@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Multi-region CoreGrafx II, SCD-ROM2 systems for sale: **SOLD**

Started by termis, 12/26/2007, 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

termis

Okay, I'm moving to Australia next year, so I gotta slowly start getting rid of some extra systems. I also still have many games left for sale here:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2952.0

So, here's a modded CoreGrafx II + SCD-ROM2 system.  The SCD-ROM2 system has some light scuffs, but it works w/o problems.  The CD system has the System 3.0 preloaded (just like the Duo), so you don't need an extra card to play SCD games.  The CoreGrafx is modded with a switch to play either US or Japanese cards.  However, I DO NOT have the matching controller that goes with the CoreGrafx II (with orange-background color).  In lieu, I'll throw your choice of: 1) Avenue Pad 6 controller, 2) US TurboDuo Controller, 3) JP TurboDuo controller (with purple backgrond colors).  I'll also add in a couple games as a freebie so you can test everything out as necessary.  Finally, it's not in the pic but I'll throw in a multi-tap as well.

Looking to get $275.  Willing to separate for the right price.
IMG

Closeups:
IMGIMG

Shots of it playing US Turbochip & Japanese game, respectively:
IMGIMG

nat

Turbo D

that is Genji Tsushin Agedama. Its an action/shoot'em up.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

pardon my necropost, but tell me about this 'battle pad'.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guyjin on 01/09/2008, 02:58 AMpardon my necropost, but tell me about this 'battle pad'.
Battle Pads offer a Comfort-Dry® Cover that provides comfortable protection and helps keep you feeling dry. Battle Pads with the new Comfort-Dry® Cover give you exactly what you're looking for — a pad that fits your body and your life. The Comfort-Dry® Cover helps keep you feeling fresh! Plus, it has a Leak Lock® system with a unique dual-layer design that's more absorbent where you need it. Battle Pads with the Comfort-Dry® Cover: Modern comfort. Legendary protection.

Battle Pads provide the protection you need and the comfort you want with outstanding absorbency for heavy or persistent wetness. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you'll be able to do when you're wearing Battle Pads.

With a blue absorbent center that helps lock away wetness and neutralize odors, you won't have to worry. Battle Pads put your mind at ease while you ease through your day. Each pad is individually wrapped for your convenience. Battle Pads help you face the day with confidence.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat

guyjin, the Battle Pad was an official NEC-released pad. I'm not sure how many were produced (or why) but they really aren't all that spectacular other than their name.

I have one.

As you can see from the picture, it's shape is slightly reminiscent of a Genesis pad. It is extremely comfortable to hold. However, it suffers from two glaring issues and as a result it doesn't get used much in my house.

First, the retarded D-pad design. It would've been OK if it was just a regular crosshair-type D-pad, but they actually TAPERED the points of the cross. The end result is that it is nearly impossible to make diagonal movements with this pad unless you are the Jolly Green Giant and have a thumb the size of my fist. This is OK in overhead RPG-type games that don't allow diagonal movements anyway.

The other issue is the extremely un-innovative placement of the turbo switches along the top edge. This placement, while it streamlines the look of the controller, makes it virtually impossible to change turbo settings mid-play. You have to pause the game so you can reach up and change them without getting hit or something in the middle of a game. It's hard to tell from the picture but the switches are recessed which makes flipping them not an option even if you are Stretch Armstrong and have fingers as long as my forearm.

It's too bad, really, because the pad feels very good to hold and is kind of nice in all other aspects. Ultimately though, it's only usable in overhead RPGs and platformers that don't require diagonal movements or for you to change turbo settings mid-game.

Turbo D

that controller was made specifically for bomberman. everything nat has said only further proves my point.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

nat

Yeah, it's probably the coolest looking of the official NEC-designed controllers.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteYeah, it's probably the coolest looking of the official NEC-designed controllers.
Affirmative. I like it. I like it a lot.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"