@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rag-time4

Quote from: guyjin on 08/01/2009, 05:19 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/01/2009, 02:39 PMWith the help of Allah: Clear # 24! Riot Zone clear!!!
you didn't need Allah for that one. I beat it my first time through, and given how much I suck, that's saying something.

and congrats on Shubibinman, sini :)
Yeah I beat it my first time through also!

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear # 25! Vigilante clear!

My wife got upset because I took over the controller... and now it's clear...

IMG

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear #26! Last Alert clear!!

Too bad this game had to end!! Super super fun, if a bit too easy. I'm gonna have to go for Bloody Volt next to keep the theme going!

Special thanks to my wife for taking pix!

IMG

Sinistron

haha you're on a little tear eh rags? too bad you're not in my league!
I could use you for dinner
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

blueraven

*Joins the race from 70 laps behind*

FINALLY cleared Wonder Momo. The music is the same on the last level too... :-"ughalrlaaahjjkmnbvg

*Notches clear #3 into belt*

Laugh all you want.  :twisted: Currently working on Ninja Warriors.

(Does anyone have a high score for NW? PM me and I'll post it in the thread!)

Sinistron

Nice one Blue- no one is listed on PCEDAI as clearing Wonder Momo yet- so that's a  good one to have on your belt.

Here's another one no one on PCEDAI is listed as clearing-

Clear #94 - Tatsunoko Fighter

This game was interesting- after you beat a mini boss- you are transformed into a non-cartoony human to fight a much bigger boss- there were five in all.
This is one of those games that has a tough level early on- probably the toughest in the game with a lot of tight jumps- perhaps that has turned most people off this title- but it's really not that bad- I enjoyed it.

Last Boss-

IMG

Fin Screen-

IMG
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Arkhan Asylum

I just beat Asuka 120% but didnt bother taking a picture.

I was too busy wishing my TV would pull a Captain N and yank me into the TV so I could get it on with a bunch of cartoony kung fu chicks.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sinistron

For the record- I'd like to say that since Adol shares his PCEDAI clears with his Wonder Twin- and since Runin hasn't listed his clears on PCEDAI- the way I really see it is that there is no Adol in the #1 spot (or on the top ten list altogether)- #1 is Runin's spot- with an XXXXX infinite number of clears- honestly I think we all know that no one will outdo Runin's clears.

That's the way I see it anyway.    :)
IMG

Sinistron

Clear #95 - Chiki Chiki Boys

Very easy- one for the kids- some fun to be had, but it's more fun with two players.

IMG
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: Sinistron on 08/03/2009, 11:18 PMFor the record- I'd like to say that since Adol shares his PCEDAI clears with his Wonder Twin- and since Runin hasn't listed his clears on PCEDAI-
Looking at the stated facts Adol and his twin have half of their clears apiece. If they are both being truthful, it still puts them at about 125 clears each, give or take a few misplaced games & American/JP versions of the same game.

Quote from: Sinistron on 08/03/2009, 11:18 PMthe way I really see it is that there is no Adol in the #1 spot (or on the top ten list altogether)- #1 is Runin's spot- with an XXXXX infinite number of clears- honestly I think we all know that no one will outdo Runin's clears.
Agreed. Runin must be well over 200. He knows waaaaay to much about every game, and is the #1 grandmaster IMHO. His walkthroughs are great as well!

