OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

M$ BASIC for almost ANY 6502 machine

Started by ccovell, 12/09/2008, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

Hi, folks.  Probably many of you already know that the source code to the Apple I integer BASIC interpreter has been released, but an even more interesting one is a disassembly/abstraction of Microsoft BASIC for 6502 machines.  If anybody wants to try a fun project, why not try assembling this BASIC interpreter to run on the PCE?

http://www.pagetable.com/?p=46

The M$ BASIC ROMs/programs from several different old computers have been brought into a single assembly source code, with switches to turn on/off several features and RAM (etc,) configurations.  A PCE version would not be very hard to implement, given the proper text input and output routines to be written around it.

Sorry, I'm not the one to do this; I have enough projects and other junk going on...  :-k

TurboXray

I saw a link over at the 6502 forums for ehBASIC - http://www.themotionstore.com/leeedavison/6502/ehbasic/index.html.  Not sure on the differences.

A BASIC compiler would be nice though.

You know, I wonder what BASIC versions were optimized for 'C02. I think all the ones I looked at were for the '02.

Arkhan Asylum

Im going to check this out and look into it.   It might be a fun thing to do alongside the stuff going on after I finish Insanity..
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!