@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

IMG

kamiboy

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 05/03/2012, 03:31 PMFunny you bring those up as I managed to acquire both an Amiga 500 and an AES within the past few months. I'm still hoping to pick up an X68k sometime this year as I already have a game for it (Geograph Seal) but I'm still a long way off from affording one.
The worst part of the AES is that while the hardware is quite expensive the library actually  dwarf it in terms of price. I had delusions of one day getting the AES just for the privilege  of playing the Metal Slug games as they were meant to be played. Then I saw the prices and that was that.

liquitek

Quote from: kamiboy on 05/04/2012, 09:44 AM
Quote from: ApolloBoy on 05/03/2012, 03:31 PMFunny you bring those up as I managed to acquire both an Amiga 500 and an AES within the past few months. I'm still hoping to pick up an X68k sometime this year as I already have a game for it (Geograph Seal) but I'm still a long way off from affording one.
The worst part of the AES is that while the hardware is quite expensive the library actually  dwarf it in terms of price. I had delusions of one day getting the AES just for the privilege  of playing the Metal Slug games as they were meant to be played. Then I saw the prices and that was that.
Yeah ditto to the expense.  Maybe it's a mid-life crisis kinda purchase for me...  :mrgreen:.  Best I got now is an X-Arcade dual joystick setup to play the less authentic way.

Opethian

get a consolized MVS and you can still play the way they were meant to be played
IMG

Mathius

Very nice, Chany! I always wanted Eightman.

kamiboy

Quote from: Opethian on 05/04/2012, 10:51 AMget a consolized MVS and you can still play the way they were meant to be played
But the AES is so sexy!

chany60126

Quote from: Mathius on 05/04/2012, 11:11 AMVery nice, Chany! I always wanted Eightman.
Thanks! I'll make sure to bring it to the VGS. :)

jeffhlewis

I swapped out my MVS collection for AES last year and definitely don't regret it. Most of my favorite Neo-Geo games are of the early 90's variety (the ones I actually played in the arcade as a kid), and those games can be had pretty cheap. The most I've paid for a game was $110 for a mint copy of KOF '98. The second highest was $45 for Crossed Swords. It's really not that bad.

Once you get past about 1994 or so then you're really talking bucks - obviously the biggest culprit is the Metal Slug series. There's always the MVS-converter cart if you gotta have Metal Slug on your AES.

Tatsujin

dragoun of course :D

aightman kewl aswell :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Lilgrafx

Got these bad boys in the mail today, been wanting them for a while

Thanks Beamer for hooking me up with these for free!

IMG
https://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i421/andrewllawrence/DSCN0423.jpg

PunkCryborg

NecroPhile

Nice freebies, lil.  Screw the haters that say those games are horrible.

P.S. - Are you getting younger?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ji-L87

CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

VestCunt

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 03:03 PMGames can be installed and run from hard drives.  There are also ways to use a scsi to ide to compact flash setup though ive never messed with any of that stuff.  Deadite would know more as I beleive he said his system has a 40mb hard drive in it.
I took a dive into SCSI hell a couple years ago with an E-MU sampler from the mid-Nineties. I had dreams about using CF cards instead of Zip disks and it turned into a nightmare. Last I checked, SCSI to IDE adapters have become really expensive.
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

Yeah man you got the hookup, those competition DKC carts are really rare! I don't know much about the Star Fox not for resale carts though, is there something special about them too?

JapanTokei

Lol scsi to ide!  Now thats something from the early 90s!  I actually had one ISA card that provoded scsi out.  Never seem scsci to ide tho..

I am still running a scsi pci card to this day.  Love these old scsi drives. 

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 06:43 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/02/2012, 03:03 PMGames can be installed and run from hard drives.  There are also ways to use a scsi to ide to compact flash setup though ive never messed with any of that stuff.  Deadite would know more as I beleive he said his system has a 40mb hard drive in it.
I took a dive into SCSI hell a couple years ago with an E-MU sampler from the mid-Nineties. I had dreams about using CF cards instead of Zip disks and it turned into a nightmare. Last I checked, SCSI to IDE adapters have become really expensive.

BlueBMW

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/04/2012, 06:52 PMYeah man you got the hookup, those competition DKC carts are really rare! I don't know much about the Star Fox not for resale carts though, is there something special about them too?
:lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JapanTokei

Beamer is the one of the coolest dudes on this board for sure!  and he can fix anything too!  He sent me a Jackie Chan loosie a while back too :)

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 05/04/2012, 02:45 PMThanks Beamer for hooking me up with these for free!

TR0N

Quote from: kamiboy on 05/04/2012, 11:14 AM
Quote from: Opethian on 05/04/2012, 10:51 AMget a consolized MVS and you can still play the way they were meant to be played
But the AES is so sexy!
CMVS can look sexy to  :wink:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?157903
Beside aes is for flithy rich boys  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Lilgrafx

it was just a joke both those competition carts are worth several hundred a piece and there my brothers, didn't get him form beams :)

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 05/05/2012, 01:25 PMit was just a joke both those competition carts are worth several hundred a piece and there my brothers, didn't get him form beams :)
Lol!  Knowing Beamer, it wouldn't have surprised me to find out that he did send them to you for free.  His generosity knows no bounds.  8)

Bernie

I was thinking the same thing Dan.  Knowing B, he would just give them to someone.

JapanTokei

I just won an auction lot that contains the PCE RPG game RUIN.  been wanting to try it badly. 

also, anyone know how do I use this Koei 128k memory adapter thing?

/regius_88-img600x450-1335597528ze6vrm4834.jpg

will also be putting up the dups from this lot for trade/sale after I receive this.

bust3dstr8

Even if it was a joke...we all know Beamer is still the best.

...........and more goodies from France.  :lol:

/dsc02329mp.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Bernie

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/05/2012, 03:18 PMI just won an auction lot that contains the PCE RPG game RUIN.  been wanting to try it badly. 

/regius_88-img600x450-1335597528ze6vrm4834.jpg

will also be putting up the dups from this lot for trade/sale after I receive this.
That 128 is only compatible with certain games.  I believe its only a handful really.  Each game that can use it, has its own interface as well.

SuperDeadite

Sadly the original cotton disks are dead, but it's a still a pretty package.  Scorpius is the real score here hard as hell to find, one of the rarest on the system.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

IMG

Lilgrafx

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 03:39 PMNice freebies, lil.  Screw the haters that say those games are horrible.

Nah I just made a goofy face, Im 15 and don't think pulling a benjemin button

SamIAm

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/05/2012, 10:09 PMSadly the original cotton disks are dead, but it's a still a pretty package.
Very pretty. I'm a big Cotton fan. Nice work!

SMF

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 05/06/2012, 12:46 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 03:39 PMNice freebies, lil.  Screw the haters that say those games are horrible.

Nah I just made a goofy face, Im 15 and don't think pulling a benjemin button
DAM You mean theres someone young that has taste in video games lol. Awesome games tho i might add.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

munchiaz

Its been awhile since ive purchases some older games. Heres what i picked up today

IMG

Samurai Ghost

Back in the USA, so I traded some PCE stuff for my friend's spare TG-16 setup. Sweet!!

IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: JapanTokei on 05/05/2012, 03:18 PMI just won an auction lot that contains the PCE RPG game RUIN.  been wanting to try it badly. 

Nice boxed save-kun!!

To use it, make sure you install batteries, if required. Plug it directly into the controller port on your console, then plug your controller into the port on save-kun.

