OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/11/2009, 08:37 AMMe neither!  :idea: Sparks can now do Turbografx reviews on the Pixelvision and post them on Youtube.  :wink:
An interesting concept, but the lack of color would kinda suck.

nectarsis

PS2 to Dreamcast adaptors from Duo-R (Thanks)  :)

/100_1392.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/10/2009, 09:53 PMHey Sparky, nice find on the Pixelvision!  Please take some footage and upload it to Youtube or something.  I remember seeing commercials for that and thinking "I can record real life on a cassette tape I would be so awesome if I had one!".  I know it is black and white only, but the concept is still really cool.
hey thanks guys... i picked this up just for the cool factor, recording on a 90min cassette 11 mins of video & audio in window box fromat i had to try, there is some footage on youtube to show what it can do.

i am experimenting with different audio cassettes to see if there are any quality difference (shit, i cannot belive i am buying audio cassettes again :P) but first i need to buy a head cleaner or maybe even get it serviced as i am finding the rewind and play is slowing down at times... it is pretty cool what i have recorded so far, audio is perfect, just figuring out lighting and getting the best video out of it. I will post some video when i get it working proper :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/09/2009, 02:46 PMIMG

IMG
Hey NEC, bring Metamor Jupiter to MGC, I've always wanted to try that game!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Duo_R

Vasteel complete, minus the cardboard sleeve!

/img0082x.jpg
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

hoobs88

Anyone know if Vasteel 2 is playable without the ability to read Japanese?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Duo_RVasteel complete, minus the cardboard sleeve!
NO CARDBOARD SLEEVE???!!!!  That means you are not hardcore.  Not being hardcore makes you less of a gamer.  Being less of a gamer makes you less of a person.  Being less of a person means being among the first to be sacrificed when the moon men attack.  Nice going, Einstein!

Duo_R

I don't think being hardcore makes me any less of a gamer......  :roll:

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/14/2009, 01:24 AM
Quote from: Duo_RVasteel complete, minus the cardboard sleeve!
NO CARDBOARD SLEEVE???!!!!  That means you are not hardcore.  Not being hardcore makes you less of a gamer.  Being less of a gamer makes you less of a person.  Being less of a person means being among the first to be sacrificed when the moon men attack.  Nice going, Einstein!

Joe Redifer

And right over your head it went!  :)

Duo_R

But I took this comment literary:

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/14/2009, 11:47 AMBeing less of a person means being among the first to be sacrificed when the moon men attack.

I need to ward off these moon men!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

nectarsis

hoobs88

I've never seen "Skies of Arcadia" for Dreamcast before. What is that like?

Joe Redifer

Sweet!  Super Castlevania IV is the best SNES game, or at least one of the very best.

I have Skies of Arcadia on the DC and I don't recall it being too interesting.  Never finished it.  I won the Gamecube version in some contest and I think I gave it away or sold it for cheap.

albinoMithos

Quote from: hoobs88 on 03/15/2009, 06:14 PMI've never seen "Skies of Arcadia" for Dreamcast before. What is that like?
Skies of Arcadia was an RPG for the DC.  It's pretty fun.  You're a sky pirate that's out to stop an evil empire from destroying the world.  It has ship to ship air battles a nice number of sidequests, and a decent enough story.   It's one of my favorite DC games.

nectarsis

DJLobo

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/16/2009, 03:25 PMIMG
Gunbuster! That's the first piece of OVA Anime I ever saw. I know that it's a digital comic, but I'm envious.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

hoobs88

IMG

IMG

Exile: Wicked Phenomenon Super CD with slip cover.

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 03/17/2009, 03:17 PMExile: Wicked Phenomenon Super CD with slip cover.
Oh, nice!  Where'd ya find that elusive bugger?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Found a "Keith Courage" srpg for the PS1..had to have it ;)

/100_1395.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/18/2009, 03:55 PMFound a "Keith Courage" srpg for the PS1..had to have it ;)

IMG
Kewl the ss rpg i've played it on the saturn.It's ok for a good old fasion turn based game,btw if you didn't know there is a english patch for the ngcd version only.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Let's see:

-Saturn USB controller for my PS3 and also to pley teh illegal romz my my teh computerz.
-Marble Saga (Kororinpa 2)
-Ecco Tides of Time
-Legacy of Ys 1 and 2 (not sure if I mentioned this before.  It BLOWS AWAY the Turbo version with 3D graphics.  Turbo could not di 3D graphics so DS is automatically so much better).
-Two double cheeseburgers, fries, Diet Pepsi® at A&W.  All of this is still inside me right now!

PCEngineHell

Hellraiser 4 LD
T2 Special edition boxset LD
T2 Special edition normal release LD
Robocop Criterion CLV LD release
Return of the Street Fighter LD
NeoGeo MVS 1-slot
Shock Troopers 1 MVS

PCE stuff:
Darius Plus
Vasteel 2
Rock On
Nectarsis
Blood Gear
Son Son 2
Klax
Exile 2
Godzilla

IMG

Turbo D

IMG

This be me booty haul for this week. Definitely happy with my new/sealed Chaos Field for only $15!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: turbo D on 03/20/2009, 10:05 PMIMG

This be me booty haul for this week. Definitely happy with my new/sealed Chaos Field for only $15!
$15!! NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Joe Redifer

Oh man!  Tomcat Alley??  WWF Arcade Game by Acclaim?  Star Fighter also by Acclaim (which the reviews said was "stellar")?  How are you so lucky?  :)

PCEngineHell

Magician Lord MVS kit
GC mem card for my son
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/20/2009, 10:37 PMOh man!  Tomcat Alley??  WWF Arcade Game by Acclaim?  Star Fighter also by Acclaim (which the reviews said was "stellar")?  How are you so lucky?  :)
Lmao, those games rule doode! You gotta love them for what they are! :lol: 8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jboypacman

Frogger board game and Super Robot Taisen:Original Generation for the GBA(brand new and unopened).

