@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

I cleared Riot Zone today. I couldn't find my camera fast enough, had no choice but to capture the plain congratulations screen. LOL

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: chany60126 on 04/19/2011, 04:44 PMI cleared Riot Zone today. I couldn't find my camera fast enough, had no choice but to capture the plain congratulations screen. LOL
I hear ya.  I've gotten into the habit of sitting my camera down next to me when I go to play the TG-16 now, just in case I get a decent score. :)

apachacha

Beat Chiki Chiki Boys today

/chikichikiboysending.png

Today, even though I've had some difficulties, I beat Salamander.

/salamanderend.png

Aaaand Override

/overrideend.png

Today, I finaly beat Cyber Core

/cybercoreend.png

Bigger pic wouldn't get saved for some reason.

And P-47

/p47end.png

And the ending brings us this nugget of wisdom (it won't fit into a single screencap, sorry :( )

"But War repeats unless mankind exist !"

So....we have to extinct ourselves to end war.

Sounds good to me.

I love how you don't have to beat the bosses, and how the levels just end regardless if you kill em or not !

chany60126

Beat Dungeon Explorer I. Natas was one tough cookie.  :)

IMG

esteban

Quote from: chany60126 on 04/22/2011, 11:42 AMBeat Dungeon Explorer I. Natas was one tough cookie.  :)

IMG
Based on the photo, it appears you are playing in a cavern/dungeon.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

Clear # 37 - Coryoon

Great game. Managed to do a 1cc clear:

Here's the score:

IMG

Here's the end screen:

IMG
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

apachacha

Beat Momotaro Katsugeki today !

/momotaroukatsugekiend.png

Terra Cresta 2

/terracresta2end.png

By the way, you are not suposed to have six more bosses after the boss rush.

shubibiman

Coryoon : it's the first time I beat that game. I don't know why but up til today, I couldn't beat the last boss.

shubibiman.free.fr/Clear%20screens/Coryoon%20fin.jpg
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

apachacha

Hyperdine sidearms today

/sidearmsend.png

Okay I might have harped on TC 2 for having six bosses after the boss rush, but at least you don't have to fight the same boss four times like here !

Oh incredibly original credits screen there  :P

blueraven

I beat traffic in rush hour today.

And seriously; I decided to beat SF2CE with Guile.

shubibiman

apachacha

Beat the first CD Ranma 1/2 game today

/ranmaending.png

That last boss....yeah I stil have no clue how I survived.  :P

Also Nexzr

And yes, that's a typo :P

/nezxrending.png

Oh and another sparkingly original space shooter ending screen :P

Oh and guess what ccovell ? :P

/superstarsoldierend.png

Managed to finish Valis 2 today

/valis2end.png

Rayxanber III today

/rayxanberiiiend.png

Finished Terraforming today

/terraforming.png

Yeah no better ending screen to be found there :P

shubibiman

roflmao

Beat Final Soldier today.  My first time finishing this game!

IMG

Does anyone know if it has a different ending if you finish it on anything other than Normal?

Also finished Ninja Spirit recently, but didn't post it at the time because it didn't seem like as big an achievement. :)

IMG

apachacha

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2011, 02:05 PMAlso finished Ninja Spirit recently, but didn't post it at the time because it didn't seem like as big an achievement. :)

IMG
Unless your version is missing the pit of many dudes with swords, then it's one heck of an achievement ;)

roflmao

Quote from: apachacha on 05/19/2011, 03:44 PMUnless your version is missing the pit of many dudes with swords, then it's one heck of an achievement ;)
Yeah, that part is pretty much impossible until you figure out where to go - but then once you know it's pretty easy. :)  The last time I beat this game was probably well over 5 years ago, and I found the final boss much easier to defeat than I was expecting.  Those grenade things are really powerful!

soop

Ok, I beat PC Kid the other day.  The thing was, I'd left it on from the day before, and after fighting the copies of his friends and jumping down the hole to the princess... it glitched, and I had to restart.  But then I did it all in one sitting.  Easy, but enjoyable.
Also beat StreetFighter II with Ken (thought I was going to do it in 1 credit, but then got held up 3 times on Balrog, 5 on Sagat, and then about 10+ on Vega.  As my blister will attest).
And I beat Moto Roader, but only on the regular track, so I don't know if it counts.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

blueraven

Grats to everybody kicking ass on the clears.

