RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Is Game Choice Club trustworthy?

Started by dpaint4, 08/14/2004, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpaint4

I am interested in buying some PC-FX games from Game Choice Club, however their site looks a little sleazy and I'm wondering if they can be trusted or not.  Has anyone here ever bought anything from them?

jlued686

I've never heard of them.  What's the URL?

cubanraul

I've bought from that site a few times, I suggest paying a bit more for shipping to avoid anything wacky from happening during shipping.  Everything I got was in great condition, well taken care of and exactly as described.  I think this site is also owned by them:  http://www.gameforfun.com

Besides for hellish shipping I'd recommend gamechoice.

dpaint4

Seems like a nicer front end to the exact same site; that seems kind of shady to me.  But if you've recieved items before then I guess I'll give it a shot with a small order; thanks for the input.

Game Choice Club URL is : http://www.gamechoice.com.hk

PCEngineFX

LOL (looking at their FX price list)....Chip Chap Kick! is for "adults only"??  Wow, where did I miss that???

Looking over their prices, they look pretty reasonable.  However I can't vouch for how "legit" they are.  I'm kinda surprised at how many FX games they have in stock.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

monads

I've ordered a couple of used PC engine 6 pad controllers from them.  They were in excellent condition, like new.  I'm not so sure on communication, I sent an email to notify me when shipped and they didn't.  I agree though, don't skimp on shipping.  Use EMS speed post.

kstyle251

I've purchased MANY items from them and it's always gone extremely well...I'm surprised they didn't answer email as they've always answered mine (not immediately per the time difference) but within a day...if you can't tell, I give them a glowing positive review...

Whoom

I accutally think of getting miraculum from there.

PC WILL

Hi,

I just ordered  Der Langrisser FX from them about 2 days ago. I will let you guys know in what condition the game comes in and how good there shipping is (I paid for EMS speed post, to the U.S.). The 2 web page thing does get me thinking, if I would of seen that I would of not ordered (In my book there is no reason for any company to have 2 web pages with the exact same things, unless one is for there country and another is a international web page, NOT the case hear). But I will not judge them as bad for now. But I will let you guys know how things worked out for me. And yes they have e mailed me back every time I have e mailed them. But like a member hear said it takes about 24 hours before you hear back from them. Also all ways see your Spam (BULK) folder sometimes e mails that you do not want to go there, end up there. That's what happened to me when I got there 1st e mail.

THANKS
PC WILL
 :)

takashirose

For some reason, gameforfun.com has the same products, but with some at different prices that are more expensive compared to gamechoiceclub.com .  I don't klnow why though.
Let the old mix with the new.