Quote from: Sinistron on 08/03/2009, 11:18 PMThat's the way I see it anyway.    :)
Gee no foolin'?  :mrgreen:  8)

I still say that the proof should be in the pudding; Post those photos of your clears!  :!: That way, no-one can dispute your accomplishments, and it keeps everyone honest! Holding myself to this standard, I am guilty of not posting a photo of Wonder Momo, and will go back down to 2 voluntarily if teh peeps wish it.  #-o 

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 08/05/2009, 01:44 PMLooking at the stated facts Adol and his twin have half of their clears apiece. If they are both being truthful, it still puts them at about 125 clears each, give or take a few misplaced games & American/JP versions of the same game.
Who gives a fuck how many clears such a charlatan lays claim to?  That tool is so full of shit, he squeaks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 08/05/2009, 01:44 PMI still say that the proof should be in the pudding; Post those photos of your clears!  :!: That way, no-one can dispute your accomplishments, and it keeps everyone honest! Holding myself to this standard, I am guilty of not posting a photo of Wonder Momo, and will go back down to 2 voluntarily if teh peeps wish it.  #-o
lol. I wouldn't worry too much about that raven. That would mean many of everyone's clears would have to be taken off pcedaisakusen. For the sake of this thread we should be posting photos, but I trust ya raven. ;)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/05/2009, 06:00 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 08/05/2009, 01:44 PMI still say that the proof should be in the pudding; Post those photos of your clears!  :!: That way, no-one can dispute your accomplishments, and it keeps everyone honest! Holding myself to this standard, I am guilty of not posting a photo of Wonder Momo, and will go back down to 2 voluntarily if teh peeps wish it.  #-o
lol. I wouldn't worry too much about that raven. That would mean many of everyone's clears would have to be taken off pcedaisakusen. For the sake of this thread we should be posting photos, but I trust ya raven. ;)
I'm gonna have to second Ceti's sentiments here! Welcome aboard raven!

Work on getting pix in the future though!

blueraven

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/05/2009, 06:16 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/05/2009, 06:00 PMlol. I wouldn't worry too much about that raven. That would mean many of everyone's clears would have to be taken off pcedaisakusen. For the sake of this thread we should be posting photos, but I trust ya raven. ;)
I'm gonna have to second Ceti's sentiments here! Welcome aboard raven!

Work on getting pix in the future though!
Cheers guys, and thanks for the encouragement!

Ninja Warriors is probably next.

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear #27! Keith Courage clear! I'm an official Turbo Nerd now!! This game has a sweet soundtrack! And like Rocky Balboa, I didn't use any tricks in the final round! Here's the boss battle vid:

IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/07/2009, 12:27 PMWith the help of Allah: Clear #27! Keith Courage clear!
Well done rags.

"Yeah! There we go."   <--  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear #28! Wataru clear!

Wish I had a SuperGrafx and Granzort but I'll settle for Wataru!

IMG

And the boss vid, once again no cheating!

IMG

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2009, 02:09 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/07/2009, 12:27 PMWith the help of Allah: Clear #27! Keith Courage clear!
Well done rags.

"Yeah! There we go."   <--  :lol:
Took me a couple days to beat that boss!!

rag-time4

With the help of Allah - Clear #29! Bloody Volt clear!!

A very nice companion to Last Alert! Not quite as much variety though, with only one stage being a "rescue-all-the-hostages" stage, but still quite fun!

IMG

nat

Bloody Wolf is insanely good. I love that game-- a true Turbo classic.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Arkhan Asylum

GOOD JOB! YOu beat BLOODY VOLT!

:-D hehehe

still waiting for someone else to muster up the courage to beat Ballistix

and for the record, who cares what some two bit liar and his evil evil twin cleared?  As far as Im concerned they dont exist in the PC Engine community.  I mean, he came here for his little rant/lie fest made one more completely moronic comment in one of the worst game of the year threads, and vanished.  Just like I said he would.

Theyre all sitting on their little thrones made out of the 30000 Cocoron copies they all collectively own! :)

Though I dont know how you can sit on something made of lies.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rag-time4

Quote from: nat on 08/07/2009, 07:44 PMBloody Wolf is insanely good. I love that game-- a true Turbo classic.
You haven't lived until you've played Bloody Wolf and Last Alert back to back!

blueraven

Clears 4 & 5;

Ys Book 1 & 2 pack-in CD: My camera died before I could snap the photo, so I hope y'all trust me.

Galaga '88: Hard Run, All Warps, 1,206,110 and finally PWNED -

IMG

8) Time for me to play catch up!  :mrgreen:

blueraven

Clear #6:

Garou Densetsu 2 / Fatal Fury 2 ACD - Normal Difficulty: Andy Bogard

IMG IMG
IMG

Back to the grindstone...   :mrgreen:

blueraven

Clear #7:

Ryūko No Ken / Art Of Fighting ACD - Normal Mode - Ryo

IMG

I've been on a bit of a tear today  :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

Gratz on the clears, especially Galaga '90.  8)

I've been slack on posting pics for my past several clears, but I'll be posting pics for every other clear on here for now on.  :mrgreen:
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/20/2009, 11:49 AMGratz on the clears, especially Galaga '90.  8)
Thanks, ceti!  :mrgreen: Y'all know how long I've been working on that one.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/20/2009, 11:49 AMI've been slack on posting pics for my past several clears, but I'll be posting pics for every other clear on here for now on.  :mrgreen:
Yeah I'm excited to make run through all the games I own. Now I need more shm'ups!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 09/20/2009, 03:44 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/20/2009, 11:49 AMGratz on the clears, especially Galaga '90.  8)
Thanks, ceti!  :mrgreen: Y'all know how long I've been working on that one.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/20/2009, 11:49 AMI've been slack on posting pics for my past several clears, but I'll be posting pics for every other clear on here for now on.  :mrgreen:
Yeah I'm excited to make run through all the games I own. Now I need more shm'ups!
haha. Everyone needs more shooties.
IMG

Sinistron

I've been dormant (busy with music) but I will get back on the ball soon- I want to finally play this beyond shadowgate that's been sitting here.  Good to see you guys are still racking up clears
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: Sinistron on 09/25/2009, 12:23 AMI've been dormant (busy with music) but I will get back on the ball soon- I want to finally play this beyond shadowgate that's been sitting here.  Good to see you guys are still racking up clears
aha! I assumed you took on an alias and were on the French PCE Forum now.  :lol:

wb dude.

blueraven

Clear #8:

Tatsunoko Fighter - HuCard

IMG IMG

It was tedious and clunky, but once the pattern is ingrained in your head it's pretty fun.

That makes two, Sini!  :mrgreen:

RoyVegas

Soldier Blade Complete

Edit: Moved pic in photobucket, updated link.

IMG
All is well. :)

Ceti Alpha

Just cleared Sapphire.  :dance:

IMG

We need a Sapphire highscore thread, if there's not one already.
IMG

guyjin

blueraven

For the record, Xanadu pt.1 is a long-ass game. I took the last few weeks off from playing it due to excessive work, but am back in the proverbial saddle. Finishing lvl 9 now... No more posts here until the tower.

blueraven

On floor 3 of the tower; (lvl 12) have unlocked the Dragon Slayer sword, maxed my HP at 999,999 and will resume posting.  :mrgreen:

blueraven

Clear #9:

Kaze No Densetsu Xanadu / 風の伝説ザナドゥ / Legend of Xanadu Pt. 1 SCD

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

:dance: This is seriously the greatest RPG I have ever played. It brought me over to the dark side. I recommend this to everyone, but I warn you, its not for the faint of heart. Also I'll attempt to answer any and all questions about this Leviathan. :mrgreen:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 11/28/2009, 06:14 PMClear #9:

Kaze No Densetsu Xanadu / 風の伝説ザナドゥ / Legend of Xanadu Pt. 1 SCD

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

:dance: This is seriously the greatest RPG I have ever played. It brought me over to the dark side. I recommend this to everyone, but I warn you, its not for the faint of heart. Also I'll attempt to answer any and all questions about this Leviathan. :mrgreen:
Most impressive!!  =D&gt; =D&gt; :dance: :dance:

You worked your ass off on this one. Great job! I may have some questions when I attempt this bugger.  :mrgreen:
IMG

nectarsis

Now you must replay to make a competent walkthru ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/28/2009, 07:58 PMMost impressive!!  =D&gt; =D&gt; :dance: :dance:

You worked your ass off on this one. Great job! I may have some questions when I attempt this bugger.  :mrgreen:
Thanks, ceti.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Anytime.

