@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Clear #15:

Akumajou Dracula X - Chi No Rondo / 悪魔城ドラキュラX 血の輪廻

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

I freaking love this game, I absolutely freaking love this game.  8) :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

Beat it with Richter at 100% or it doesn't really count.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2010, 09:28 AMBeat it with Richter at 100% or it doesn't really count.  :P
haha. There goes our theory, blue.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/10/2010, 11:59 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/10/2010, 09:28 AMBeat it with Richter at 100% or it doesn't really count.  :P
haha. There goes our theory, blue.
I'm considering this one beaten. I killed Dracula. How is inconsequential. Richter will come at a later date, and I didn't see anything about "perfection" being the only way to beat a game.

"The End" signifies the end to me.

blueraven

[Wed 18:19] <blueraven> ok its time to tackle the last 22 percent of Dracula to satisfy the h8ers that r go'n h8.

NecroPhile

No hate; just a gentle ribbing.  Besides, the game is so awesome that it's well worth replaying over and over until you get 100%, so it was just a matter of time anyway.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2010, 09:21 AMNo hate; just a gentle ribbing.  Besides, the game is so awesome that it's well worth replaying over and over until you get 100%, so it was just a matter of time anyway.
Exactly. It's like the developers knew how awesome the game was and decided to bless everyone with as much awesome as possible.
IMG

bartre

indeed, plus it's not like it'll be super easy and not fun.
and that game is sooooooooooooooooo much easier with maria.

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 11/11/2010, 01:34 PMindeed, plus it's not like it'll be super easy and not fun.
and that game is sooooooooooooooooo much easier with maria.
I always feel like cheating when I use Maria. I wish I could use her guilt free. :(

bartre

yeah, that cat subweapon owns any land bound boss, HARD.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2010, 09:21 AMNo hate; just a gentle ribbing.  Besides, the game is so awesome that it's well worth replaying over and over until you get 100%, so it was just a matter of time anyway.
I totally agree with Neco here.

Here's a link back to my post: link

blueraven

IMG IMG IMG

Note the Chariot, and not the Horse. I actually beat it three times, once without the ladies.

IMG

Duo_R

Cleared Cosmic Fantasy 2

/mailgooglecom2.jpg
/mailgooglecomk.jpg

The ending did have me a little confused, was that discussed on the forums somewhere?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

Quote from: Duo_R on 11/13/2010, 07:03 PMCleared Cosmic Fantasy 2

/mailgooglecom2.jpg
/mailgooglecomk.jpg

The ending did have me a little confused, was that discussed on the forums somewhere?
I have been working on clearing Cosmic Fantasy 2 for a while. My biggest complaint with that game is not necessarily the high rate of random battles, but they happen so frequently that I can't enjoy the music! The developers made this great score that you can only hear if you stand still and do nothing.

blueraven

Quote from: Duo_R on 11/13/2010, 07:03 PMCleared Cosmic Fantasy 2

/mailgooglecom2.jpg
/mailgooglecomk.jpg

I don't know about the ending, but congrats! :mrgreen:

Duo_R

thanks guys, my biggest complaint with CF2 is how it can be very buggy. There is one town where if you load your game, and then load another save file, the game would crash almost everytime. I would forget my most recent save file so I would load, check, then soft reset and load the other file. I also disliked how the score would also reset when different char dialog popped up. But overall happy that this one is done!

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 33: Lords of Thunder - Normal

IMG
IMG

blueraven

Ceti Alpha

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/15/2010, 04:12 PMClear #34: Buster Bros (1 player)
Did you have to use any continues?  Either way, nicely done.  =D&gt;

Ceti Alpha

Thanks.  :mrgreen: Yeah, I had to use one continue, I believe. I have tried to beat this game before, several time, but it just got the best of me. Today I was on a roll with it. It would be nice to get through it on 1cc.
IMG

NecroPhile

I doubt I've managed to single credit it on single player; maybe two player but probably not by myself.

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/15/2010, 04:12 PMClear #34: Buster Bros (1 player)

IMG
Nice wheels there, Ceti, but don't think you're gonna drive away with an easy victory!!

shubibiman

Just cleared the uber amazing Uchuu Senkan Yamato! Yu should try it, it's definitely worth the 15$ asked for it!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Ceti Alpha

Clear #35: BIKKURIMAN WORLD, BABY!!!! WOOOT!!!!   :lol:

Btw, thanks nat for the tips last year - they really helped.  :mrgreen: I would have actually made it on 1 life if I didn't get killed by the boss that asks you the question and you have to pick an answer. Damn Japanese. I just was unlucky and picked the wrong answer. :( Otherwise, I had the game of my life. haha

This is probably the best ending for a game I've ever witnessed....

IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

blueraven

nat

Haha, it's about time. Wonderboy lives to see another adventure in Canada.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nat on 11/20/2010, 03:20 PMHaha, it's about time. Wonderboy lives to see another adventure in Canada.
hah! Tell me about it. It's funny that I went from not coming close to beating the damn game to being able to beat it while on the toilet.  :lol: Bikkuri definitely has that addictive arcade feel. But Dragon's Curse calls. I've played a little and I love it so far.

Edit: I was just poking around the archives looking to see if there was a thread that clearly described the lineage of the Wonderboy series. I thought I had it figured out, but then I read that Monster Lair was actually released after Wonderboy in Monsterland (Bikkuriman World) - such a confusing series. Anyway, I found your thread thread titled "fuck".  :lol: This really sums up the feeling of trying to fight the final boss. I just missed that thread when I registered on September 4, 2007.  heh

Btw, did you ever make a comparison thread between the SMS and PCE ports? The SMS port definitely looks easier. The most obvious difference is the number of hits the bosses take. On the SMS port the bosses only take two or three hits.
IMG

nat

I never did, no. I never finished the SMS version, but I have it on the Dreamcast, so I may still do that some day.

I have a message in a thread around here somewhere that shows the series lineage....
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nat on 11/21/2010, 02:48 PMI never did, no. I never finished the SMS version, but I have it on the Dreamcast, so I may still do that some day.

I have a message in a thread around here somewhere that shows the series lineage....
Yeah, I remember that. I'll keep poking around for it.
IMG

nat

Ceti Alpha

IMG

rag-time4

Duo_R

Finally beat Drac X!!!! And I am 95% complete now (with Richter).

Dracula Pwngage

/20101206121348274.jpg

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Mathius

blueraven

shubibiman

Kaze No Densetsu Xanadu. Awesome game, awesome graphics. I enjoyed it despite its flaws.

blueraven

Quote from: shubibiman on 12/12/2010, 08:36 AMKaze No Densetsu Xanadu. Awesome game, awesome graphics. I enjoyed it despite its flaws.
Congrats! When I beat it last year I felt like I had undertaken an epic journey. It was an overwhelming sense of Epic Win!

... and probably my favorite RPG Ever.

Anyway, congratulations on beating one of Falcom's finest!

shubibiman

QuoteCongrats! When I beat it last year I felt like I had undertaken an epic journey. It was an overwhelming sense of Epic Win!
That's exactly what I felt. And the last action level is sooo beautiful!

blueraven

Quote from: shubibiman on 12/13/2010, 08:09 AM
QuoteCongrats! When I beat it last year I felt like I had undertaken an epic journey. It was an overwhelming sense of Epic Win!
That's exactly what I felt. And the last action level is sooo beautiful!
Agreed, it's almost like the icing on the cake. The side-scrollers are a great reward for individual levels, bu the overheads to me were the best part of the game; The challenge! I kept a kana chart open to do spot translations...

blueraven

Clear #16:

Street Fighter II - Champion Edition / ストリートファイターII'

IMG

blueraven

Clear #17:

The Manhole / マンホール

IMG

I wandered around for three or so hours. Covered everything. A lot longer than it took to clear Flash Hiders.

chany60126

F1nally cleared Ys I & II for the first time eva.  :dance:

IMG

Mathius

I am embarrassed that I haven't finished Ys yet.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 01/10/2011, 10:28 PMI am embarrassed that I haven't finished Ys yet.
As am I.

But congrats to blue and channy on their clears.  =D&gt;
IMG

blueraven

shubibiman

I don't always post here but today I cleared Parasol Stars (true ending). I'm so happy to have cleared it! I never thought I would be able to do that!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: shubibiman on 02/16/2011, 05:12 PMI don't always post here but today I cleared Parasol Stars (true ending). I'm so happy to have cleared it! I never thought I would be able to do that!
Very nice!  =D&gt;

Did you use any of those secret items that gives you more lives and warps you? I've been trying to find those damn things.  :lol:
IMG