@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

COLA WARS

Started by guyjin, 04/06/2009, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best cola?

Coke
22 (40%)
Pepsi
11 (20%)
Dr. pepper
9 (16.4%)
RC
7 (12.7%)
some other crap nobody's heard of
6 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Mathius

Voted Coke. I used to drink Pepsi, but over the years Pepsi just tastes different. They changed something those stupid corporate pricks! :evil:

Jesse813

Pepsi Throwback for me :)

Senshi

Coke then Dr. Pepper. Trust me...I'm a doctor
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

RR1980

haha Crystal Pepsi in that chubby bottle for the win! haha

Jesse813

I remember drinking Crystal Pepsi a few times back in 92-93 during its short lifespan

Opethian

IMG

Senshi

Look like she enjoys Cock more
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

blueraven

RC just called, and they're happy they didn't hire Bjork :lol:

esteban

In honor of this thread's TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY (you can view my beverage of choice back then), I scanned an old advertisement I found in a 1995 issue of Gekkan PC ENGINE:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

guyjin

esteban

Quote from: guyjin on 04/19/2011, 12:24 PMcool! :)
I know, right? I thought a few more folks would think so, too :|

blueraven

If it said RC seltzer I would give it the uber-stamp of approval.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Well done on the photo op, esteban.

NecroPhile

Nice, though Bakushou Yoshimoto woulda been a better pairing with seltzer water.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

RC Cola was the only cola that matters.

blueraven

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/12/2012, 10:22 AMRC Cola was the only cola that matters.
Quoted for Truth.

esteban

How is Diet RC Cola? I'm not kidding.

I AM CRAVING DIET COKE right now. I RAN OUT.

I don't mind trying Diet RC Cola, but I'll just say that most diet stuff sux compared to Diet Coke. And Coca-Cola is a horrible corporation I can't believe I drink their fire water. Damn them! Damn my weak flesh, my weak taste buds.

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 01/14/2012, 10:22 AMHow is Diet RC Cola? I'm not kidding.

I don't mind trying Diet RC Cola, but I'll just say that most diet stuff sux compared to Diet Coke. And Coca-Cola is a horrible corporation I can't believe I drink their fire water. Damn them! Damn my weak flesh, my weak taste buds.
Aspartame has been proven to cause brain lesions in rats.

That said, a regular coke is probably "better" for you.

That said, I drink probably 1 soda every 4 months. I think It was the experiment my Auto-Tech instructor showed me in high school where It ate the paint off of a Volvo.

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 01/14/2012, 09:33 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/14/2012, 10:22 AMHow is Diet RC Cola? I'm not kidding.

That said, I drink probably 1 soda every 4 months. I think It was the experiment my Auto-Tech instructor showed me in high school where It ate the paint off of a Volvo.
Yeah, I should probably stop drinking soda altogether, but it is the carbonated beverage of the Gods.

:)

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 01/14/2012, 09:46 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 01/14/2012, 09:33 PM

Yeah, I should probably stop drinking soda altogether, but it is the carbonated beverage of the Gods.

:)
I thought that was beer, which is another thread...

RegalSin

Did you know that Pepsi and coca-cola are the two biggest softdrinks competitors? Between the two of them they own every other softdrink you can even think of. By own, I mean they collect profits on almost any other fluid drink you could possible think of. Just do a search and eventually you will end with the two giants.
IMGIMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 01/14/2012, 09:33 PMI think It was the experiment my Auto-Tech instructor showed me in high school where It ate the paint off of a Volvo.
As will the citric acid in citrus fruit... and your stomach acid.  Don't be a pussy!

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 08:51 AMDid you know that Pepsi and coca-cola are the two biggest softdrinks competitors?
Stop the presses!  When did this happen?!?

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 08:51 AMBetween the two of them they own every other softdrink you can even think of. By own, I mean they collect profits on almost any other fluid drink you could possible think of. Just do a search and eventually you will end with the two giants.
I guess you've never heard of the Dr. Pepper/Snapple group, all alcoholic beverage manufacturers, or the plethora of independent bottlers that make boutique brands and store brands.

RegalSin

I just do not drink these anymore. Phuck ishbay...........
IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/16/2012, 12:14 PMI guess you've never heard of the Dr. Pepper/Snapple group,
yeah but in teh Europe, I think Coca Cora Co. is involved.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Here too. Coca-Cola Corp and Pepsico both bottle and distribute other brands that they normally do not handle in the USA proper.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Shrapnoid

Dr. Pepper isn't a cola.

blueraven

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 08:51 AMDid you know that Pepsi and coca-cola are the two biggest softdrinks competitors? Between the two of them they own every other softdrink you can even think of. By own, I mean they collect profits on almost any other fluid drink you could possible think of. Just do a search and eventually you will end with the two giants.
RC Cola is CLEARLY not owned by them. lrn2google.

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 01:26 PMI just do not drink these anymore. Phuck ishbay...........
Wrong thread. The Xanax must be kicking in.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 01/27/2012, 07:40 PMDr. Pepper isn't a cola.
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

IMG

Shrapnoid

Quote from: blueraven on 01/29/2012, 12:52 PM
Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 08:51 AMDid you know that Pepsi and coca-cola are the two biggest softdrinks competitors? Between the two of them they own every other softdrink you can even think of. By own, I mean they collect profits on almost any other fluid drink you could possible think of. Just do a search and eventually you will end with the two giants.

Quote from: RegalSin on 01/16/2012, 01:26 PMI just do not drink these anymore. Phuck ishbay...........

IMG
Haaaaa! That's classic! I loved that commercial when I was a kid! And I like Dr. Pepper too because it's ice-cold and has a nice, refreshing, acidic bite to it and isn't overly sweetened like Mr. Pibb.

A_Locomotive

this is it. Be all end all of cola's, if you didn't get to drink it when it was being made sucks for you.
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 02/04/2012, 04:07 AMthis is it. Be all end all of cola's, if you didn't get to drink it when it was being made sucks for you.
IMG
Red Bull is shit in all forms.

nectarsis

Quote from: blueraven on 01/29/2012, 12:52 PM

IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

A_Locomotive

Quote from: guyjin on 02/04/2012, 11:39 AM
Quote from: A_Locomotive on 02/04/2012, 04:07 AMthis is it. Be all end all of cola's, if you didn't get to drink it when it was being made sucks for you.
IMG
Red Bull is shit in all forms.
This wasn't redbull though, it wasn't an energy drink any more then a coke is. What this was was a very high quality soda where every ingredient save for 1 or two could be bought at the grocery store. These were the ingredients, cola nut, coca leaf extract, galangal, lemon and lime, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pine, field mint, vanilla pods, ginger, mace, cocoa, liquorice, orange, mustard seed.

guyjin

did you miss the part about ALL FORMS?

NecroPhile

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 02/04/2012, 02:58 PMThese were the ingredients, cola nut, coca leaf extract, galangal, lemon and lime, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pine, field mint, vanilla pods, ginger, mace, cocoa, liquorice, orange, mustard seed.
No carbonated water, eh?  Sounds kinda dry and not so refreshing.

Arkhan Asylum

Red Bull cola is so shitty the dollar star marked it down to 40 cents and I bought a bunch

I took a few sips and threw the rest against a wall.

It's terrible.  Tastes like a frozen coke after you let it melt, and then drink it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/06/2012, 02:07 PMI took a few sips and threw the rest against a wall.
You are clearly not an adult and are likely a part of the system.  [-(

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 03:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 02:07 PMI took a few sips and threw the rest against a wall.
You are clearly not an adult and are likely a part of the system.  [-(
Perhaps his dad IS a cell phone   :-k
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

YEAH HE VIBRATES IN MY PANTS ALO... OH WAIT.

roflmao

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/06/2012, 03:21 PMPerhaps his dad IS a cell phone   :-k
lol

"I'm an adult!"

esteban

IMG

I was watching Project Runway! Hence the model on the TV.

Alt-Nintega

RC is the most underrated cola. It's much better than Pepsi and it's even with Coca Cola.

guyjin

Quote from: esteban on 02/12/2012, 03:10 AMI was watching Project Runway! Hence the model on the TV.
project runway does not obey. FAIL.

esteban

Quote from: guyjin on 02/12/2012, 05:58 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/12/2012, 03:10 AMI was watching Project Runway! Hence the model on the TV.
project runway does not obey. FAIL.
If only that were true! PCE obeys Project Runway, 4eva.

soop

English coke is made from sugar.  Ice cold, it can't be beat.

Though there's this burger joint that imports all its soda from Turkey or something, and that coke tastes like crap.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

RegalSin

All Cola and soft-drinks are crap, end of dicussion. They are filled with sugar that damages the bones over time, and the carbon destorys the healthy stuff in burgers.
IMGIMG

soop

Quote from: RegalSin on 02/13/2012, 07:36 AMAll Cola and soft-drinks are crap, end of dicussion. They are filled with sugar that damages the bones over time, and the carbon destorys the healthy stuff in burgers.
They are fairly bad for you, but they taste good.  I think this thread is more about the best flavour.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: soop on 02/13/2012, 07:54 AM
Quote from: RegalSin on 02/13/2012, 07:36 AMAll Cola and soft-drinks are crap, end of dicussion. They are filled with sugar that damages the bones over time, and the carbon destorys the healthy stuff in burgers.
They are fairly bad for you, but they taste good.  I think this thread is more about the best flavour.
yeah, what he said.

we all know they are bad for you.