RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Yeah I could play Ys III any time :)
Is Ys IV up next Superplay?? I tried to space them out a bit when I was playing the series but couldn't resist and played Ys III and IV back to back.

SuperPlay

roflmao: Keep going for it  :-)

PunkCryborg: I am not sure if I am going to jump straight into IV, I may have a go at something else first.  I have just checked and the last time I cleared I/II it was 3 years ago, hopefully I will not leave it this long ;-)

shubibiman

Here are some pics of my latest clears. It's missing Download, for which I forgot to take a pic :

Formation Soccder Human Cup 90 :

/Formation%20Soccer.JPG

Nexzr :

/Nexzr.JPG

Afterburner :

/Afterburner.JPG
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

munchiaz

#10 YsIII

Game was really fun. It was short, but thats not really a bad thing. I love RPGs but i don't always have the time to play one for 40+ hours. The music was badass, and it wasn't to hard

thesteve

Just got MSR, and played it strait through
Did the same with CF2 when I got the chance (long game) 2

roflmao

Quote from: thesteve on 01/05/2014, 06:50 AMJust got MSR, and played it strait through
Did the same with CF2 when I got the chance (long game)
I too finished MSR within the first couple of days of owning it (though I've been meaning to play through the extra stuff).  And I'm currently playing through Cosmic Fantasy 2.  I just met up with the cat character, but one thing that irks me about this game are the uneven boss fights.  Most are dead easy, then you come across a boss that's tough as nails.  I've got to refight the boss you encounter right after meeting the cat because I wasn't even close to being strong enough to beat him.  Grinding, here I come. :)

PukeSter

Beat Detana Twinbee!

Fantastic shmup. Full of pure fun and character. Wish it had the 6th level from the Arcade though.

Almost 1CCed it too...

PukeSter

Now also beat Bomberman 94!

Still gotta beat Bomberman (1989).

PunkCryborg

Nice clears luke, get some pics of the FIN screens :D

PunkCryborg

Clear #39 Youkaidouchuuki
This was one of the toughest games for me to beat. It's so short but it is incredibly tough and cruel. If anyone want's to ever try and take it on I can offer lots of advice but be warned, you will hate life by the millionth time you die. The platforming elements and stuff in this game are simple. What makes it hard is the random enemies that come into the screen just to kill you. If you spend too long anywhere these red fireball guys just come right at you and it's game over. In fact if I had two words to describe this game they'd be GAME OVER.
Anyways.... I am so glad to beat this finally, took 4 solid nights of hardcore playing to finally clear it and I never EVER want to play this again :D I almost love this game but at the same time it angers and frustrates me so much that I kind of hate it.

/q_kR-j3TOqLuCe7xRI8watkE0

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/18/2014, 02:23 AMClear #39 Youkaidouchuuki
This was one of the toughest games for me to beat. It's so short but it is incredibly tough and cruel. If anyone want's to ever try and take it on I can offer lots of advice but be warned, you will hate life by the millionth time you die. The platforming elements and stuff in this game are simple. What makes it hard is the random enemies that come into the screen just to kill you. If you spend too long anywhere these red fireball guys just come right at you and it's game over. In fact if I had two words to describe this game they'd be GAME OVER.
Anyways.... I am so glad to beat this finally, took 4 solid nights of hardcore playing to finally clear it and I never EVER want to play this again :D I almost love this game but at the same time it angers and frustrates me so much that I kind of hate it.
/q_kR-j3TOqLuCe7
I remember the pain of this game, but I don't think I ever came close to beating it.

Not that I would betray Battle Royale, but I think I'll have to play this game soon. Very soon.

There is a challenge inherent in your post: only the hahdkawr need apply.

Well, damn, that's a wonderful opportunity for a masochist like me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shubibiman

Wow! Now that's a nice clear ! I've never beat that game. Idon't think I ever will.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: shubibiman on 01/18/2014, 08:12 PMWow! Now that's a nice clear ! I've never beat that game. Idon't think I ever will.
you can doo eet!
Seriously you probably can if you have some patience

SuperPlay

#26: Dead Moon

Finally made it!

/3d5q.jpg

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/19/2014, 02:50 PM#26: Dead Moon

Finally made it!
1cc? I thought it was annoying that it's hard to get a capture of your score at the end. I still need a 1cc of it, I used one continue and fealt like I really needed to 1cc it to feel good about beating it.

Here's #40 for me
Battle Royal, first game in the game of the week thread
mini review and stuff here:
pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=329192
IMG

NecroPhile

Even I beat it without continuing, punky.  If you can beat down Youkai Douchuuki, you can beat Dead Moon.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PukeSter

I used a passcode to beat Youkai Douchuuki. Final level was a bitch.

