OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

USA Parasol Stars - Does it save or not?

Started by dhowerter, 09/25/2008, 01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowerter

Hi :) Quick question: Does the USA chip Parasol Stars save (on internal CD system memory or a Turbo Booster Plus)?

Someone linked me to a gamesave FAQ (on turbo.mindrec.com) which said that PS didn't save at ALL, but then I found some threads that mentioned it DOES have a save feature -_-

SO which is it?  :D (oh and if it does save, does it save actual game progress?)

Finally, is there a FAQ/list/forum post /whatever that lists which games REALLY have save features? ;) (if the one I mentioned is inaccurate)

nat

It saves information about how many times you've played, high score table, etc. It does not save game progress.

dhowerter

Quote from: nat on 09/25/2008, 01:56 AMIt saves information about how many times you've played, high score table, etc. It does not save game progress.
Ah ok. Out of curiosity, why would it save how many times you have played? Does it unlock something in the game if you play it a certain number of times? ;)

nat

Yes, although I think it's largely unknown what these things are.

I do know certain items only appear after you've played a certain number of times and you've met certain other criteria; all of which the game keeps track of in the save file.

OldRover

It saves a tremendous amount of information. Just look at the save game file size. :D Many, many variables are kept track of, such as how many enemies you've killed, how many bubbles you've bounced on or shot, even how many times you fell through the floor. Every special item in the game appears based on this variable set. No one's tried to decipher which items belong to which variable yet though.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

dhowerter

The Old Rover / ALL -

Yikes ;) SO 2 questions come to mind here:

1. How big is the save file for Parasol Stars? (# of save units)

2. I think I remember someone talking about some kind of "reset" trick with Parasol Stars. Something about making the game think you had played 99 times to get a umbrella or something?    :-s

Could anyone fill me in on that? (specifically the reset trick and how you do it :) and uh why you do it   :-k.  )

dhowerter

ALL -

Anyone know the answer to my either of my above questions?  :)

(Parasol Stars save file size and the reset trick)

NecroPhile

Quote from: dhowerter on 09/30/2008, 09:34 PM1. How big is the save file for Parasol Stars? (# of save units)

Quote from: dhowerter on 09/30/2008, 09:34 PM2. I think I remember someone talking about some kind of "reset" trick with Parasol Stars. Something about making the game think you had played 99 times to get a umbrella or something?    :-s
I don't recall a 'reset' trick; it sounds like you're thinking of the 99 continues coin.  If you grab the rainbow necklace early in the game, it'll open a door during the boss level which leads to a coin giving you 99 continues.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Yeah, and this only happens after certain conditions are met, but I don't think anyone's actually ever figured out what they are.