@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Spreading the PCE love in Oceania:

Started by termis, 07/17/2008, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

termis

So I've landed today in Melbourne, Australia, and I'll be based out of here for the foreseeable future...

I don't recall a single member being out of Aus ever being on here (At least during my time), so it's time to spread the love.  =D> However, my system is still back in Canada, so that won't be happening for another 2-3 months...  :(

I guess the PCE never caught on in the land down under, even amongst the import-gaming crowd?  :?:

Turbo D

Thats cool news dude. I always wanted to travel to Australia!  8)

Quote from: termis on 07/17/2008, 07:09 AMI don't recall a single member being out of Aus ever being on here (At least during my time), so it's time to spread the love.  =D>
The dude who runs T2K moved down under a few months back, I'm not sure if that counts though.

Quote from: termis on 07/17/2008, 07:09 AMI guess the PCE never caught on in the land down under, even amongst the import-gaming crowd?  :?:
I think they stuck to Sega Master System down under. I remember buying Master games and joysticks from Australia through ebay.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

NFG, the guy who runs http://nfg.2y.net/, is from Australia from what I recall. I can't remember if he's ever posted here, but he's posted on other places and is a big PCE fan.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Enjoy the Foster's and kangaroos.  8)

I've bought a couple of TG-16 games on Ebay from Australian and New Zealand sellers, so there's at least a few Turbonauts down under.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

be sure to ask people about 'sea-guh' games. I hear they're popular over there.  :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

Awesome termis! There may not be huge PCE crowd down under (not that there's a huge PCE crowd in the maritimes hehe), but you'll have plenty of motocross action I'm sure.  :dance:

Glad to see you finally made it to Australia. From one Commonwealth nation to the next!  =D>
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

termis

Quote from: guyjin on 07/17/2008, 12:26 PMbe sure to ask people about 'sea-guh' games. I hear they're popular over there.  :mrgreen:
Funny, I was actually thinking about that the whole See-gah thing I was walking down the street yesterday.   :D

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2008, 10:23 AMEnjoy the Foster's and kangaroos.  8)
lol.  The locals here will shred you up if you refer to Fosters as being the definitive Aussie beer.  Fosters did a good job marketing itself as being "Austraahlee-an for Bee-ah", but no one in Aus actually drinks 'em (it's not even easy to find!).  Locals see it as an export beer that wasn't good enough for their own consumption.

I've only had Kangaroo in jerkey form, and it's actually kinda nasty.  :-&  I gotta give the fresh-cut meat a chance sometime.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/17/2008, 02:29 PMAwesome termis! There may not be huge PCE crowd down under (not that there's a huge PCE crowd in the maritimes hehe), but you'll have plenty of motocross action I'm sure.  :dance:
Yeah, I got here at the coldest time of the year, and it's 10°C/50°F-- I can live with that. (and people are all bundled up with scarves and gloves - ppffft!)  It put a big smile on my face to see riders riding around without problems at the coldest time of the year. :D  A disproportionate number of MotoGP & Superbike champs are Ozzies: I'm sure there's a link between the riding environment and their competition performance.  Ozzies should ride less and play more Turbo/PCE!  :wink:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: termis on 07/17/2008, 09:13 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 07/17/2008, 12:26 PMbe sure to ask people about 'sea-guh' games. I hear they're popular over there.  :mrgreen:
Funny, I was actually thinking about that the whole See-gah thing I was walking down the street yesterday.   :D

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2008, 10:23 AMEnjoy the Foster's and kangaroos.  8)
lol.  The locals here will shred you up if you refer to Fosters as being the definitive Aussie beer.  Fosters did a good job marketing itself as being "Austraahlee-an for Bee-ah", but no one in Aus actually drinks 'em (it's not even easy to find!).  Locals see it as an export beer that wasn't good enough for their own consumption.

I've only had Kangaroo in jerkey form, and it's actually kinda nasty.  :-&  I gotta give the fresh-cut meat a chance sometime.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/17/2008, 02:29 PMAwesome termis! There may not be huge PCE crowd down under (not that there's a huge PCE crowd in the maritimes hehe), but you'll have plenty of motocross action I'm sure.  :dance:
Yeah, I got here at the coldest time of the year, and it's 10°C/50°F-- I can live with that. (and people are all bundled up with scarves and gloves - ppffft!)  It put a big smile on my face to see riders riding around without problems at the coldest time of the year. :D  A disproportionate number of MotoGP & Superbike champs are Ozzies: I'm sure there's a link between the riding environment and their competition performance.  Ozzies should ride less and play more Turbo/PCE!  :wink:
lolmax @ "Ozzies"!!  :lol: :twisted:

Man, if the coldest it gets is 10C, you're laughin'.  8) Especially comin' out of Alberta. Sounds like you're in heaven right now termis.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"