Potentially retarded question: Ys.

Started by Kitsunexus, 10/20/2007, 03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

I'm seriously seriously dumb when it comes to this series, even though I've played a few of them. I know that Ys is very old and was originally for Japanese computers like MSX and X68000, and I know there's TurboCD versions, but are there HuCard versions of Ys 1 & 2?

This is a really stupid question, I'm sorry. :(
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

HAHAHAHAHHA!  :mrgreen:

The answer is no, the Ys games were only on CD. However I'm sure you can find trolls out there who have made "Special" HuCard versions.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

LOL, I'm an idiot. But thanks for the answer! ^___^
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

runinruder

It's a nice thought.  It'd be interesting to hear TurboChip renditions of the redbook tunes.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: runinruder on 10/20/2007, 05:24 PMIt's a nice thought.  It'd be interesting to hear TurboChip renditions of the redbook tunes. 
If they did them half decent. Like many CD games the Ys I - III chip tunes are pretty basic.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: KitsuneLOL, I'm an idiot. But thanks for the answer! ^___^
Nah I was just messing with 'ya.

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2007, 07:08 PM
Quote from: runinruder on 10/20/2007, 05:24 PMIt's a nice thought.  It'd be interesting to hear TurboChip renditions of the redbook tunes. 
If they did them half decent. Like many CD games the Ys I - III chip tunes are pretty basic.
As basic as they were, I really liked the tunes in those games. They didn't really fit in with some of the explosive CD tracks, but they had really nice charm to them. My favorite was the song played in Rance Village. Ys IV's chiptunes were a huge leap though.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 10/21/2007, 12:42 AMAs basic as they were, I really liked the tunes in those games. They didn't really fit in with some of the explosive CD tracks, but they had really nice charm to them. My favorite was the song played in Rance Village. Ys IV's chiptunes were a huge leap though.
I still like them, but I'd want more complex renditions of the rest of the soundtrack if it was put on HuCard.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

2X4

What the simplistic chip tunes did effectively was create contrast so that when you plunged into the dangers outside of town the mood intensified that much more.  They are perfect really for their respective parts of the story.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .