OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/19/2017, 06:36 PMToday's mail brought in an IFU and a couple games (Spriggan, Nexzr) from Black Tiger.
Whoops, forgot to mention that Valis III and Final Soldier came last week courtesy of tg16manaic. It was literally the final Soldier game I needed to finish my Soldier collection (at least, all that I want in that series, so no Star Parodier and definitely no N64 and later games).

TR0N

IMG
Record of the Lodoss War box set is out now. You get the ova on bluray and the TV series on dvd.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

o.pwuaioc

Crusader of Centy? How much did that set you back? I've been wanting it for a long time, but the price has kept me at bay.

Gypsy

I wish they had just released the oav on bd. Maybe they needed to include the dvds and release at this higher price point for the release to be more viable but meh I already have both on dvd. Hell just release both on bd separately. Then I don't have to buy Heroic Knight again just to get what I actually want.  :-#

Digi.k

just got back from a gaming fair in central london.  was 50/50 going as I hate travelling there in weekends and then having to deal with crowds but picked these up..

IMG

anyway pics of the computer fair.  Prices were similar to UK ebays so a bit pricey.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2017, 06:15 AMCrusader of Centy? How much did that set you back? I've been wanting it for a long time, but the price has kept me at bay.
It's a reproduction,i don't see myself ever buying a original since it goes for $300.00 now.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/23/2017, 11:08 AMIMG
I'll take a quart of almond milk, a sack of habañero chips, and a VIDEOPAC, thanks.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

in99flames

I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

bob

/games/Dscn5287.jpg

Savers thrift finds.  Luigi Mansion was a good deal at $2.99, but no manual.

crazydean

Quote from: bob on 07/24/2017, 10:58 AM/games/Dscn5287.jpg

Savers thrift finds.  Luigi Mansion was a good deal at $2.99, but no manual.
Luigi's Mansion is an awesome game. That all-in-one looks promising....

NecroPhile

Some much stuff, digi!  That looks fun to browse.... at least until I realize there's no PCE.

That's when the tears start.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Luigi's Mansion is weird.

Jungle Book BD/DVD $2
Might and Magic VI strategy guide 30 cents

Both new sealed from Amazon from a Secret Santa in July thing
Lupin the Third Complete First Series
Grave of the Fireflies

TR0N

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/23/2017, 08:35 AMI wish they had just released the oav on bd. Maybe they needed to include the dvds and release at this higher price point for the release to be more viable but meh I already have both on dvd. Hell just release both on bd separately. Then I don't have to buy Heroic Knight again just to get what I actually want.  :-#
That's all i wanted was the ova since i all ready have the tv series on dvd. Though the tv series never had a release on bluray in japan,so dvd only. At least this box set did come to NA finally,media blasters was suppose to but they drop it and funimation pick it up instead.Also picture for the ova does look really good on bluray.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: TR0N on 07/25/2017, 03:54 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 07/23/2017, 08:35 AMI wish they had just released the oav on bd. Maybe they needed to include the dvds and release at this higher price point for the release to be more viable but meh I already have both on dvd. Hell just release both on bd separately. Then I don't have to buy Heroic Knight again just to get what I actually want.  :-#
That's all i wanted was the ova since i all ready have the tv series on dvd. Though the tv series never had a release on bluray in japan,so dvd only. At least this box set did come to NA finally,media blasters was suppose to but they drop it and funimation pick it up instead. Also picture for the ova does look really good on bluray.
I agree, my wife had gotten it and we were watching it recently and the animation looks amazing.  Only thing that's weird is sometimes it looks like a slideshow on the new TV (when they do those epic pans of a single image), I think it has to do with the refresh rate or something.

Gypsy

Quote from: TR0N on 07/25/2017, 03:54 AM
That's all i wanted was the ova since i all ready have the tv series on dvd. Though the tv series never had a release on bluray in japan,so dvd only. At least this box set did come to NA finally,media blasters was suppose to but they drop it and funimation pick it up instead. Also picture for the ova does look really good on bluray.
Good to hear that it's at least a solid BD release. I really like the animation in the OAV so I will pick this up at some point, but I'll wait for a sale/discount.

One thing I am getting right away is the Marmalade Boy rerelease from Discotek.

I also have some anime sets coming in from Australia. The show is called Nana and it really caught my attention after looking into it. Thank goodness for region free dvd players because no way was I giving into: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nana-Box-Sets-Anime-Complete-1-4-/253049134224?hash=item3aeae75c90:g:OgIAAOSw4ERZbBJB

nectarsis

1st OBEY arrived in awhile, and solid prices from the seller to boot   :dance: :dance:

/zpstqniintj.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

PCE games
Terraforming
Star Parodier

360 OEM VGA cable

GBA SP 101 Pink w/ about 10 random GBC/GBA/DS/3DS games. As well as Star Ocean 4 360 (this is a double if anyone is interested) and a manga.