Sparky

i opened a can of new-school and bought a PS3 :)

all hooked up & running and the fun is about to begin...I ended up buying a 80gig not backwards compatible, but hell i could not wait to find one... If anyone is looking for one this code on the box CECHE01...is an 80gig that is backward compatible... next to impossibe to still find on the shelves here in Canada!!! maybe i gave up to quick :P

look me up on the PS3... SPARK-U

nectarsis

jboypacman

Turbo D

Excellent haul! 8) I wish I owned all of those! Next year I will attend this legendary MWGC. I know I've been procrastinating about it for the past 2 years though, lol!
IMG IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Fighter's History Dynamite, my first Neo Geo game in 5 years
IMG

jboypacman

Today i got Princess Minerva for the PCE from Wolfgames and on a local trade i scored a Dreamcast w/VMU and Sonic Adventure and Williams Arcade Collection Vol.1.

Along with a factory sealed copy of Defender for the Atari 2600. :D

TR0N

Tekken 5 Collectors Edition Joystick:I did need another joystick for 2p on the PS2.
IMG
Here is just a bunch of famicom games and one pce title  :mrgreen:
IMG
IMG

albinoMithos

Quote from: TR0N on 03/25/2009, 11:39 PMTekken 5 Collectors Edition Joystick:I did need another joystick for 2p on the PS2.
IMG
IMG
While it's not a bad stick I'd say mod it.  The stick is too loose for it's own good if you're playing a fighting game.  Half of the time I feel like I'm trying harder than I need to when I'm doing dragon punch motions or tiger knees.  I mean it's something you can get used to but why bother?  If you can I'd say at the very least put a Sanwa JLF type stick in it or an Sanwa GT-Y octagon restrictor plate in it.  It'll do wonders for that stick.

TR0N

Quote from: Mithos on 03/26/2009, 03:08 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 03/25/2009, 11:39 PMTekken 5 Collectors Edition Joystick:I did need another joystick for 2p on the PS2.
IMG
IMG
While it's not a bad stick I'd say mod it.  The stick is too loose for it's own good if you're playing a fighting game.  Half of the time I feel like I'm trying harder than I need to when I'm doing dragon punch motions or tiger knees.  I mean it's something you can get used to but why bother?  If you can I'd say at the very least put a Sanwa JLF type stick in it or an Sanwa GT-Y octagon restrictor plate in it.  It'll do wonders for that stick. 
I know it is too loose i gave it a try on,SF3 thirdstrike.Doing a circle motion on it didn't all ways come off right for the special moves.Later on i would like have it modded so it is useful to use.The reason i bought the joystick becuase it sure was cheaper then...buying a hori real pro arcade joystick.
IMG

jboypacman

More wheeling and dealing today and i picked up the following.....

Grey GameBoy SP w/Namco Museum all loose

AMF Pinbusters,Dream Pinball 3D and Ultimate Shooting Collection for the Nintendo Wii

Turbo D

I scored this bad-boy on ebay for $25 shipped!

IMG

8)
IMG IMG
IMG

jboypacman

My good buddy Nectarsis hooked me up with a copy of Arunamu No Kiba for the PCE which just arrived in the mail today.

Thanks Nec. :D

Tatsujin

/pcehaul20090329.jpg
kabuki den tengai makyou mook complete :)
gayvan
image fight (sealed)

/haul20090329.jpg
/outrunost.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

kabuki den tengai makyou mook complete SOOOOOOOOOOO want ;)

jboypacman

In the mail today from RisingStuff.Com a few PC Engine items........

6 button Ave. pad
Turbo Tap
Shinobi
Pariodus Da!
Batman
Legendary Ax II
L-Dis

Arkhan Asylum

I got stuff too...

Pia Carrot
Brandish
Puyo Pop CD
Linkle Liver Story
Asuka 120%
Advanced VG

Evangelion (saturn)
Slayers (Saturn)

a few other things....

yay birthday!

:-D
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jboypacman

Legend of the Monkey King and Heavenly Guardian for the Nintendo Wii(Birthday Gifts from the Wife).

From my good buddy Sparky......

Monster Maker,Beri Beri Densetsu,OutLive and Far East of Eden-Fun Kabuki Den

CrackTiger

I managed to find this stuff locally-

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ninja Spirit

Being a little timid of fixing my Duo-R controller port (and in need of a new AV cable for it), I've been giving attention to my Famicom AV
IMG
Deep Dungeon III, the infamous "Atlantis no Nazo", Cosmic Wars ("Gradius Tactics" as far as I'm concerned) and Dragon Buster II

Sparky

well today and the past week i have been snagging goodies...

TG16... a minty manual of Legend of Hero Tonma from Sinstron!!! thanks a lot man, me so likey!!! :)

Saturn... Panzer Dragoon II Zwel (jp) & House of the Dead (jp) from Rising Stuff... these guys are so good to deal with  =D&gt;

PS3... Resistance: Fall of Man, Ridge Racer 7 (which has a mini game of Xevious at the beginning!!! thats right ceti :) )
Star Wars Lego: The complete Saga, Fracture, Flower, Bionic Commando & The Last Guy

PS2... Kinetic with eye toy (to tone my body so i can give tighter hugs)

PS1... Pong, Apocalypse, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Romance VI & Worms Armageddon

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..