10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Familiar music

Started by hoobs88, 09/25/2008, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

I recently picked up the Special Edition version of Dragonforce's new CD "Ultra Beatdown" and upon hearing the intro to track 10 "Scars of Yesterday", it sounded familiar as if it were from a video game (since they sometimes throw that kind of stuff into their songs). I think it might be from one of the first 3 Mega Man games. Can anyone confirm this or know where it is from?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ratix

how about a link to the song in question? :P
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

sounds kinda like Needleman's level.

or maybe not.

But It is definitely familiar.

actually, It sounds like Chun Li's music from SF2

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

Heatman's stage from megaman 2? Well at least the beginning, lol! Its inspired by many games, heh.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

hoobs88

Thanks for posting the link and helping me to determine where the music is from. I'm gonna have to play Mega man 2 again soon.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns