RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

For those who are still looking for brand new Duo pad....

Started by Liquid Snake, 04/15/2005, 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid Snake

My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

esteban

word up, i hope i have the same luck... i just ordered two controllers myself.
normally i wouldn't order from a place like this... but i took a chance based on your recommendation.

thanks for the link!  i tried searching the site for other items... but the search sucked and so did the menus.

I found TurboExpress ($240).
And 2 HuCard games (Jack Nicklaus and something else... overpriced... but if they are brand new I guess it isn't too bad).

How did you find the DUO pads, anyway?  Did I miss an obvious category somewhere?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"word up, i hope i have the same luck... i just ordered two controllers myself.
normally i wouldn't order from a place like this... but i took a chance based on your recommendation.

thanks for the link!  i tried searching the site for other items... but the search sucked and so did the menus.

I found TurboExpress ($240).
And 2 HuCard games (Jack Nicklaus and something else... overpriced... but if they are brand new I guess it isn't too bad).

How did you find the DUO pads, anyway?  Did I miss an obvious category somewhere?

I just ordered two controllers myself. All I own personally is one regular Duo pad and an NEC avenue pad plus a white PC engine Duo Tap (which works fine with my US Duo) so I can use the extra controllers.

Added in edit: Not that I need it but I found a Duo Tap on their site
http://www.gameexpress.com/product_detail.cfm?UPC=092218000026 though the picture is of a Turbo Tap.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

thanks dan. i sent them a follow-up note to add the duo tap ($7 is nice) to my order.  I also asked them to provide info on any and all TG-16 / DUO / PCE items... I guess I'll hear from them next week.

i have repaired tons of turbo pads over the years (usually just cleaning the contacts and removing gunk does the trick)... but I decided treat myself to some new pads for once.

dj898

i personally prefer Hori fighting commanderPC pad for PCE.

IMG

esteban

^ as do I!  I'll send you $11.99 for commanderPC and $11.99 for AVE 6 pads first thing tomorrow.  How much will shipping be?

dj898

he he sorry none for sale mate... :p
these are the ones i'm using as you can see from my dirty finger prints all over them...   8)

DragonmasterDan

The Hori pad looks nice, the Avenue pad 6 that I have has kind of a loose directional pad, it works but because it's somewhat flimsy compared to the standard Duo Pad.
--DragonmasterDan

Necro

Very nice deal there... I tried hard to resist, but could do it, put in an order for 2 controllers and a duo tap.  :)  Just too sweet of a deal.

Liquid Snake

I've ordered from Gamexpress before and I have no problem with them.  

I just typed Duo in the search and found the pad :)

Just thought you guys might interest in new Duo controller :)

Play-Asia

esteban

thanks Liquid Snake.  My order (2 controllers) has already shipped and should be here in a few days.  I haven't had new controllers in.... forever!

the only sucky thing:  I emailed them twice about expanding my order (to include turbotap)... but they never responded and just shipped my order.

Keranu

Yeah I bought a new controller from them last year. They were selling Dynastic Hero there but it was sold out. I bet it was going for a normal price too but some hardcore fan snatched it while he could. I was hoping I'd be that person since a lot of people don't go to that site it seems.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"Yeah I bought a new controller from them last year. They were selling Dynastic Hero there but it was sold out. I bet it was going for a normal price too but some hardcore fan snatched it while he could. I was hoping I'd be that person since a lot of people don't go to that site it seems.

holy smack, you would have been lucky as hell!  I wanted this game when it came out and I've never wanted to pay $50 for it.... so I kept putting off until "it got cheap".  Boy, that was stupid.

Keranu

I have the Japanese one, however. I had a CD-R of the US version and the strange thing was that I had a saved game from the CD-R and when I played the Japanese one, I could load my game and the text was in Japanese. Interesting. One difference between the US and JP version is that they have different vocal songs in the openings, I thought you might be interested for your site :P .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"thanks Liquid Snake.  My order (2 controllers) has already shipped and should be here in a few days.  I haven't had new controllers in.... forever!

the only sucky thing:  I emailed them twice about expanding my order (to include turbotap)... but they never responded and just shipped my order.

My controllers were shipped on Monday and was supposed to arrive on Wenesday, but... it didn't and the tracking hasn't been updated since Monday when it left New Jersey. FedEx is just terrible.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"I have the Japanese one, however. I had a CD-R of the US version and the strange thing was that I had a saved game from the CD-R and when I played the Japanese one, I could load my game and the text was in Japanese. Interesting. One difference between the US and JP version is that they have different vocal songs in the openings, I thought you might be interested for your site :P .

definitely interested!  that makes sense.  If TTi didn't mess around with the game saving protocol (for lack of a better term), then the heart of the game is identical and there are only cosmetic changes (Red Book audio, text). The JP vs. US version of Valis II, Final Zone II, Red Alert, monster lair, etc. are this way... i think.

esteban

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"My controllers were shipped on Monday and was supposed to arrive on Wenesday, but... it didn't and the tracking hasn't been updated since Monday when it left New Jersey. FedEx is just terrible.