PCE games were from our very own 780racer.

Vintage Stock was doing their B1G1 ($25 or less) coupon deal so I stopped in.

Bought Saber Marionette J (Legend brick set) and Devil Hunter Yohko Collection (2008 release). Also grabbed an NES power supply for cheap that was immediately sold to another game store. All told I spent $10 on those two sets, very solid deal.

NecroPhile

I snagged a copy of Champions Forever Boxing.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Had Thousand Arms arrive today. Hoping to do a quick playthrough over the weekend and then I'll be moving on from it. Don't really care to have many PS1 games lying around.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/04/2017, 11:39 AMHad Thousand Arms arrive today. Hoping to do a quick playthrough over the weekend and then I'll be moving on from it. Don't really care to have many PS1 games lying around.
Heh, 19 years later and still very few games with dating sim elements have made their way to the US. Thousand Arms has nice art, but isn't exactly a thrill to play.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/05/2017, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 08/04/2017, 11:39 AMHad Thousand Arms arrive today. Hoping to do a quick playthrough over the weekend and then I'll be moving on from it. Don't really care to have many PS1 games lying around.
Heh, 19 years later and still very few games with dating sim elements have made their way to the US. Thousand Arms has nice art, but isn't exactly a thrill to play.
But that opening is awesome.

Digi.k

Digi.k

These just arrived too.  pc engine game guides

i.imgur.com/6mv1zW9.jpg?2
i.imgur.com/O6XG7gS.jpg?1

IMG

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

That Lodoss cover is hawt.   I've been meaning to grab the Mega-CD mook for that at some point myself. 

Gypsy

Today's arrivals
.Hack//Root anime series
Yet another Macross single (need the first to come in so I can start already, been awhile since I've seen it)
Sands of Destruction
Infinite Space (EU copy)
Luminous Arc 1 and 2
Tales of the World PSP

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2017, 08:22 AMThese just arrived too.  pc engine game guides
IMG
Damn! Share any neat stories or trivia that might be in there!

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

schweaty

i dont post in this thread often, but i thought this was a pretty neat find.

IMG

wildfruit

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: schweaty on 08/15/2017, 03:53 PMi dont post in this thread often, but i thought this was a pretty neat find.
IMG
I love that movie, that's a great LD to have.
--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/17/2017, 04:18 PMI love that movie, that's a great LD to have.
I played it that night.  One of cleanest and best playing LDs I've ever had.  Probably played once and put away.

Gypsy

Discotek put out a dvd of that.

Speaking of which I got their BD of Castle of Cagliostro and it's great, no complaints. My dvd will now be retired.

Got some cool stuff in from a trade today. Full Metal Panic first series BD (sadly an upscale), My Neighbour Totoro BD/DVD (filling out my Ghibli wants), El Hazard the Wanderers TV DVD, Samurai Girls BD and a couple of figures. Figure boxes are so unruly.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/17/2017, 05:48 PMDiscotek put out a dvd of that.

Speaking of which I got their BD of Castle of Cagliostro and it's great, no complaints. My dvd will now be retired.
Yeah, that Cagliostro Bluray is great. The one Disney put on the Miyazaki box set is quite a bit worse
--DragonmasterDan

Emerald Rocker

Robot Carnival was pretty neat.  I'm glad that Discotek has entered the business... they're releasing a lot of the older/niche stuff that I remember watching back in the '90s.  The Fatal Fury movie Blu-Ray is really sharp!
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

bartre

Just got back from AZ, did some local shopping and came up with:
PSX
--------
Final Fantasy VII (double, anyone need it?)
Gran Turismo 2
Syphon Filter 2
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen
Project Horned Owl

Wii U
-----------------
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xbox
----------------
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Total Overdose
Red Ninja End of Honor
Legacy of Kain Defiance
Hulk

think I did okay while I was there ^_^

Gypsy

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/20/2017, 10:15 PMRobot Carnival was pretty neat.  I'm glad that Discotek has entered the business... they're releasing a lot of the older/niche stuff that I remember watching back in the '90s.  The Fatal Fury movie Blu-Ray is really sharp!
Yeah they've release a lot of old mecha and Lupin stuff that was never even previously released in the US. Good times.

jtucci31

Quote from: bartre on 08/21/2017, 12:49 AMJust got back from AZ, did some local shopping and came up with:
PSX
--------
Final Fantasy VII (double, anyone need it?)
Yes!!