Bullshit pious system too. Not even a good port, either.

gbapalyer

IAM BAAAAACK !

Benkei Gaiden

20 hours

/3zdc6mpl.jpg
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2014, 09:34 PMI used a passcode to beat Youkai Douchuuki. Final level was a bitch.

How did you do that? there's no password in game. You can't make most the jumps in the last level if you don't have the drink you buy at the store. I thought it was a pretty good port considering the year.

PukeSter

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/21/2014, 02:11 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 01/20/2014, 09:34 PMI used a passcode to beat Youkai Douchuuki. Final level was a bitch.

How did you do that? there's no password in game.
I looked up a cheat online, takes you to some kind of weird options screen... :(

I wish I could get pictures of games on here, but it's hard to upload them for some reason.

Also, just beat Mizubaku Daibouken today! The fire demon is a wang.

Used the Stage 4 and Stage 6 warps, but they are very miniscule. I beat the game with 3 continues left, so I most likely could have done it without them.
Pricey game, but it is well worth the cost for any retro gamer imo.

PunkCryborg

adding pics is simple, especially if you use your phone. Just take a pic and d/l an app for whatever image host you use. Send the pic to the host via app and get the link from the host site. insert link in the insert image button

PunkCryborg

gbapalyer

Makai Hakkenden Shada

5 hours

/elda6x87.jpg

gbapalyer

Susano Densetsu

14 hours

/8o2vhcvl.jpg

munchiaz

#12 Bloody Wolf

Really fun action game with a kick ass soundtrack. Screamed for joy when i finally beat the final boss

IMG

shubibiman

/Jackie%20Chan.JPG

/Takahashi%20Meijin.JPG

PunkCryborg

#42 Gotzendiener
/ffguiZE_oiE/w1001-h563-no/

munchiaz

gbapalyer

shubibiman

So you finally found the legendary shield ?

gbapalyer

yes sir.

next game will be momotarou densetsu turbo.^^

chany60126

PunkCryborg

#43 The Lost Sunheart
/v9tl.jpg

A couple tips -
  • once you get the H weapon DO NOT pick up a C weapon
  • use the #2 subweapon once you get it from the shop the whole game till the last boss
  • speed all the way up, the enemies that come from the top and bottom are near impossible to dodge otherwise
  • the level after the face guy steals your orbs and he hangs out at the corner the whole level, shoot him as much as possible and he'll drop a 1UP

gbapalyer

Momotarou Densetsu Turbo

18 hours

/tdlq5yc7.jpg

gbapalyer

PunkCryborg

munchiaz

#13 Dragon egg.

Game was fun, but the boss battles ended so quickly, you barely got any time to enjoy them

shubibiman

/Startling%20odyssey%202.JPG

:)

Very nice RPG even though it has nothing that really stands out.

shubibiman

-Browning  :dance:

Very hgappy to clear this game. I know few people like this game but I enjoyed it. I love mechas and this game delivers just what I need when it comes to huge robots. The controls are awkward but once you get used to it, it's fine.

/Browning%201.JPG

shubibiman

-Hokutosei no Onna :

/Hokutosei%20no%20onna%201.JPG

/Hokutosei%20no%20onna%202.JPG

I didn't think I would enjoy that game but I did. It hasn't aged well, though.

shubibiman

-Space Adventure Cobra 2 : great digital comic. Anyone who can read japanese should play this game.

/Cobra%202-1.JPG

Bardoly

Quote from: shubibiman on 05/13/2014, 05:35 PM-Space Adventure Cobra 2 : great digital comic. Anyone who can read japanese should play this game.
How difficult is it to play/enjoy for non-Japanese readers?

shubibiman

I don't know as I actually can read japanese. I'd say that you can play the game without being stuck for a while, but there's no sense doing this, as you wouldn't even get half of the story, which is fun.

shubibiman

-Ranma 1/2 : Toraware no Hanayome

Nice little digico, short and straightforward.

/Ranma%2012%20toraware.JPG

shubibiman

Bardoly

Quote from: shubibiman on 05/31/2014, 07:27 AM-Mr Heli no daibouken

/Mr%20Heli.JPG
Nice!

On a scale of 1 to 10, with Tatsujin being a '10', how difficult did you find it to beat this game?

shubibiman

I'd say 3. But there's a second loop which is, of course, much more difficult.

shubibiman

Bardoly

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/01/2014, 01:16 PM-Horror Story  :dance:
Very nice!  You're on a roll!
How many total have you cleared?