Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shubibiman

-Artist Tool !  :dance:

/Artist%20Tool%2001.JPG

/Artist%20Tool%2002.JPG

/Artist%20Tool%2003.JPG

:mrgreen:
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

Well done.  That's a toughy.

But for a real challenge, pick up an IllustBooster to access hard mode.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shubibiman

I do own an Illust Booster but I've never used it (it's new).

geise

Haha!  So awesome!   Also that posg of batman makes me want to go play it again.  It has been so long since I played through it.

shubibiman

Batman has such beautiful visuals that you should give it a try. The cutscenes are so awesome !

-Aeroblasters

/Aeroblasters.jpg

Edit :

-Advanced VG

/Advanced%20VG.jpg

Edit 2 :

-Battle Ace

/Battle%20Ace.jpg

shubibiman

-Bloody Wolf !

/Bloody%20Wolf.jpg

As I said in this thread, I had never managed to beat the final boss. Well, I was far from there as it was even stage 4 boss that I ciouldn't beat ! I finally found that it's pretty easy but then, I had real trouble beating the real final boss.

You have to make sure to get the right weaponry in order to beat him as easily as possible.

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/05/2014, 03:55 PM-Artist Tool !  :dance:

/Artist%20Tool%2001.JPG

/Artist%20Tool%2002.JPG

/Artist%20Tool%2003.JPG

:mrgreen:
Best.

Post.

Today.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

I beat splatterhouse this past weekend. Got all the way to the end and then died with no continues. Made it back to the end of the game with all my continues on the next play through, and destroyed the final boss.

shubibiman

-Barunba

/Barunba.jpg

Nice little shmup, tougher than what its visuals might suggest.

owlnonymous

Cleared Gekisha Boy (translated) with a lot of continues. I'm going to aim for a 1CC here soon.

GekishaBoyClear2.jpg

A Black Falcon

Bokushou Yoshimoto Shingeki - This is a short and easy platformer. It's a Hudson game, and was their second TG16 attempt at a platformer starring a real comedian, after the successful 1987 title JJ & Jeff (Kato-chan & Ken-chan). However, that's a much better game than this one is, despite releasing seven years earlier than this 1994 effort, and being on a HuCard instead of a Super CD as well. This game is really, really easy; that its its main flaw. There's just almost nothing here! The game makes somewhat weak use of the Super CD format, too. This feels like a HuCard game with some CD audio and voice acting at times. The game is Hudson's last platformer for the system, and it might be their worst. It certainly is the easiest; I beat the game the first time I played it without getting a game over, and the game has no difficulty level options either. There are only six or seven levels, with minigames at the end of each one, and that's it. The game is broken into levels, each themed differently -- so there's a wild west level, etc. Each level is a separate stage show by the comedian protagonist, essentially. There are some bits of voice acting here and there, in Japanese of course; I imagine this game would be better if you know the language, because at least the humor would all make sense. I often get the sense that this game is more about the comedy than it is gameplay, though there's not a LOT of comedy either -- just short bits before levels, and during them on occasion. The humor that I could understand is mostly pretty dumb stuff too, which doesn't help. After each level, there's a minigame. These minigames substitute for boss fights. In one, you play rock-paper-scissors, and the winner then throws food at the other players' face. That's the level of the comedy here. That would be okay if the game was challenging and fun like JJ & Jeff is, though; that game's loaded with really stupid humor, but it makes up for it with tough classic platforming gameplay. In this game though, the minigames are often amusing, but the levels are so insubstantial that the game feels lacking. Only the last level presented any challenge at all, and even that wasn't hard! It's kind of sad when even a quiz/platforming minigame is easy for someone who can't read Japanese to beat on their first try... just get to the top first, and it doesn't matter how many times you choose the wrong answer! And getting to the top first is easy, even though this is one of the last challenges in the game. Oh, and as for the graphics, it looks okay, but not really any better than Hudson games from four years earlier. While everyone else showed graphical improvement in their platformers over the early '90s, Hudson was pretty much stuck in neutral up until at least '95. Too bad. There's very little parallax in this game, relatively few enemies most of the time which are almost no threat to you, and not much that really explains why this is a Super CD either. I do like the few places where you have multiple routes, and the stage going down a river looks kind of nice, but still, this game could, and should, look and play a lot better than it does. This game is Hudson's only Turbo CD-exclusive platformer that isn't an action-RPG, and it's thoroughly mediocre at best missed opportunity.

