OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

$85 manual???

Started by hoobs88, 04/07/2009, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynastic-Hero-Instruction-Manual-Turbo-Grafx-16-Duo_W0QQitemZ190299047642QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38583QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty sure I could figure out what the D-pad and 2 buttons do without spending that kind of money for an instruction manual (regardless of how rare it is).
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

jperryss

Yeah most of his prices are a joke.

albinoMithos

Lame, but on the other hand oompa loompas are awesome!

Sinistron

This is where some of you insane collector types get the royal shafting for a couple of sheets of paper.  :-({|=
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

Surprise, pompousparson is price gouging.  One recently sold for $32 (no reserve and started low), so he's obviously well over double the 'real' value.

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/07/2009, 11:49 AMThis is where some of you insane collector types get the royal shafting for a couple of sheets of paper.  :-({|=
Settle down, Zeta.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sinistron

Hey man everything bugs that guy- I pick my pet peeves.  :-"

Personally though if I had the manual- I'd get rid of it- and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to charging anything over 10$ for an instruction manual- that's just bad karma.

EDIT

Lemme edit this sucker again- I realize I'm kind of contradicting myself here as its the CD games (which Dynastic most assuredly is) that I like complete with manuals (no boxes though- that's overkill to me).  The hucards I like loose of course.  Still though- I'd refuse to buy a manual going for over 10$ on principle.  I'd feel a bit like a mark.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Sinistron on 04/07/2009, 11:56 AMHey man everything bugs that guy- I pick my pet peeves.  :-"

Personally though if I had the manual- I'd get rid of it- and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to charging anything over 10$ for an instruction manual- that's just bad karma.

EDIT

Lemme edit this sucker again- I realize I'm kind of contradicting myself here as its the CD games (which Dynastic most assuredly is) that I like complete with manuals (no boxes though- that's overkill to me).  The hucards I like loose of course.  Still though- I'd refuse to buy a manual going for over 10$ on principle.  I'd feel a bit like a mark.

I like to have the case and manual for hueys, but I can deal with loosey gooseys. But CDs must be complete (minus box). It's just not right having a naked CD.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

boogiecat

This is too expensive.. [-X

Arkhan Asylum

dudes smoking some reefer.

id rather get a pdf , print it high quality, and pretend its real.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

I have one of these for sale. Tell you what, I'll cut the great patrons of the PCEFX forums a deal and let it go for only $70. Go ahead and Paypal me the funds right away. You can thank me later.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Press_Run

Quote from: guest on 04/07/2009, 11:51 AMSurprise, pompousparson is price gouging.  One recently sold for $32 (no reserve and started low), so he's obviously well over double the 'real' value.
I think he's the one who won it. :lol:

Not surprising pompous puts it that high when his feedback showcases the biggest list of idiots this side of the evolution ladder. (I would go far back but I didn't want to insult the monkeys.  :D)

Dark Fact

$85? Is that manual covered in 14K gold in something? :roll:
Quote from: natI have one of these for sale. Tell you what, I'll cut the great patrons of the PCEFX forums a deal and let it go for only $70. Go ahead and Paypal me the funds right away. You can thank me later.
Depends.  Does it come with a cheeseburger and a side of fries?
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

blueraven

He's also selling N64 controllers for $20-30 shipped  :roll:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 05/30/2009, 02:00 PMHe's also selling N64 controllers for $20-30 shipped  :roll:
Well, that's because the N64 controllers are teh best evAR.  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/30/2009, 04:15 PMWell, that's because the N64 controllers are teh best evAR.  :P
:-&

Mathius

Quote from: Press_Run on 04/18/2009, 08:26 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/07/2009, 11:51 AMSurprise, pompousparson is price gouging.  One recently sold for $32 (no reserve and started low), so he's obviously well over double the 'real' value.

Not surprising pompous puts it that high when his feedback showcases the biggest list of idiots this side of the evolution ladder. (I would go far back but I didn't want to insult the monkeys.  :D)
HEY! I am one of those monkeys I guess. He sold me my Turbo CD attachment W/ case for $145, which isn't too bad. I also got excellent editions of Air Zonk and Ys Books I and II together for a cool $80.

I am not standing up for the guy. Some of his prices are too high. But if you email him and get to know the guy, he'll make you deals :D

RoyVegas

Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2009, 12:11 PM

HEY! I am one of those monkeys I guess. He sold me my Turbo CD attachment W/ case for $145, which isn't too bad. I also got excellent editions of Air Zonk and Ys Books I and II together for a cool $80.

I am not standing up for the guy. Some of his prices are too high. But if you email him and get to know the guy, he'll make you deals :D
I've actually raised this point a few times.  Every time I have dealt with him he has lowered his prices.  You just have to ask.
All is well. :)

Mathius

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/04/2009, 06:40 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2009, 12:11 PM

I've actually raised this point a few times.  Every time I have dealt with him he has lowered his prices.  You just have to ask.
He knew I wanted a Super System Card but I wouldn't nor couldn't pay what most sellers wanted. So he bid and won an auction for me and sold it to me for what he paid to get it. Cost me $59 :D

Mathius

BTW-That copy of Ys was the retail version with back insert. :D

Dark Fact

Quote from: MathiusI am not standing up for the guy. Some of his prices are too high. But if you email him and get to know the guy, he'll make you deals :D
Sure, I can make him a deal he can't refuse.  Give me the systems and I won't break his kneecaps. :twisted:

By the way, Mathius, you sure love using ":D" a lot, don't you? :lol:
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Mathius

My God, your right, I do. Oh well, no reason to stop now :D

Dark Fact

Hey, using :D does seem pretty satisfying. :D

Look at those pearly whites. :D

Mathius

Quote from: Dark Fact on 07/03/2009, 10:11 AMHey, using :D does seem pretty satisfying. :D

Look at those pearly whites. :D
HA! Nice and sparkly :D

blueraven

:-s

I see we have descended into emoticon hell.

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2009, 10:27 PMid rather get a pdf , print it high quality, and pretend its real.
$85 buys a carload of beer. Or a class at community college. Priorities.

Dark Fact

$85 can also net you a 15" monitor. :)

omotai

Quote from: blueraven on 07/04/2009, 05:56 AM:-s

I see we have descended into emoticon hell.

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2009, 10:27 PMid rather get a pdf , print it high quality, and pretend its real.
$85 buys a carload of beer. Or a class at community college. Priorities.
More like a third of a class these days.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

Quote from: omotai on 07/06/2009, 09:00 PMMore like a third of a class these days.
Counting books, your right!  :-k

Turbo D

$240 for 12 units @ $20 a unit. Around $400 or more on books. lol. These prices are for my JC. Also, per unit price is going up in spring :(
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

blueraven

Up to 26 a unit, $312 for 12 units up here, plus $485 in books I bought online for $125.  ](*,) :-k

The textbooks I buy look like the 99c Library-Sale special.

termis

Man, I WISH I was paying California JC fees -- I just paid AUD$10,000 for my next semester's classes. (and that's only 4/5 of recommended full-time load)  :cry:

I took it for granted when I went to junior college in Cali, but I've since learned that JC fees in California are beyond dirt cheap.  In most parts of the world, 2-yr college classes costs about 10x times that.  I paid $13 a unit when I was going to junior college there, and even that was written off because I was below a certain income threshold level.

blueraven

Quote from: termis on 09/07/2009, 05:17 AMMan, I WISH I was paying California JC fees -- I just paid AUD$10,000 for my next semester's classes. (and that's only 4/5 of recommended full-time load)  :cry:
Wow. When I attended jc/tech school in other parts of the country, I was paying much, much more for tuition. It was comprable to that in Colorado. But not that expensive.

Quote from: termis on 09/07/2009, 05:17 AMI took it for granted when I went to junior college in Cali, but I've since learned that JC fees in California are beyond dirt cheap.  In most parts of the world, 2-yr college classes costs about 10x times that.  I paid $13 a unit when I was going to junior college there, and even that was written off because I was below a certain income threshold level.
I think it's safe to say that a good majority of students take their schooling much more seriously when they go back. I know that's definitely my case. :)

termis

Quote from: blueraven on 09/08/2009, 02:04 AM
Quote from: termis on 09/07/2009, 05:17 AMMan, I WISH I was paying California JC fees -- I just paid AUD$10,000 for my next semester's classes. (and that's only 4/5 of recommended full-time load)  :cry:
Wow. When I attended jc/tech school in other parts of the country, I was paying much, much more for tuition. It was comprable to that in Colorado. But not that expensive.
Ah, my tuition is now for postgrad stuff, so what I spent isn't comparable to JC tuition, but still, for full-time TAFE colleges (community college equivalent) programs here, one will need to spend a few grand for a year to two's worth of tuition.  At least a few grand was also about what one would expect to spend for a JC-level program when I was living up in Canada (in Calgary, at least).

blueraven

Quote from: termis on 09/08/2009, 06:51 AMAh, my tuition is now for postgrad stuff, so what I spent isn't comparable to JC tuition, but still, for full-time TAFE colleges (community college equivalent) programs here, one will need to spend a few grand for a year to two's worth of tuition.  At least a few grand was also about what one would expect to spend for a JC-level program when I was living up in Canada (in Calgary, at least).
That makes sense. When you get to a 4-year University the rates go up exponentially. More so for the UC schools; and they require 3 times as many books plus a hefty list of prerequisites. There is also a freeze on JC transfer students due to class overcrowding and our budget crisis.