The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

FS: NEC PCE ROM2 AMP

Started by Oli_lar, 11/20/2007, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oli_lar

Hi, I've not been on in a while (studying, moving etc - life!) so sorry my 1st post back is this, but I thought it would be a shame if you peeps on here missed it.

Its a shame but space requires that I sell some of my collection. Latest cut is my PCE ROM2 Amp. I bought it from new (sealed) and have only taken it out to have a bit of a play with it and test it (sounds pretty good with the briefcase on it!) and take photos etc.

Box is in fair-good condition apart from where someone has put tape on the opening. Corners are mostly free from crushing and the sides are pretty much dent free. All plastic baggies and cable ties etc are there.

Obviously pretty rare, don't think theres been one on ebay before? And I've not seen many on YJ.

Pics: Lots of big pics so beware!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

If you want any more pics let me know.

Looking for £100 PPD in the UK, though I'm open to offers. Collection from Sheffield possible and will knock a bit off the price. Will deliver everywhere else but will need to stick a bit of shipping on top of that depending on the postal method of choice. I think Shipping to the US will probably be £130.

Checkout my ebay for my good feedback and the PAL TG 16 I've got on ebay. http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZoli_lar

Also posted on Assembler forums so 1st offer I recieve gets it.

Don't think there are any decent pics of a ROM Amp on the net so if the mod wants I can donate the rest of them for the Site's gallery?

Anyway if there are no takers, enjoy the pics at least  :-({|=

Cheers!

Oli

Oli_lar

BTW I traded with grahf on here a while back - so if hes still around he could vouch for me?

Cheers

Ceti Alpha

That is freakin' sweet. Makes me wish I had that PC Engine set up so I could use it.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Holy shit, I've never even heard of this before.

This would make a perfect Christmas gift to myself. I'm really upset with you Oil_lar for not posting this last week. Since then I have commited to buy a couple PCE flash carts which are not cheap and we're taking a four-day vacation to the Ocean this week for Thanksgiving. I would have passed on all that if I knew I was going to have the chance to purchase this.  :cry:
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Turbo D

Looks cool, but its definitely out of my price range  :(
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Looks cool and all, but dee-yam!  $460 shipped to the States is too steep for me, but good luck and thanks for the nice pics.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Oli_lar

Good to know I've enlightened a few then!

I bought it with a view to putting up a few details of this obscure item (Don't think there are any pics at all on internet - at least not on english sites) So the offers still there if anyone can host the pics/info. Just a pity I have no scanner to scan the manuals.

It looks like it was intended to be used as a karaoke machine, as well as amp, for PCE karaoke games (are there any?)

I don't know if other PCE models sit on top in the plastic holders as I've only ever had the briefcase system. Are they similar dimensions?

I'm thinking of trading for it so if you think you have a worthwhile offer just let me know...would quite like a Duo RX and games, or a X68000 depending on model  :-k

BTW price may be negotiable, I set the price as that because I've no comparisons, don't think many have been sold in the West before..

grahf

Quote from: Oli_lar on 11/20/2007, 01:42 PMBTW I traded with grahf on here a while back - so if hes still around he could vouch for me?

Cheers
Yes, Me and Oli traded systems in the past.

Thats a damn cool item you have there. I've been in Japan for 4~ months now, and I havn't even seen one of those here yet.

Keranu

Wow, great pics! I've never seen such detailed pics of it before! That thing looks frickin' slick!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThat thing looks frickin' slick!
Agreed.  :) I'd let a "buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear" for that machine.
IMG

shubibiman

I once saw a boxed and complete one in Akihabara for 7500. I didin't buy it because it was too heavy and I was overloaded.
It's supposed to be a Karaoke system you can use with RomRom Karaoke series. It's a very nice item and I love to use it when I play DX.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Oli_lar

I'm gonna lower the price to £100 as I need to sell this quickly - shippings on top of that though.

nat

I could afford that in December. But not right now.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/21/2007, 12:47 AM
QuoteThat thing looks frickin' slick!
Agreed.  :) I'd let a "buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear" for that machine.
Me too!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Turbo D

I'd "eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer"   :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Well I don't think I would go THAT far. By the way, I would love to see the Angry Nintendo Nerd actually do those things.
IMG

Turbo D

haha, yes, that would be great entertainment  :)
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Have patience. Once he finally reviews all the Turbografx/PC Engine games he'll have run out of ideas so he'll be forced to actually do all those things he says he'd "rather do".  :mrgreen:
IMG

GUTS

Hey you should send those pics and the description to Assembler, he seems like the authority on all that really obscure, weird stuff.

Oli_lar

Assemblers already got one I think.

No takers? I'm toying with the idea of putting it on ebay, though if anyone wants to pay later I can put it in storage until they can pay. Its not the money I need, its the space!

Oli_lar