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/29/2009, 02:21 AMNow you must replay to make a competent walkthru ;)
:mrgreen: If you bear with me I will tentatively promise to do that. Honestly; at my rate that could take a year +, I recommend not waiting that long if you own the game. Its too badass. I know you have this already, Nec; for everyone else between walkthrough 1 & 2 at mindrec you've got a pretty good skeleton.

http://turbo.mindrec.com/  Click on "Files" on the left sidebar. under Legend of Xanadu pt 1. There are two walkthroughs, each with slightly different info. Thanks for the tipoff on this from the walkthrough thread, runinruder.

nectarsis

Just beat Road Spirits (PCE)  :dance: :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/23/2009, 11:03 PMJust beat Road Spirits (PCE)  :dance: :lol: 
Nice!! :D  =D&gt;

I beat Soldier Blade on normal the other day. Such a great game. I've also made major progress on Valis III. Beat that damned water level and have almost cleared the ice stage, which isn't as difficult but still pretty hard.
IMG

blueraven

HOLY FUCK. TOWER OF DRUAGA.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Your codes go to shit if you do the floors out of order. And there's 5 "Bonehead" prizes like the Turtle Boots, The "Evil Sword", and the Cursed armor If you try and run through it super-fast, cutting corners to the end like a douche. This game is pretty tedious, although massively fun in a masochistic way.

:mrgreen: I will beat it soon.  :roll:

Ceti Alpha

Beat Valis III the other night. What a cocksucker of a game, but yet somehow enjoyable. Aside from Valis II, I think that's a common theme among the Valis series.  :mrgreen: So far, Valis I is my overall favourite. Valis III was good times, but some of the controls made the experience more hellish than necessary, and don't get me started with that damned water level.  #-o Next is Valis IV and I have a feeling I'm going to like that one the best.

I've seemed to have misplaced my usb cord for my camera. I'll load up the end screen pic when I find it.
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: blueraven on 12/28/2009, 04:12 AMHOLY FUCK. TOWER OF DRUAGA.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Game is hopelessly fucked.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 01/12/2010, 07:44 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 12/28/2009, 04:12 AMHOLY FUCK. TOWER OF DRUAGA.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Game is hopelessly fucked.
haha. "Fucked" meaning hard I take it?
IMG

blueraven

There is this wierdness: to get the level 4 Item, you need the pickaxe from lvl1, which doesn't show up in my inventory at all...

I think the system has some deeper issues. I will test it on a repaired Duo this week.

RoyVegas

Splatterhouse Complete

Edit: Updated photo link.

IMG
All is well. :)

Ceti Alpha

I finally found my usb connector for my camera, so here are the Soldier Blade and Valis III pics I promised:

IMG IMG
IMG

blueraven

congrats, everyone  :mrgreen:

rag-time4

With the help of Allah... Clear no. 30!! Sangokushi III clear!!

Wanted to play something that would take me a while to give Ceti Alpha a fighting chance of catching me! As of this clear, I'm leading 30-22 by God's grace...

The PC-Engine version of Sangokushi III was noticably different from the SNES version I spent so much time on as a teenager. There is an additional generic face type in the PCE version not found on SNES, there seem to be a handful of new unique faces for officers who had generic faces in the SNES version, and there is an additional scenario not found on the SNES! The downside to this version was that play would sometimes be interrupted by CD loading. Maybe my Duo is just unhappy...

I used Gongsun Zan (Kou Son San in Japanese romaji) in the 189 scenario, and cleared the game in 203.

IMG IMG