Now that I actually have some time off I can get back to the important things, like oBEY.

grahf

About Ninja Spirit, I actually got right through the pit on my first playthrough. It only took about 2 or 3 tries. I think I just got really lucky.

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear number 38!! Image Fight II clear!!

IMG IMG

I highly recommend playing this game on a nice home theater system if not the virtual cushion for which it was designed! What an awesome soundtrack!! Most of the tunes are remixed versions of the original Image Fight tracks.

I found this game significantly easier than the original, but there is plenty of good action to be had. Definitely higher production values in terms of graphics and sound over the original!

Mathius

Tell Allah that Mathius needs serious help getting anywhere in the first Image Fight.  :P

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 12:44 AMTell Allah that Mathius needs serious help getting anywhere in the first Image Fight.  :P
How far has Mathius gotten in Image Fight?

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/30/2011, 12:45 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 12:44 AMTell Allah that Mathius needs serious help getting anywhere in the first Image Fight.  :P
Umm, stage 2? :oops: Yeah, I know. [-(

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 12:49 AM
Stage 2 can be vicious if you get stuck in the checkpoint next to teh battlecruiser! Make sure you're using red pods and the green ring laser if you can so that your shots have as much angle to them as possible.

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/30/2011, 12:52 AM
Stage 2 can be vicious if you get stuck in the checkpoint next to teh battlecruiser! Make sure you're using red pods and the green ring laser if you can so that your shots have as much angle to them as possible.
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks! :)

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 01:06 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/30/2011, 12:52 AM
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks! :)
The stage 2 boss is invulnerable to regular shots from below, so attack from above or from the side.

Stage 3 features some pea shooting turrets and missile launchers attached to walls. Play aggressive and eliminate those missile launchers as fast as you can to help you get through the stage!

As Ken says in Fighting Street: I wish you good luck!

apachacha

I'll try to play it for the first time in ages today to make you feel a little bit better with my suckage :P

Mathius

Quote from: apachacha on 05/30/2011, 11:02 AM
I'll try to play it for the first time in ages today to make you feel a little bit better with my suckage :P
I'll take all I can get. :)

apachacha

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 11:40 AM
I didn't make the mark and get passed level 5.

Happy ? :P

Mathius

Quote from: apachacha on 05/30/2011, 12:50 PM

Did better than me!

rag-time4

I won't be happy until there's another score posted in teh high score thread for Image Fight!!

apachacha

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2011, 12:55 PM

Did better than me!
Yeah, oddly enough, the second level boss was surprisingly easy to kill.

rag-time4

With the help of Allah: Clear #39!! Exile clear!

IMG

The first time I played this game, I quickly put it back on the shelf after repeatedly being killed by the flying beetles in the beginning! I had a suspicion, however, that it was the type of game that would actually get easier after advancing a bit. I was right, after the first section, the game becomes a breeze. Pretty mediocre game all around, but I did like the fact that the map screens used real world environments, and that the main character seems to have been a Muslim.

roflmao

IMG

Finished Sapphire today. :D

I didn't realize it was so short.  Awesome game.  I love that it is 2-player in case I ever have someone over who likes these sorts of games (which occurs almost as as often as a US Magical Chase sighting, lol).

apachacha

/valis3end.png

Finally gone back and finished Valis 3

Ceti Alpha

Nice! How did you enjoy that water stage, with the bell? Lol
IMG

apachacha

Quote from: ceti alpha on 06/12/2011, 08:45 PMNice! How did you enjoy that water stage, with the bell? Lol
I didn't. :P I had to look up an LP of the genesis version to know that I'm not doing anything wrong  :D

But then I came to the cemetery stage and all was good once again

Oh and speaking of which, beat Seirei Senshi Spriggan today

/sprigganend.png

Oh and finaly got around to finishing Gunhed today too.