Pop in a compatible game, preferably something from KOEI like a nobunaga's ambition game. You will now be able to save your game through the in-game save menu.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/05/2012, 10:09 PMSadly the original cotton disks are dead, but it's a still a pretty package.  Scorpius is the real score here hard as hell to find, one of the rarest on the system.
Damn magnetic media.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperDeadite

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/07/2012, 07:13 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/05/2012, 10:09 PMSadly the original cotton disks are dead, but it's a still a pretty package.  Scorpius is the real score here hard as hell to find, one of the rarest on the system.
Damn magnetic media.
Actually in this case that's not the issue.  The data is still there and the game does boot.  The issue is that this game was not properly cared for, and the disks are covered with mold making the disks unreadable.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/07/2012, 07:20 AMActually in this case that's not the issue.  The data is still there and the game does boot.  The issue is that this game was not properly cared for, and the disks are covered with mold making the disks unreadable.
Ewww
--DragonmasterDan

rag-time4

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/07/2012, 07:20 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/07/2012, 07:13 AM
Damn magnetic media.
Actually in this case that's not the issue.  The data is still there and the game does boot.  The issue is that this game was not properly cared for, and the disks are covered with mold making the disks unreadable.
Wow i'll have to consider keeping my floppies in the fridge from now on!

Nando

kamiboy

Quote from: TR0N on 05/05/2012, 05:53 AMCMVS can look sexy to  :wink:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?157903
Beside aes is for flithy rich boys  :P
That consolized stuff is contrary to how I am wired so it is a no to that. But this whole talk did net me knowledge about the a certain expensive MVS to AES converter though. Looks like I might realistically be able to get me a mint boxed NEO GEO AES + the MVS Coverter II (because the new one comes in the ugliest blue I have ever seen) and the entire Slug Series in AES form + Shockboxes + nice covers for little over a grand.

I think my next goal is set.

Bernie

Wow did I get a surprise today!!

/460307_3165938503744_1123836233_32277440_1269637489_o.jpg

This package came in from Dlite, and he added that Neo Geo Pocket to it, along with some games.  Never seen one of these except in pictures, so I am excited to get it.  This set basically completes my USA game set for the Turbo.  I say complete meaning, what I want.  Still have quite a few pc engine games I'd like to get in time.  Anyway, I am off to fire this handheld up.  Gotta see what it looks like!

Nando

Quote from: Bernie on 05/07/2012, 11:37 AMWow did I get a surprise today!!

This package came in from Dlite, and he added that Neo Geo Pocket to it, along with some games.  Never seen one of these except in pictures, so I am excited to get it.  This set basically completes my USA game set for the Turbo.  I say complete meaning, what I want.  Still have quite a few pc engine games I'd like to get in time.  Anyway, I am off to fire this handheld up.  Gotta see what it looks like!
FREAKING NICE! post pics and reviews please.  Oh and HANA TAAKA FTW!

SMF

Quote from: Nando on 05/07/2012, 11:39 AM

FREAKING NICE! post pics and reviews please.  Oh and HANA TAAKA FTW!
DAM those are nice. Ive always wanted to get a Neo Geo Pocket
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 05/07/2012, 11:37 AMThis package came in from Dlite....
Ha!  Maybe I'll get a list of what's available from him some day.... it's almost the one year anniversary!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

Wow, what a haul!  Congrats.  If you ever decide that Splash Lake isn't your thing, let me know. :D

JapanTokei

wow Bernie- that looks freaking sweet.  dlite totally hooked you up!

JapanTokei

hey NecroPhile - I need your addy so I can ship the Bazzy bundle!  pm me back

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2012, 02:51 PMWow, what a haul!  Congrats.  If you ever decide that Splash Lake isn't your thing, let me know. :D
Quote from: guest on 05/07/2012, 01:16 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 05/07/2012, 11:37 AMThis package came in from Dlite....
Ha!  Maybe I'll get a list of what's available from him some day.... it's almost the one year anniversary!
wow Bernie- that looks freaking sweet.  dlite totally hooked you up!

1980-20..

/7154103455_1f0b8e3b70_z.jpg

Picked up a pce bundle.

and some neo geo stuff that arrived a while ago but got unboxed today.

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 05/07/2012, 06:02 PM/7154103455_1f0b8e3b70_z.jpg

Picked up a pce bundle.
Man, I sure love the cover of Nectaris.

Lilgrafx

Bought some weed (page 420 hee hee)

BlueBMW

Got another few X68000s in today on the slow boat.  Got real lucky in that one of them fired right up with few issues!

/Gradius68k.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc