Need some China Warrior tips.

Started by Ultra Luigi, 05/03/2009, 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultra Luigi

If you guys wouldn't mind, I really need some boss tips for the game China Warrior. The bosses I'm having the most trouble on are the Bruce Lee clones (yeah I know that's not him). Those are the only bosses I can't figure out a pattern where I won't receive damage. The only way I could beat them is if I get to them with enough energy, and I'll exchange hits back and forth. There's got to be a better way to beat them without getting hit.

I also managed to get to the drunken master at 4-3. That was a big surprise haha. Too bad my health is so low by the time I get to him that I don't have enough health to take him out. It's a good thing the jump kick actually works against him but damn I hate that his health replenishes when he drinks. XD

Alright so any game tips would be appreciated.

Arkhan Asylum

you want to hit everything possible on your way to the bosses and get powered up as hell.

you know you have a special punch right?!

If you are using turbo mode you wont do it....

press forward + punch and drop that bruce lee wannabe like a bad habit!  :twisted:

its imperative that you learn to use that move well, as turbo-button rape doesnt always work :)

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ultra Luigi

So that's how you do a super punch. That really helped me out. I finally managed to beat the game. I didn't know the drunken master was the final boss. It's funny that although there's other acts, the high score caps at 999,999 and your lives will be left blank after you get more than 9. You'd think they would be able to put more than that. I got to Act 3, stage 4-3 and lost to the final boss.

Again thanks a lot Arkhan.

Arkhan Asylum

:)

Its an early game.   They probably didn't expect people to get more than 10 lives. heh

Glad you beat it though!  China warrior is a sweet game.  Its one of my favorites believe it or not
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Vic Viper

Here are my China Warrior tips:

-sell it on ebay
-use it for a coaster
-use it for target practice
-if you ever wondered what a hu-card looks like on the inside, pry it open
 :lol:

If you actually like playing China Warrior, more power to ya, but I think it is one of the very worst games I have ever played for any system.  It was one of the first Turbo games I bought, and it was the first one I sold.

Arkhan Asylum

given its release date, you ever see an nes game with sprites that big?

diiiiidnt think so.

genesis had altered beast as a comparison.

Tatsujin

fully agree with arkhan. can't understand why that sweety gets so much hate :cry:

that game was just the uber awesome back then, and really showed that the PCE is an arcade like system, which against the NES etc. looked like a tomy toy for 3 years old.

if you liked kung-fu on nes, you have to love that one. of course the game has its funny moments as well :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

OOLONG TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Turbo D

I always enjoyed China Warrior. heh. I mainly play it on my TE while on the crapper! :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Vic Viper

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2009, 12:38 AMgiven its release date, you ever see an nes game with sprites that big?

diiiiidnt think so.

Big sprites?  Big deal!  Come on, how can that be enough of a reason to like a game?  Especially when the gameplay is so awful.  For me, the slow responsiveness of the controls, dull repetition, and lack of different attacks made China Warrior no fun whatsoever to play.

NecroPhile

I'm not much of a China Warrior fan, but to say that it's among the worst console games of all time is quite a stretch.  Admittedly, the controls are kinda clumsy and the gameplay a bit shallow, but at least it's playable and challenging without being unfair; if you want to see truly worthless crap, go play Genpei Toumaden or Turrican.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Vic Viper on 05/04/2009, 11:05 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/04/2009, 12:38 AMgiven its release date, you ever see an nes game with sprites that big?

diiiiidnt think so.

Big sprites?  Big deal!  Come on, how can that be enough of a reason to like a game?  Especially when the gameplay is so awful.  For me, the slow responsiveness of the controls, dull repetition, and lack of different attacks made China Warrior no fun whatsoever to play.
lame.  On NES, that mediocre, non flashy, near pointless game, "Kung Fu" is all acclaimed and all the retr01337z are like OMG KUNG FU FOR LIFE.  BEST ACTION GAME ON NES EVER.

China Warrior is the same thing with better graphics, music, and flow.   I don't see sunsets happen as you walk in Kung Fu.

I don't know about unresponsive controls.  I always thought they were fine.  I can beat the entire like first two levels without being hit, so I don't think they are unresponsive.

Ultra Luigi

I think Kung Fu is all nostalgia. It's a very overrated game in my opinion. While I'm not going to say that China Warrior is better than Kung Fu because it isn't, it's still pretty good for what it is. I didn't think the controls were a problem, if I made mistakes it was due to my controller not the game.

Hey I made a no-death run of the game. There's only review videos of it so I thought I would do this game a favor by recording a decent run and sharing it there. Critique would be nice Arkhan.

First Half
Second Half
At least it's longer than Vigilante. You can beat that game in less than 10 minutes.

Tatsujin

nice run :)

and again great game. such le fun!! just a classec!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Oddly enough, Vigilante is another one of my favorites, lol.

Very nice run btw.

I like to go thru the game punching and kicking to the beat of the music as much as possible.  Its fun.

Ultra Luigi

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2009, 11:41 AMAdmittedly, the controls are kinda clumsy and the gameplay a bit shallow, but at least it's playable and challenging without being unfair; if you want to see truly worthless crap, go play Genpei Toumaden or Turrican.
I wouldn't put Turrican as worthless crap (I've played worse) but it's certainly down there. The first time I ever played it was on the Genesis. I tried it once, thought it was crap and didn't play it until I heard that Super Turrican came out on the Virtual Console. Surprisingly, the reviews of Super Turrican were very good and I thought that I might have misjudged Turrican so I tried to play it again. That didn't happen because the cartridge literally died on me. I tried cleaning it and no luck, then I opened it and the insides had rust.

It wasn't until two weeks ago that I got the Turbo version. After beating the game, my first impression wasn't far off. It's still a pretty bad game. Forget it being unfair, it's flat out BS most of the time. The only forgivable thing about it is that there were plenty of 1ups around, if you could find them. If it weren't for the buzz saw, the bosses would be nearly impossible to beat. Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing it for a good while lol.

@Arkhan: I like Vigilante a lot too.

Arkhan Asylum

Turrican is trash in any form.

I never understood why it is so acclaimed.  The music is good, and the game is awful.