So yeah, this is a somewhat disappointing game. I went in with low expectations, and the game was about as subpar as I expected. Too bad. If you want a much better sidescrolling game published by Hudson in 1994, get anything else they released that year -- the Westone action-RPG Blood Gear for Turbo CD is pretty good, for example. They had good platformers on Nintendo p[latforms that year, too -- Adventure Island IV (Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima IV) for NES, Super Bonk for the SNES, Bonk's Revenge for Game Boy are all from '94; those games are where their main platforming focus went that year, clearly.

shubibiman

-Atomic Robo Kid :

/Atomic%20Robo%20Kid%20petit.jpg

and

-Black Hole Assault :

/Black%20Hole%20Assault%20petit.jpg

PunkCryborg

DAMN Shubi, 289 clears. That's like a 3rd of the library! You truly are the ultimate PCE player!

shubibiman

Thanks ;)

I'm trying to clear most of the games from A to Z. Now, I'm in the A and B section :)

I think the only games I won't be able to clear are quiz games, as their are lots of questions about 1980's japanese pop culture. I know a little about animes but almost nothing about singers or TV shows of that era.

shubibiman

-Bouken Danshaku Don - The Lost Sunheart

/Lost%20Sunheart%20petit.jpg

What a crappy game. I can't believe it was released in 1992 and still looks like it was an early PCE game.

-Be Ball

/Be%20Ball%20petit.jpg

I've only cleared the first loop. I'll keep on playing this game from time to time to try and clear all the loops, hoping there's a "true ending".

esteban

Be Ball has 1024 levels. Then you will see "true" (final) ending screen.

shubibiman

1024 levels ?! Have you cleared them all ?

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/20/2014, 10:54 AM1024 levels ?! Have you cleared them all ?
I completely lied to you. I have no idea how many levels are in Be Ball (La Chew Man Fu).

IMG Sorry.

shubibiman

-Bari Bari Densetsu

I couldn't conect to my FTP so I can not show you any pic for the moment  ](*,)

Pretty tough game. The controls are nearly perfect.

SuperPlay

#29: Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?

CarmenSandiego1.jpg
CarmenSandiego2.jpg

esteban

Ha! I just noticed the old-school printer paper in that shot from Carmen Sandiego.

PunkCryborg

#46 Ane San
Not a very deep game and very easy but still fun and very interesting. I like the bosozoku gang theme throughout. You can get money to buy stuff to decorate your room between levels. I want to play again to save up for the awesome chopper bike.
AneSanEnding.jpg

SuperPlay

#30: The Manhole

I am not sure what I have just spent the last few hours doing.  However I paid for it so I played it ;-)

IMG IMG

SuperPlay

esteban

Quote from: SuperPlay on 02/15/2015, 09:25 AM#31: Loom (Expert mode)

IMG
You have notes for the musical notes. Awesome.

:)

blueraven

Wow. My first post on this thread was 5 or 6 years ago... And my last clear was from 2011. I have not done a very good job of oBeying.

Still hanging in there at 19 clears!!!

#20 will be on the way shortly, now that my PC Engine is back out of storage and getting daily use :mrgreen:

Glad to be back!

gbapalyer

I also cleared the last RPG a few months ago...but i still have like 20 to go.
Other games on other consoles consume my time at the moment (Persona 4 Golden i cleared last week clocking 63 hours, right now iam playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate).

That´s my list of beaten RPGs as of last year:

01. Ys IV: Dawn of Ys (14 hours)
02. Startling Odyssey 2 (24 hours)
03. Legend of Xanadu II (10 hours)
04. Emerald Dragon (26 hours)
05. Tengai Makyou I: Ziria (28 hours)
06. Tengai Makyou II: Manjimaru (52 hours)
07. Tenshi no Uta 1 (15 hours)
08. Dragon Knight II (10 hours)
09. Neo Metal Fantasy (22 hours)
10. Tenshi no Uta 2 (15 hours)
11. Xak I+II (9 hours)
12. Star Breaker (26 hours)
13. Alshark (30 hours)
14. Cosmic Fantasy 1 (16 hours)
15. Cosmic Fantasy 2 (17 hours)
16. Cosmic Fantasy 3 (13 hours)
17. Basted (3 hours)
18. Tengai Makyou: Fuun Kabuki Den (27 hours)
19. Cosmic Fantasy 4 Chapter 1 (15 hours)
20. Cosmic Fantasy 4 Chapter 2 (14 hours)
21. Ruin: Kami no Isan (6 hours)
22. Princess Minerva (22 hours)
23. Dragon Knight III (13 hours)
24. Anearth Fantasy Stories (20 hours)
25. Gulliver Boy (29 hours)
26. Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes I (14 hours)
27. Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes II (24 hours)
28. Sorcerian (13 hours)
29. La Valeur (10 hours)
30. Burai I (26 hours)
31. Burai II (16 hours)
32. Dragon Knight I & Graffiti (10 hours)
33. Babel (14 hours)
34. Startling Odyssey 1 (22 hours)
35. Xak III (7 hours)
36. Popful Mail (13 hours)
37. Exile I (4 hours)
38. Exile II (2 hours)
39. Auleria (20 hours)
40. Legend of Xanadu I (33 hours)
41. Benkei Gaiden (20 hours)
42. Makai Hakkenden Shada (5 hours)
43. Susan O Densetsu (14 hours)
44. Sindbad (20 hours)
45. Momotarou Densetsu Turbo (18 hours)
46. Sol Moonarge (14 hours)
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

blueraven

gbapalyer

proofing pictures are somewhere in this thread :)
but i did not finish another pc engine rpg since last year around summer...shame on me.
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

shawnji

Yay!  Not the first time I've beaten it, but it's the first time I've done it on actual hardware!

