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toadboy

Have had this for a while, and recently dug it back out for somebody interested in purchasing it.  Curious what the masses think this is worth (not that I'm basing my pricing on it - just curious) before I pack it back up.

Camp California prototype on EPROM-based HuCard.  Yes, they considered making this a Hucard based game before it was released on CD.  Pictures of the card and shots I captured from the game below:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

CrackTiger

I've seen prototype HuCards go for $70 -$140 on eBay before. The value of this one should be based more on the fact that it contains a unique version of CC.

If you do end up selling it, I hope it gets into the hands of someone who can extract the rom from it and that they share it with the public.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Toadboy

Oh, I've got the ROM's extracted - I've got several other pre-release versions of various HuCard games (also dumped from EPROMS) - this is the only one that was unreleased (as a HuCard at least).

Problem is, I was never able to get the extracted ROM's (for CC) to work in any emulator, regardless of how I combined them.  I'm sure somebody could get them working, but I had no luck.

I've not distributed any of what I got because it was packed away, and also (for CC), it would obviously impact the value of the proto board...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Toadboy on 10/09/2007, 10:51 PMOh, I've got the ROM's extracted - I've got several other pre-release versions of various HuCard games (also dumped from EPROMS) - this is the only one that was unreleased (as a HuCard at least).

Problem is, I was never able to get the extracted ROM's (for CC) to work in any emulator, regardless of how I combined them.  I'm sure somebody could get them working, but I had no luck.

I've not distributed any of what I got because it was packed away, and also (for CC), it would obviously impact the value of the proto board...
Well, if you do sell it, it'd be cool if you made the rom available afterwards. Flash cards are now readily available and it'd be nice to at least get some videos of the game in circulation for Turbo fans without flash cards.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

I'd say that its priceless. If I had to put a dollar amount I'd say around $200
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

That is so jawesome!

I've never seen one of these for sale before, so I have no clue what it's worth. However I am extremely glad you posted pics as I've never seen pics for this before and those pics look really interesting! I love the title screen especially  :mrgreen: . Thanks for posting!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI love the title screen especially
I know most of you have seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is part of that advertising/marketing team creating the new character on Itchy and Scratchy. Camp California's character totally reminds me of Homer's cartooncreation "Poochie". lol. In fact, so does Johnny Turbo. Which makes me wonder....was Homer part of TTI's executive team?  :-k

IMG
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

royalenfield

Quite an interesting found to my opinion, I just love prototypes!

Should you decide to sell it, don't hesitate to contact me.

NecroPhile

It's worth $1 plus shipping.  Do you accept paypal?  :lol:

Seriously, I'd say that it's worth $100-$150.  Another member, Sprout, had a prototype copy of Camp California a while back.  By chance, did you purchase Sprout's copy?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/10/2007, 12:15 PMIt's worth $1 plus shipping.  Do you accept paypal?  :lol:

Seriously, I'd say that it's worth $100-$150.  Another member, Sprout, had a prototype copy of Camp California a while back.  By chance, did you purchase Sprout's copy?
Since he's posting the exact same screenshots, I'm assuming that its the same person.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/10/2007, 02:58 PMSince he's posting the exact same screenshots, I'm assuming that its the same person.
I thought of that, but then decided that only a retard like me would déjà vu the fuck out of something as rare as this.  Anywho..... I stand by my original offer of four shiny quarters.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Toadboy

Well, crap - I thought I'd registered on here previously, but couldn't find my account  :?

Yep - that's me; sorry for the repeat account creation!  I'd posted that back when I was selling off all my NES proto's, and had packed all my other stuff back up until a few months back.

I'll try getting everything connected back up before I lug it back up into the attic, and try to capture some gameplay videos if there's interest.

Keranu

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/10/2007, 09:48 AM
QuoteI love the title screen especially
I know most of you have seen the Simpson's episode where Homer is part of that advertising/marketing team creating the new character on Itchy and Scratchy. Camp California's character totally reminds me of Homer's cartooncreation "Poochie". lol. In fact, so does Johnny Turbo. Which makes me wonder....was Homer part of TTI's executive team?  :-k

IMG
Hahaha, totally!

Quote from: ToadboyI'll try getting everything connected back up before I lug it back up into the attic, and try to capture some gameplay videos if there's interest.
BIG interest on my side! I'd really appreciate any footage!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

D-Lite

Well not sure what you want for it but I'd definitely be interested in it.  I'm mostly there on my PCE collection now so I'm moving onto the proto stuff if I can find it.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG