The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

cr8zykuban0

esteban

I have no idea what this thread is about.

THANK GOD.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Opethian on 04/05/2015, 06:12 PMI don't feel bad for said people
I love 'em.  The more they blow on amiibos the less they have to spend outbidding me on games.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: esteban on 04/06/2015, 11:47 AMI have no idea what this thread is about.

THANK GOD.
gaming pickups? nonetheless, i picked these up last week from retro city games. jj and jeff and ps2 were box only. the 2 nes games are complete and mint. sorry for the blurry pic
IMG

also got 2 replacement balls for my neo geo aes sticks. love how they look
IMG

esteban

Wow. I forgot what the box for Tiger Heli NES looked like. I played the heck out of that game. I will always love it. Not a perfect game, but awesome.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/06/2015, 01:55 PM
Quote from: esteban on 04/06/2015, 11:47 AMalso got 2 replacement balls for my neo geo aes sticks. love how they look
IMG
This reminds me I need to do the same. Granted it is still playable just has cracks on the ball.

I also would like to buy an extra AES controlor eventually as well as two CD Neo geo controlors.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: esteban on 04/06/2015, 01:57 PMWow. I forgot what the box for Tiger Heli NES looked like. I played the heck out of that game. I will always love it. Not a perfect game, but awesome.
the box looks pretty nice. i cant wait to try this game out.

@medic luckily the ball is easy to replace. i also need to buy another cd pad. you can never have too many neo geo controllers!

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 04/06/2015, 01:57 PMWow. I forgot what the box for Tiger Heli NES looked like. I played the heck out of that game. I will always love it. Not a perfect game, but awesome.
I remember the day that my dad brought me home Bad Dudes and Tiger Heli from a friend at his work. Average ports but I still played the hell out of them.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/06/2015, 12:28 AMi see where you're coming from but i didnt really pay scalper prices for these.
Any time you pay over retail on something that just came out, you are paying scalper prices.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/06/2015, 03:56 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/06/2015, 12:28 AMi see where you're coming from but i didnt really pay scalper prices for these.
Any time you pay over retail on something that just came out, you are paying scalper prices.
well i only paid around 16.60 each figure, which isnt bad compared to 40-50 dollars that people in my area are asking for golden mario alone. although, it is a bit over retail, i'm happy with the purchase

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-04-06 BEEP! MegaDrive Best Selection CD by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I had picked this up on a whim on a Yahoo Auction since I like getting random audio CDs from Japan and I'd never seen this one before. 

Featured game music is Shinobi, Vermillion, Phantasy Star II, Super Monaco GP, After Burner II, Golden Axe, Assault Suit Leynos, Coumns, and Tatsujin with 26 total tracks. Pretty solid listening, sounds like they were recorded directly from some decent hardware.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

vmorr

/2cntrab.jpg

Picked these up over the weekend decently cheap. Also realized both of my Game Gears have shat the bed and need new caps.

VenomMacbeth

I've been regrettably broke here recently, but I just couldn't pass up this sexy lady for $10.

IMG

The articulation leaves much to be desired, but I'm spoiled by Figmas & Revoltechs, and this is much more affordable & toy-like.  The plastic's even got that rubbery feel the old Star Wars figures had.  I just wish if they were gonna use the Prime model, they would have used Prime colors instead of the Super Metroid deco.

Now if only I can find the 6" Metroid, now...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

wildfruit

esadajr

Now I have the room for it, I got one of these:

/IMG_20150409_195159.jpg

S-Video and Component inputs and even Composite outputs, couldn't be happier.
Gaming since 1985

richc

Got these recently, happy to have download again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428761768.619059.jpg

in99flames

Just got a new sealed copy of river city ransom for NES and a new sealed copy of victory run!
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

MNKyDeth

Well, ever since my fiance and I have dug out my Duo we have mostly been using my HTPC and an emulator until I recap my Duo. But it has reignited the fire in me for my Duo and it's games.

I figured I would try and grab some more games for when my Duo is back up to snuff. I am or was but still think I am a huge old school RPG'er. So Exile was on the top of my list and I was fortunate enough to see that a member on this forum had it for sale. Also, I have never played R-Type.... I know I know wtf right. So I also grabbed this game.

In the end I nabbed Dragon Spirit, Vigilante, Sidearms, Ordyne, It Came from the Desert, plus the two games mentioned above. I also grabbed Military Madness, Champion boxing, tv sports hockey and Shockman.

I may have went a little overboard.... But if my fiance enjoys the games and wants to keep playing them like I do then the Duo is an amazing device by actually helping my relationship. :D

technozombie

First time in a while that I bought anything. I'm pleased.