/15s5zti.jpg

PunkCryborg

Nice one dude! I've yet to beat it. Gets pretty tough! Namco just doesn't give you a clear without working for it though.

shawnji

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/27/2015, 11:59 AMNice one dude! I've yet to beat it. Gets pretty tough! Namco just doesn't give you a clear without working for it though.
Thanks!  I'm really happy that I did it without having to use passwords.  I did, unfortunately, have to continue once on the last boss, but it's really cool that although the game normally just gives you a Game Over and you have to start back at the beginning or put in a password, if you die at the last boss it's like, "Aww!  You were so close!  How about giving it another try?"

wildfruit

#1 Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys
Wow it's taken me a while to have the time to see one through. This is my first NEC game cleared. What a great game. 3rd form of the last boss was a bit ridiculous though.

IMG

Dicer

I did 2 quick clears yesterday...

Star Parodier
and
Magical Chase

PunkCryborg

munchiaz

18. Psychic Storm. A decent shooter. Only stage i had trouble on was the last one.

IMG

19. CD Denjin. A fun shooter. Not as good as AirZonk, but still lots of fun

IMG

schweaty

Couple of clears from the last week or so:

Still waiting for part III to come out...
IMG

The hard-mode ending (of course) of Double Doragon II
IMG

shubibiman

Die Hard.

Finally made it out of that bloody stage 3 maze  :dance:

IMG

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 07/11/2015, 07:17 AMDie Hard.

Finally made it out of that bloody stage 3 maze  :dance:

IMG
What a satisfying reward for beating the game...wait, is that supposed to be Bruce Willis? It looks like "Rocky Sullivan" the gangster played by Cagney in "Angels With Dirty Faces"!

:)

PunkCryborg

roflmao

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/18/2015, 01:00 AM#48 Star Parodier
I love Star Parodier. What did you think of it? Too easy?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2015, 02:28 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/18/2015, 01:00 AM#48 Star Parodier
Way too easy. I had about 20 lives left over!

I love Star Parodier. What did you think of it? Too easy?

jtucci31

Yeah I remember getting a little stuck on the stage with all the bubbles or whatever. But I had so many lives that I still beat, it just helped me to rack up my high score at the end. I need to try this again on the harder difficulty.

PunkCryborg

#49 Travel Epuru
This was fun but got to be pretty simple once you learned how stupid the games AI is. Still would recommend since it's so cheap and has very nice cutscenes. I haven't tried the 2 player vs mode yet though. Interestingly when you play vs mode with only 1 controller, you controller both players with the same input so it is almost like Binary Land on Famicom.
I also found out there is a "high res" mode by toggling up and down while it's paused to give it an arcade style resolution or something.

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

#2 Ys III
not bad but not as good as Ys IV
Yes I'm playing them backwards

IMG

jtucci31

I've wanted to start getting in on this thread, so hopefully I will more as I clear more and more.

Clear 12: PC Genjin 2/Bonk's Revenge

Finally beat this one. Now onto PC Genjin 3! (Also found out I need to get better at taking these end game pictures. I usually take pictures at the end, but they're always terrible regardless)

/2aiown8.jpg

munchiaz

#20. Valis 1
Last night i played and beat Valis 1 on the PCE. I played this a few months back, got to the end and couldn' beat it. The game also froze on me while playing a few months ago at the end, which caused me to not play it for awhile. I started playing again this weekend, and i made it to the end again on Friday and Saturday. The game is pretty easy overall. The only hard part is the last stage, and mainly just the first form of the final boss.

Yesterday however, i was determined to beat this damn game. So i played it, got all the way to the end boss without dying once. Then it was game over screen, after game over screen. Once you die in this game, you lose most of your weapon power ups, and MP, so it just makes it even more difficult. After hitting the game over screen about 6-7 times (trying different patterns of cheesing out the 1st form of the end boss) I realized the easiest way to end this boss would be to use the sword power up and take it as slow as possible.

I was able to defeat the first form of the end boss with half of my HP left. The second form has a very distinct patter that doesn't change at all so its just a matter of surviving and getting enough damage in. I was able to beat him with 1 hit point of life left. I literally screamed "FUCK YEAH!!!" when it was all said and done.

on to the next one........

IMG

esteban

jtucci31

Clear 13: Salamander 1cc

Woo. Been playing it for the past day. I had pretty much every pattern down and had it all figured out, it was just a matter of not fucking up and getting cocky. I really love this game. Now I have to try it on expert mode, but for now I'm content. Slowly getting better at shooters (but not really. working my way up).

/2mxxmv.jpg

Clear 14: Atlantean 1cc

I just put it on my previous post so as to not double post. Plus I'm still the last one so whatever. I said what I wanted to in the high score thread but just to reiterate, I love the tunes! Great game. Had a lot of fun playing through this one.

/uwt1w.jpg