SAME HERE!  My expected arrival date is the 22nd.

Details: Apr 18, 2005
10:57 PM, Left origin, SOUTH HACKENSACK, NJ

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"My controllers were shipped on Monday and was supposed to arrive on Wenesday, but... it didn't and the tracking hasn't been updated since Monday when it left New Jersey. FedEx is just terrible.

Mine was expected to arrive yesterday though. Since looking today it appears they removed the expected arrival date from their tracking page for my order. That sure indicates to me that it's been lost.

Ship date    
   Apr 18, 2005    
Reference    
Delivery location    
   WHEATON, IL    
Service type    
   Home Delivery    
Pieces    
Weight    
   2.0 lbs.    
Status    
   In transit    
Date/Time    
Details    
Apr 18, 2005      10:57 PM
--DragonmasterDan

Necro

Quote from: "stevek666"

WTH, same situation here... My order is listed on FedEx as due to be delivered tomorrow, but status has not been updated since it arrived in Keasbey, NJ on the 19th.  I hope this isn't a case of a FedEx employee that has found he likes to keep the packages from these guys.  Also quite strange the status of my package is listed as 'Picked up' though it does still have an estimated delivery date of tomorrow still...   :x

Please keep us informed on how your orders go.

esteban

yes, I have no problem sharing info with you.

this is FedEx GROUND, which is the budget service. so i don't mind waiting a few extra days.  I hope, as DM Dan stated, this is NOT a situation where a fed ex employee is fond of adbsconding with video game merchandise (and reselling it on ebay).  wouldn't that be our luck?

RANT/ I recently ordered a flat screen LCD monitor from buy.com.  it was "lost" somehow.  normally, i wouldn't care about waiting, but buy.com made it sound like it was my fault and wouldn't let me re-order another monitor until fedex finished auditing the shipment.  almost 2 weeks after i was supposed to have received the monitor, i just cancelled my order. the us post office has never lost anything for me, ever.  i know it must happen with USPS, but fed ex and UPS have lost tons of packages of mine over the years (at least 8 over the last 15 years). that sucks.

I lost the complete VHS collection of degrassi junior high (1989 series, not the new crappy one) when my brother shipped it to me using fedex a year or two ago.  i still weep over the loss. /RANT

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"yes, I have no problem sharing info with you.

this is FedEx GROUND, which is the budget service. so i don't mind waiting a few extra days.  I hope, as DM Dan stated, this is NOT a situation where a fed ex employee is fond of adbsconding with video game merchandise (and reselling it on ebay).  wouldn't that be our luck?

RANT/ I recently ordered a flat screen LCD monitor from buy.com.  it was "lost" somehow.  normally, i wouldn't care about waiting, but buy.com made it sound like it was my fault and wouldn't let me re-order another monitor until fedex finished auditing the shipment.  almost 2 weeks after i was supposed to have received the monitor, i just cancelled my order. the us post office has never lost anything for me, ever.  i know it must happen with USPS, but fed ex and UPS have lost tons of packages of mine over the years (at least 8 over the last 15 years). that sucks.

I lost the complete VHS collection of degrassi junior high (1989 series, not the new crappy one) when my brother shipped it to me using fedex a year or two ago.  i still weep over the loss. /RANT

I've had far more trouble with FedEx than any other delivery services, Thursday has pretty much passed so it's now TWO days late. In 2001 Fed Ex lost a DirecTV reciever and Hub. While two other recievers and a dish all sent out the same day from the same facility arrived with no problems.

UPS is just bad about leaving stuff outside but I can't recall them having ever lost any of my packages, and the postal service is inconsistant but decent. I've never had any problems with DHL. FedEx is always the worst.
--DragonmasterDan

Necro

An update to the tracking on my order just showed up...

Arrived at FedEx location     
HENDERSON, CO

:)  So it looks like it will make it here, hopefully and your orders are just being held up and are on the way.  I haven't used FedEx much at all, perhaps they are just a bit slow and I did pick saver shipping...  The tracking is better that USPS tracking, but not better than UPS tracking from my experience.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Necro"An update to the tracking on my order just showed up...

Arrived at FedEx location     
HENDERSON, CO

:)  So it looks like it will make it here, hopefully and your orders are just being held up and are on the way.  I haven't used FedEx much at all, perhaps they are just a bit slow and I did pick saver shipping...  The tracking is better that USPS tracking, but not better than UPS tracking from my experience.