I beat it on the Vita, would maybe like to own a real copy.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/21/2017, 08:35 AM
Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/20/2017, 10:15 PMRobot Carnival was pretty neat.  I'm glad that Discotek has entered the business... they're releasing a lot of the older/niche stuff that I remember watching back in the '90s.  The Fatal Fury movie Blu-Ray is really sharp!
Yeah they've release a lot of old mecha and Lupin stuff that was never even previously released in the US. Good times.
And modern waifu crap too. They put out the Sega Hard Girls anime which honestly I never expected to see domestically. 

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/21/2017, 08:35 AMYeah they've release a lot of old mecha and Lupin stuff that was never even previously released in the US. Good times.
I have a lot of Discotek releases, mostly 90s or older stuff too.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2017, 11:41 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 08/21/2017, 08:35 AM
And modern waifu crap too. They put out the Sega Hard Girls anime which honestly I never expected to see domestically.
I'll admit, I had no idea lol.

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/22/2017, 08:02 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 08/21/2017, 08:35 AMYeah they've release a lot of old mecha and Lupin stuff that was never even previously released in the US. Good times.
I have a lot of Discotek releases, mostly 90s or older stuff too.
I have a few. Most of their rereleases I'd want, I have the original release of. If I didn't though, I'd pick their releases just for shelf convenience. For example I have the old releases of stuff like GTO and Ronin Warriors which are in ridiculous digipaks especially Ronin Warriors. I would like to pick up more of Discotek's Lupin releases.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 08/22/2017, 08:48 AMI have a few. Most of their rereleases I'd want, I have the original release of. If I didn't though, I'd pick their releases just for shelf convenience. For example I have the old releases of stuff like GTO and Ronin Warriors which are in ridiculous digipaks especially Ronin Warriors. I would like to pick up more of Discotek's Lupin releases.
Heh, I have all their Lupin releases except for the budget version of the series 1 set.
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

some free/cheap nabs, and my second to last LRG order (hopefully)

/nectarsis/20170829_114556_zpsrtxh4akn.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 08/14/2017, 08:07 AMDamn! Share any neat stories or trivia that might be in there!

Thank you.
There's too much to translate for my little brain... plus there is a second interview with Falcom in there... I did take pics of the Hudson Interview if anyone is interested but on first glances it seems like they just asking about how smooth it went and when the pc engine port took place after the pc9801 release.

https://i.imgur.com/v305QcN.jpg
IMG

https://i.imgur.com/wW04vQy.jpg
IMG

https://i.imgur.com/i1pgERR.jpg
IMG

https://i.imgur.com/BiOCzjT.jpg
IMG

Been collecting more Tokimeki Memorial Stuff
IMG

and these
/B7ihWsG.jpg

Gypsy

Lol at Amazon. They sent me a used reseal of MS Gundam Blu set 1. At least they are good about exchanges. Other sets were proper at least. I guess they assume most people will just bend over and take it, but it's not what I paid for.

Digi.k

popped into a japanese grocery store today.. man japanese food stuff is expensive here.

Well I got the urge to make Takoyaki.. now need to buy some tako.

i.imgur.com/ggq6EtG.jpg?1

schnuth

I got hooked so bad on takoyaki while vacationing in Japan I bought an electric maker off eBay. :) I need to bust it out and get cooking!

Medic_wheat

I bought two sega cd things that are excidently expensive. Le sigh.

Once they come in the mail I'll post pictures.

If I can't. Figure out how to post pictures off Imgur

I also bought/pre-ordered someside show stuff. Dipping my b toe in it.

Let's see

Getting my fathers old Mobo Horse restored. Sandblasted painted and so forth. That might not be ready right away but they guy doing the work ensured it would be ready for Christmas. Plan on giving it to my son.

Also finally got a PS4 (gold) and a few games. Mostly all special definite HD collection type stuff. Just started gaining this week with it. Really enjoying it.

At the moment prepping for my wife's baby shower at the house.

So much cleaning and so forth.

Gypsy

Interested to know what the Feka CD bits are.

I got some really fun super famicom games in the mail today. Contra Spirits, Akumajo Densetsu, Rockman 7, Parodius Da, Super Mario World 4, Super Donkey Kong 1 and 2.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/09/2017, 07:18 PMInterested to know what the Feka CD bits are.

I got some really fun super famicom games in the mail today. Contra Spirits, Akumajo Densetsu, Rockman 7, Parodius Da, Super Mario World 4, Super Donkey Kong 1 and 2.
Parodius Da & Rockman 7 aside, any reason for SFC over SNES other than price?

Gypsy

Nope, just price. I got them all from the same person for a solid price. Been enjoying Contra and RM7 a lot.