OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Just bought an awesome looking IREM-developed PS2 game...

Started by Kitsunexus, 01/31/2008, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

I found it at Dollar General for $15 and as soon as I saw IREM I had to have it!

It's called Raw Danger, and it looks pretty cool! It's about a city that floods and freezes, and you have to survive, basically it's a Japanese Day After Tomorrow in videogame form, not a survival horror game but a pure survival game.

I haven't played it yet, but it looks wicked. Has anyone else played it?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

ParanoiaDragon

I have the prequal(or maybe it's only a spiritual prequal) Disaster Report(also for PS2) for the horrible voice acting alone: http://www.audioatrocities.com/games/disasterreport/index.html there's some hilariously bad voice acting in it.  It's an ok game, I've heard the sequal that you got, isn't all that great IIRC in comparison though.  But I haven't played, almost picked it up, but, resisted the urge.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Hmm, well I still haven't played it yet, I'll play it later today. Thanks for the info though!

nat

Any game with the word "Raw" in the title is sure to be a winner.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

GUTS

It got some pretty bad reviews if I remember right, but I don't think I've actually seen a copy for sale anywhere so it might be worth owning just because you'll never see another copy.

Kitsunexus

This game rules pure and simple. The graphics aren't bad, the music is good, the voice acting sucks, but the gameplay is GREAT! Very clever and inventive! NEVER lose faith in Irem.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Dark Fact

homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Seldane

Raw danger? I can safely say by the title alone that it sucks.

Also, what's Irem? Never played a game by them, I'm pretty sure.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

nat

Quote from: Seldane on 02/11/2008, 10:58 AMAlso, what's Irem? Never played a game by them, I'm pretty sure.
This much is true, he told me the other day when he tried playing R-Type he got a Game Over before the company logo popped up on screen.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Seldane

R-type, eh. Only tried it once. No idea who made it.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

rag-time4

Not only R-Type but also Image Fight and X Multiply!

gekioh

Dude and Ninja Spirit. And Sub Rebellion. Raw Danger is fun Kits I agree. I like its simplicity

Alt-Nintega

Somebody here doesn't know who Irem is? Heresy much?

They made KUNG FU for NES.