I live in Chicago, my order was sent from New Jersey and was supposed to be delivered the 20th, I got an update today as well. It was sent to California and is now with an estimated arrival date of the 27th, how exactly an item that left the East coast for Chicago wound up by GROUND in California is beyond me. Absolute ridiculousness from FedEx. For those who want to see
http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=322954310064223
--DragonmasterDan

Keranu

Hey I'm near the Chicago area too! I live in Crete, a southside subburb about a half hour away from Chicago.
IMG

esteban

ha!  dragonmasterdan, it seems that your duo pads don't want to go to an abusive home, and would rather stay with me, here in california, where i am kind and nurturing to my controllers:

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=322954310064209

seriously, though, our seperate shipments became a duo. oh my god shoot me.  i'm delerious, i've been up 24 hours straight trying to meet some deadlines. i'm going absolutely mad, and I think i have a few more hours to go. NO SLEEP TILL DEATH.

Bloomington, CA, by the way, is in Riverside / San Bernardino county -- one of the most polluted places (and economically depressed) regions in California.  Be sure to wipe the the grime and sludge off your package when (if) it arrives :).

Keranu

Looting and polluting is not the way, here's what Captain Planet has to say...
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Keranu"Hey I'm near the Chicago area too! I live in Crete, a southside subburb about a half hour away from Chicago.

Western Burb of Wheaton here (as can be determined from looking at my shipping info)
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"ha!  dragonmasterdan, it seems that your duo pads don't want to go to an abusive home, and would rather stay with me, here in california, where i am kind and nurturing to my controllers:

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&tracknumbers=322954310064209

seriously, though, our seperate shipments became a duo. oh my god shoot me.  i'm delerious, i've been up 24 hours straight trying to meet some deadlines. i'm going absolutely mad, and I think i have a few more hours to go. NO SLEEP TILL DEATH.

Bloomington, CA, by the way, is in Riverside / San Bernardino county -- one of the most polluted places (and economically depressed) regions in California.  Be sure to wipe the the grime and sludge off your package when (if) it arrives :).

I've never made it outside of LA or Orange Counties in Southern California myself. I do have a good friend who is a student at University of California at Riverside though and from what she's indicated the area isn't "that" bad. Considering the thick brown smog that covers LA county in my travels there I can't imagine it's any worse out there, but you never know.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Yes, I went to grad school at UCR.  I'm a Riverside hater because I lived there for my first year of school and it was so stinky compared to northern NJ / NYC in terms of fun things to do (no vegan restaurants, no arty / retro movie theatres, absolutley no good record shops or mom n pop specialty bookstores.... etc.).  Only big ciities and very, very kool little towns (like Burlington, Vermont) would have all the things I'd be looking for.  

But Riverside isn't all that bad, everyone bashes it and I feel bad that I joined in.  I offended some folks my first year by saying some of this stuff... I felt bad.  Still, I moved to Long Beach / LA area after a year and now I'm happier out here. LA rules... it has tons of great stuff (that list I mentioned).  

I'm always traveling down to Orange country (especially Irvine and Mission Viejo areas -- is that where you were?)... they are too sterile for me, but it's kool to see perfectly manicured landscapes of suburbia... I live in a working class town, myself ... I couldn't afford a house in Orange County :)

BACK ON TOPIC: I am sorry to inform you that I received both Duo pads today.  Everything was great, definitely brand new merchandise.  You'll be pleased.  The boxes aren't in mint condition, but I wasn't expecting them to be.

Necro

Just got my order too.  :)  One of the boxes is minty the other was slightly crushed, but nothing to complain about.  For anyone who was wondering on the "Turbo Tap Duo" it is in fact a Turbo Tap as pictured, not the Duo tap.  I was hoping for the Duo Tap, but won't complain about a Turbo tap for so cheap. ;)

Thanks again for posting this Liquid Snake...

Liquid Snake

No problem!

I'm now having my first time "lost mail" incident with USPS.
The tracking number shows it's been delivered to my address on the 18th but my package is nowhere to be found.............

:cry:

Play-Asia

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"Yes, I went to grad school at UCR.  I'm a Riverside hater because I lived there for my first year of school and it was so stinky compared to northern NJ / NYC in terms of fun things to do (no vegan restaurants, no arty / retro movie theatres, absolutley no good record shops or mom n pop specialty bookstores.... etc.).  Only big ciities and very, very kool little towns (like Burlington, Vermont) would have all the things I'd be looking for.  

But Riverside isn't all that bad, everyone bashes it and I feel bad that I joined in.  I offended some folks my first year by saying some of this stuff... I felt bad.  Still, I moved to Long Beach / LA area after a year and now I'm happier out here. LA rules... it has tons of great stuff (that list I mentioned).  

I'm always traveling down to Orange country (especially Irvine and Mission Viejo areas -- is that where you were?)... they are too sterile for me, but it's kool to see perfectly manicured landscapes of suburbia... I live in a working class town, myself ... I couldn't afford a house in Orange County :)

BACK ON TOPIC: I am sorry to inform you that I received both Duo pads today.  Everything was great, definitely brand new merchandise.  You'll be pleased.  The boxes aren't in mint condition, but I wasn't expecting them to be.

