RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PCE/TG Gaming Triumphs

Started by Arjak, 11/07/2008, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

Have you ever made such a victory in a PCE/TG game that you just wanted to cheer? Here's a place to ramble about it!

After getting my Duo-RX modded (thanks Turbokon!), I sat down to play a nice game of Blazing Lazers. Because I sucked when playing on Magic Engine, I thought playing on the console would be no different. On ME, I couldn't get past Area 2. :-({|=

This time was quite different. I made short work of the first three areas, and then after some trouble on Area 4, I blasted through another group of levels, until I finally made to Area 9, the last level (and the one with the best music). I was stupefied. Not only had I made it much farther than ever before, but I might just beat the game!

Then I watched in horror as I lost 2-3 continues and all my lives. Game Over.

Although I didn't beat the game, I'm still proud of the huge stride I've made in this game. I hope I can do better next time.

Thank you for listening, and don't forget, the Shield and Field Thunder weapon are your friends! :wink:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

nat

Beating Shape Shifter. The final boss gauntlet is fucking insane.

mobiusclimber

I have nothing to relate, but my friend plays my copy of Dracula X every time he comes over. Last time he finally made it past the ... third? fourth? stage... It's the one right before the ghost ship stage. Considering it's taken him several tries we were really pumped when he got past it.

I know, kinda silly, but after having him come over the last four times and he couldn't get past it, it was really cause for celebration. I suck at any game that requires reflexes so I'm not about to spend more than a few minutes playing a game like that.

As for me... nothing really. I've been pretty stoked every time I figure out what I"m meant to do in Aurora Quest. And some of the tricks and whatnot that I figured out in Dokyusei as well.

TR0N

Finshing spriggan years ago given it gives you that rush when playing the game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

Quote from: TR0N on 11/08/2008, 01:52 AMFinshing spriggan years ago given it gives you that rush when playing the game.
ditto. it ain't that hard, but gives you that terrific "taste of huge victory on your tongue"-feeling when ever you beat it straight through!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

rag-time4

Beating Image Fight for the first time with my wife was really a memorable experience. It's a pretty tough game.

Playing alone, I would get pretty far but would always end up demoralized and out of gas emotionally, but my wife also enjoyed it so we started alternating a bit. Taking breaks and watching her play recharged me enough to gather my strength and get through the really tough sections.

Wouldn't have been able to do it without her!

turbokon

I hope to beat Gate of Thunder someday.  That would be my TG triumph.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

CrackTiger

Beat Tiger Man's stage with only Mouse Man in Dragon's Curse.

Beating Shapeshifter with only the Shadowcat form.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

somery

Back in the early 90's, me and a friend who also had a TG16 took turns playing JJ & Jeff (we'd give the controller to the other guy when we died or beat a level) hoping that both of us together could beat it since neither of us could do it solo. We were on one of the final stages and doing pretty damn good until one of us accidentally fell onto a green spring that WARPS YOU ALL THE WAY BACK TO ONE OF THE FIRST FUCKING LEVELS!!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway, after what was surely an epic stream of curse words, we bit the bullet and started working our way back to the end again. This time we managed to avoid the spring and finish off the game.

I don't even remember the ending, but I'll always remember that fucking green spring.

NecroPhile

I count it as a victory every time I stop playing Deep Blue, yet I keep coming back for more.  ](*,)

Completing Camp California was a nice triumph (for me to poop on!).  It's not a overwhelmingly difficult game, but it's too damn long to not have a save feature.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kid_rondeau

For me, it was beating Monster Lair without the infinite continues cheat. That game is quite hard!!