To celebrate the PC Engine's 21st, I have been playing...

Started by _Paul, 10/30/2008, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

What have you been playing to celebrate?

I have been playing Jackie Chan, one of the best platform games on the system. I managed to get to the final boss (which I've only done once before) but unfortunately ran out of continues. Darn him!

shubibiman

I have been playing Final Zone II. And I played it through for the very first time  :P
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

I'll be playing Legend of Xanadu when I get home tonight; perhaps I'll toss in a little Dead Moon for good measure.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

I've just been playing through Super Star Soldier and that nasty green robot always ate most of my lives as usual. I just have some kind of mental roadblock when it comes to dodging his missiles.

And what PC Engine session is complete without some Genpei TomaDen! I love how utterly crazy this game is.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2008, 03:18 PMAnd what PC Engine session is complete without some Genpei TomaDen! I love how utterly crazy this game is.
Ewww!  The PCE's birthday is supposed to be a joyous occasion, not a day for suffering and tears.  What's next - Turrican, Deep Blue, or Ballistix?  :lol:

nectarsis

HHHHHmmmmmmmm on that note, amybe some Deep Blue ;) and some more time with Travelers! Densetsu wo ButtobaSe.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Lord Thag

Well I'm playing Salamander, Image Fight and Xevious Fardraut Densetsu (shut up nectarsis  :lol: :twisted:) to celebrate. I've got some new titles inbound too, such as Gradius, Tower of Druaga, Xanadu and Ys IV. The old PCE is definately getting some play!  :D
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

nectarsis

:-" :-" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????  :twisted: :twisted:

O.B.E.Y.  S.T.E.A.M.I.N.G  P.I.L.E  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ooPo

So far tonight: Aero Blasters, Bonk 3, Dungeon Explorer (ABMBI AKLIE), Victory Run, R-Type, Dragon's Curse, Space Harrier, Bomberman '93, Military Madness.

Not pc-engine technically, but a celebration regardless. The supergrafx is coming out soon for some fun, too.

OceanBlueKirby

If playing with the TurboGrafx-16 counts, I've played Dungeon Explorer today. It seemed to be rough for me since I had not played the game in a few months.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

NecroPhile

I played some Xanadu, but it was all for naught.  After stumbling around for an hour and a half, I decided that I should probably save my progress, only to find that I didn't have enough room in memory.  Oops.

Paisa49

I played Tatsujin, and the game fustrated the living crap out of me. In my experience, it has to be one of the toughest shooters out there.