I've been around the area both visiting people and for trade shows and other things. I've been through Irvine, Anaheim and a handful of areas in Orange County. Orange County is nice and more traditional suburban than most of what I've seen in the LAC part of the area.

As far as the LA area goes in general. it's nice but it's definitely more spread out than I'm used to. Due to the hilly landscape of Sothern California you have giant fields, hills, Mountains and other natural phenomenon that make it harder to build on, as a result urban development is more spread out throughout the area in general than you see here in Chicago or in the Northeast. LA county is something like 5,000 square miles. As an example the entire Chicago metro area (9 counties here with around 10 million people) could fit well within the Los Angeles county borders. It's not just LA county, I'm well aware of the fact that a lot of the Western US is spread out like that. It's just something that I've never gotten used to.
--DragonmasterDan

OldRover

Quote from: "stevek666"very, very kool little towns (like Burlington, Vermont)
Heh! I spent 11 years there...that's why it's a very very kool little town! :D

Sorry for the off-topic blurt... :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: OldRover
Quote from: "stevek666"very, very kool little towns (like Burlington, Vermont)
Heh! I spent 11 years there...that's why it's a very very kool little town! :D

Sorry for the off-topic blurt... :D

yeah, I would go camping in vermont, maine, and CANADA! all the time.  I would always try to have the trips coincide with some festival in Burlington (they had some great music / cultural stuff... one year a Taiko troupe was there and played with local Taiko drummers, very kool)...

STEPHEN KING fans: In maine I was in a record shop and a bored & cute employee started talking to my friends and I.  We said "what the heck can we do here?"  (it was bangor maine... the only "big" city that was near our camping site).  She said, "well... not much, but stephen king live not too far from here..."  She gave us pretty good directions, but we had to drive around 10 blocks until we found his house.  "You can't miss his house," she said, "he has a black wrought iron fence with iron gargoyles and demons... same for his house."

Sure enough, we found the gargoyle house. Very kool, but it wasn't nearly as spooky as we had hoped it to be.  I think we drove around for 45 minutes though, until we stumbled upon it.  that hanson song... "mmmmm bop" was just becoming a big radio hit, that kind of put a cheery, not spooky, mood into the adventure.

esteban

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"I've been around the area both visiting people and for trade shows and other things. I've been through Irvine, Anaheim and a handful of areas in Orange County. Orange County is nice and more traditional suburban than most of what I've seen in the LAC part of the area.

As far as the LA area goes in general. it's nice but it's definitely more spread out than I'm used to.

No, I'm with you.  southern california is totally spread out.  that's why we have all these massive friggin' highways... you gotta take them if you want to go anywhere.  It took me a long time to warm up to LA (I had NYC envy).  But LA definitely has tons of stuff going on... you just HAVE to have a car.  In NYC, you easilly hop a bus or subway... not so out here. I've never been to Chicago... haven't a clue what its like :)

DragonmasterDan

FedEx has no rhyme or reason to how they send stuff, follow the trail my package has gone on

It was sent back to Illinois yesterday, only to wind up back in Southern California  :roll: ridiculousness at its finest.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"FedEx has no rhyme or reason to how they send stuff, follow the trail my package has gone on

It was sent back to Illinois yesterday, only to wind up back in Southern California  :roll: ridiculousness at its finest.
I'm sorry, but that is too funny.  Your duo pads are gonna visit every State before you get them ;)

Necro

No doubt, too strange...  Looks like they are back in Chicago at least. ;)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Necro"No doubt, too strange...  Looks like they are back in Chicago at least. ;)

Finally got the pads today, both boxes are in good shape. They also are actual US Duo Pads. I thought there was a chance that we were going to be getting far more common PC engine controllers or something else. Actual US Duo Pads are so uncommon even used ones rarely show up on ebay (well, ones not included with a system). So this is definitely quite a find.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"
Quote from: "Necro"No doubt, too strange...  Looks like they are back in Chicago at least. ;)

Finally got the pads today, both boxes are in good shape. They also are actual US Duo Pads. I thought there was a chance that we were going to be getting far more common PC engine controllers or something else. Actual US Duo Pads are so uncommon even used ones rarely show up on ebay (well, ones not included with a system). So this is definitely quite a find.

wow, i didn't know that.  I wonder if they have many more left...

Necro

Glad to hear that you got them, they are indeed sweet!  :D

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Necro"

Glad to hear that you got them, they are indeed sweet!  :D

Yep, the only other option (besides PC engine controllers) is those icky converted Turbo Pads at TZD since they no longer have actual Duo Pads. This place is definitely a last resort
--DragonmasterDan

doomfarer75

"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com