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 04/11/2015, 03:31 PMWell, ever since my fiance and I have dug out my Duo we have mostly been using my HTPC and an emulator until I recap my Duo. But it has reignited the fire in me for my Duo and it's games.

I figured I would try and grab some more games for when my Duo is back up to snuff. I am or was but still think I am a huge old school RPG'er. So Exile was on the top of my list and I was fortunate enough to see that a member on this forum had it for sale. Also, I have never played R-Type.... I know I know wtf right. So I also grabbed this game.

In the end I nabbed Dragon Spirit, Vigilante, Sidearms, Ordyne, It Came from the Desert, plus the two games mentioned above. I also grabbed Military Madness, Champion boxing, tv sports hockey and Shockman.

I may have went a little overboard.... But if my fiance enjoys the games and wants to keep playing them like I do then the Duo is an amazing device by actually helping my relationship. :D
Exile is one of my recently-discovered favorites. :) The only thing I don't care for is the grinding, but that has more to do with my lack of skill & patience.  Have you played the game before?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Strontium Dog

Twin Fami. Arrived today from Fukuoka. Needs a good clean but other than that it's in pretty good shape.
 Will have to check the drive belt later to see how much has melted away  :D

IMG

MNKyDeth

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/11/2015, 04:46 PMExile is one of my recently-discovered favorites. :) The only thing I don't care for is the grinding, but that has more to do with my lack of skill & patience.  Have you played the game before?
Well, I have Exile: Wicked Phenomenon, original owner since it was released. So I hope the first Exile is similar.
I always meant to buy Exile but at the time I was still in high school and any games I got my dad bought. Usually any games I wanted that my dad didn't want to buy I would try and save everything I could to buy them. So at the time I remember buying the second Exile, Dragon Slayer, Dungeon Explorer 2 and Dungeon Master.

I used to swap between the sega cd and Duo as I really enjoyed both cd consoles although the difference is I beat nearly all of my TurboGrafx games. I only ever beat Silpheed, Sol Feace, Lunar: Silver star, Vay, streets of rage on the sega cd. There were prolly others but those are the only ones I remember.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 04/11/2015, 05:16 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/11/2015, 04:46 PMExile is one of my recently-discovered favorites. :) The only thing I don't care for is the grinding, but that has more to do with my lack of skill & patience.  Have you played the game before?
Well, I have Exile: Wicked Phenomenon, original owner since it was released. So I hope the first Exile is similar.
I always meant to buy Exile but at the time I was still in high school and any games I got my dad bought. Usually any games I wanted that my dad didn't want to buy I would try and save everything I could to buy them. So at the time I remember buying the second Exile, Dragon Slayer, Dungeon Explorer 2 and Dungeon Master.

I used to swap between the sega cd and Duo as I really enjoyed both cd consoles although the difference is I beat nearly all of my TurboGrafx games. I only ever beat Silpheed, Sol Feace, Lunar: Silver star, Vay, streets of rage on the sega cd. There were prolly others but those are the only ones I remember.
Wow, so you started with the "bad" one...lol

If you liked that, though, I'm sure you'll really like the first one.  The story is more cohesive & the difficulty is (somewhat regrettably) on the opposite end of the scale, provided you grind your ass off.

It seems like you lucked out & got a lot of the more expensive games when they were new & not scalper-gouged all to hell. :)
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

MNKyDeth

Yeah, I do consider myself partially lucky that I did get most of the RPG's although there are still two out there I want... Dragon's Curse and Monster Lair. They both are still under $100 so I really need to decide soon if I really want them before they go above that magic line for me.

xcrement5x

Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 03:57 PMFirst time in a while that I bought anything. I'm pleased.IMG
Sega LOVE!

It's weird how the US box art is a censored version of the arcade flyer, but personally I like the Mega Drive art better.

IMG
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2015, 09:44 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 03:57 PMFirst time in a while that I bought anything. I'm pleased.IMG
Sega LOVE!

It's weird how the US box art is a censored version of the arcade flyer, but personally I like the Mega Drive art better.

IMG
Drool me too

Might have to pick up a MD copy just for that box art.

VenomMacbeth

I believe the MD version might actually be cheaper. It was when I got it.  Awesome game :3
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/11/2015, 10:39 PMI believe the MD version might actually be cheaper. It was when I got it.  Awesome game :3
I had picked up a loose NA copy a few months back from a retro shop for. I want to say $14 bucks. I would like a CIB copy and probably should just stop buying loose Genesis games.

But CIB Genesis and SMS games are just getting harder to find and starting to go for a bit more of a premium. Sigh.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/11/2015, 10:45 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/11/2015, 10:39 PMI believe the MD version might actually be cheaper. It was when I got it.  Awesome game :3
I had picked up a loose NA copy a few months back from a retro shop for. I want to say $14 bucks. I would like a CIB copy and probably should just stop buying loose Genesis games.

But CIB Genesis and SMS games are just getting harder to find and starting to go for a bit more of a premium. Sigh.
Sad face! :( I think that's how much I payed for my cibbler MD copy!  It was from japangamestock.com.  I went & checked and they've got one for 2000 yens with "jacket fade".

You're right though.  This hobby is getting shitty -.-
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

technozombie

Yeah that MD boxart is nice. I had a good day today I even picked up a few vinyl records.

sirhcman

Picked up a few games I had been searching for (sports titles no less!). I will probably sell the Dusty Diamond box since I don't collect NES cardboard

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 11:27 PMYeah that MD boxart is nice. I had a good day today I even picked up a few vinyl records.
What albums? :)
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/12/2015, 11:42 AM
Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 11:27 PMYeah that MD boxart is nice. I had a good day today I even picked up a few vinyl records.
What albums? :)
INXS
The Weavers

technozombie

I was very surprised to find "the church"

IMG

Medic_wheat

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 03:57 PMFirst time in a while that I bought anything. I'm pleased.

IMG
nice finds. onimusha 3 is a great game. love how you can travel back and forward in time.

DragonmasterDan

I went to the Midwest gaming classic. I left a few things out of this picture like some early third party playstation controllers and a NES homebrew cart I bought but here were the better pick-ups.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

technozombie

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/12/2015, 02:37 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 04/11/2015, 03:57 PMFirst time in a while that I bought anything. I'm pleased.

IMG
nice finds. onimusha 3 is a great game. love how you can travel back and forward in time.
I remember wanting to play it when it came out but I didn't get the chance. When I saw it for $3 complete, I couldn't say no.

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/12/2015, 03:30 PMI went to the Midwest gaming classic. I left a few things out of this picture like some early third party playstation controllers and a NES homebrew cart I bought but here were the better pick-ups.

IMG
Nice goodies there too.  How does that NiGHTS game play?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2015, 03:09 PMNice goodies there too.  How does that NiGHTS game play?
It's quite a bit more complicated than earlier Tiger Electronics handheld games I played as a kid. But still lousy.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/13/2015, 04:56 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/13/2015, 03:09 PMNice goodies there too.  How does that NiGHTS game play?
It's quite a bit more complicated than earlier Tiger Electronics handheld games I played as a kid. But still lousy.
Lousy is the only way to describe it.

No, of course I never played NiGHTS handheld—who even knew it existed?!

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-04-13 Popful Mail Pencilboard & Flyer by xcrement5x, on Flickr

My slowboat arrived today and I was happy to finally get my mitts on these Popful Mail goodies I had purchased.  On the left is a flyer that looks like a Sega Newsletter that had been put out with a bunch of Popful Mail info, even talking about the planned OVA a bit from what I can make out.

Then there is the pencilboard which is a cool collage of a lot of the main Popful characters on one side.  The flip side of it is the same image as the I've got on another clearfile.  Mail and Tatto walking down a road. 

Finally, I just threw in the picture a promo Ghost in the Shell Fan that I also got.  It looks like it was given away to promote the PSX game and has Fuchikoma on it.  Kind of goofy but still neat. 

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 04/13/2015, 05:37 PMLousy is the only way to describe it.

It has a very garbled sped up terrible sounding version of "Dreams Dreams" from the Saturn game's soundtrack at the start too.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/13/2015, 07:19 PM
Quote from: esteban on 04/13/2015, 05:37 PMLousy is the only way to describe it.

It has a very garbled sped up terrible sounding version of "Dreams Dreams" from the Saturn game's soundtrack at the start too.
I simultaneously want to praise their lofty ambitions and condemn the sheer insanity of attempting to do that with a piezo speaker (or whatever was in those Tiger handhelds).

sirhcman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/13/2015, 07:19 PMIt has a very garbled sped up terrible sounding version of "Dreams Dreams" from the Saturn game's soundtrack at the start too.
Dan can you do a video on it?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2015, 08:31 PMDan can you do a video on it?
Can I ? yes.

And I have an idea for an angle with the video. But I also suck at modern video editing. So it may be a little while before I post it.
--DragonmasterDan

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: technozombie on 04/12/2015, 03:30 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/12/2015, 02:37 PM
I remember wanting to play it when it came out but I didn't get the chance. When I saw it for $3 complete, I couldn't say no.
damn, only 3 bucks! so worth it! it's a pretty long game!

Digi.k

in the post today

/abfed91ce1403e5ccb4c5170f4fdc79b.jpg

Medic_wheat

Because you know Avengers 2 is coming out

IMG