/gunhedend.png

Dyna138

According to PCE Daisakusen I have 38 clears. I recently finished Cotton, the volcano stage was giving me some trouble for a while, but I passed it and beat the last boss easily.  :mrgreen:

apachacha

Finished Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman III today, first entry in the series I actualy got around to finishing :P

/shubibinman3.png

And after I got back I managed to beat Son Son II

Lol at the Buddha with the stache :P

/sonson2end.png

Today, I got past the annoying Princes and beat Star Parodier :D

/starparodierend.png

And today......Steam Hearts

:-"

/steamheartsend.png

shubibiman

Just cleared Urusei Yatsura - Stay With You :

/Lamu%20ending%201.jpg

apachacha

Well it finally happened

/imagefightend.png

Image Fight :D

Now to try and beat II :P

shubibiman

I found II to be much easier. Good luck.

apachacha

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/28/2011, 05:49 AMI found II to be much easier. Good luck.
And guess what ?

I beat you today  :P

/shubibinman1end.png

shubibiman

No way! I still haven't been able to beat myself!

apachacha

Quote from: shubibiman on 06/29/2011, 02:22 PMNo way! I still haven't been able to beat myself!

IMG

:P

The girl at least slides around an awfull lot though, even whe she's not suposed to, what's up with that ?

rag-time4

With the help of Allah, clear #40! Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari clear!! (hard mode)

IMG

As a huge fan of River City Ransom, which I loved as a kid when it was first released, this was a game I had my eyes on since I started collecting for teh Duo. I loved all the redbook music, and I also enjoyed the voice acting. Very noteworthy about this game is that there are no kanji characters used in dialogue or inside the shops, so it can be a fun way to work on some basic vocabulary. The only place kanji characters show up in the game is on shop awnings and on signs and posters plastered about. There was one major disappointment, however... the sound of the lead pipe hitting the ground is far inferior to the NES version. On the NES, it has an amazing, hollow metal sound, but it sounds terrible on the PCE as it does on the Gameboy Advance version.

roflmao

I recently got back from a camping trip and I brought my Express.  I completed Ninja Spirit on it, which I was a little surprised about.  I don't have a photo to prove it though. :(

Is there an existing thread about completing games on an Express?  I guess there probably isn't that much of a demand for one.  Most people would be crazy to try to complete a game on the Express. :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/03/2011, 09:11 PMI recently got back from a camping trip and I brought my Express.  I completed Ninja Spirit on it, which I was a little surprised about.  I don't have a photo to prove it though. :(

Is there an existing thread about completing games on an Express?  I guess there probably isn't that much of a demand for one.  Most people would be crazy to try to complete a game on the Express. :)
You'll be able to complete it again, with teh pwoof. :)
IMG

roflmao

roflmao

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/03/2011, 11:33 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/03/2011, 09:11 PMI recently got back from a camping trip and I brought my Express.  I completed Ninja Spirit on it, which I was a little surprised about.  I don't have a photo to prove it though. :(

You'll be able to complete it again, with teh pwoof. :)
This special request goes out to ceti alpha!

IMG
Fin.  And just so you don't think I cheated using the 212212selectrun level code, here's a screenshot of the glorious explosions for each boss. :)

IMG
Level 1.  Unfortunately, this was the last of the pics I touched up and figured out a method to make the Express screen look a little better, but I'm too lazy to go back and touch up all the other photos. :P

IMG
Level 2

IMG
Level 3

IMG
Level 4

IMG
Level 5

IMG
Level 6

IMG
And finally, Level 7.