@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Happy Day!

Started by RoyVegas, 05/05/2009, 01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

So I run into a guy at the post office the other day when I was shipping out a Sega CDX i sold on eBay.  I get talking to him and tell him I am really a Turbografx nut.  So he says he has a TG CD in his shed.  I asked him if he was interested in selling it and he said sure.  So he calls me today and says he pulled it out but doesn't have an A/C adapter to test it.  I ask him how much he wants for it and he says $100 for the TG-16, the CD and 10 games.   So I tell him I have a A/C to test it and to just bring it over. 

He brings it to my house and I hook it up.  It has power but the CD wont spin.  I play with it a little bit but cant get it working.  I told him I wasn't willing to pay $100 for it not working.  So he says ok, give me $40.  I agree to give him $40 and pay him.  I play with it a little more but still cant get it to work.  Sooooo I call up Windancer and ask him if he has any ideas since Im clueless and have never opened a CD up before.  So I open it up and Windancer guides me along with what to look for and what to do.  He tells me to take the gear and spin it so the laser moves all the way to one end.  Which I did.  I put it all back together and plugged it all in and BINGO!  So $40 into it and less than 10 minutes worth of work and I have a new treasure!  So ended up with an entire TG-16 CD setup with 10 games for $40!

So I cleaned everything up and tried to plug it in and it was stuck again.  I opened it back up again and moved the laser and once again it worked just fine.  What type of lubricant should I put on it so it wont stick?

Thanks Windancer!
All is well. :)

Windancer

This was an awesome find man! Damn why cant I have that kind of luck! I need to hangout at the post office more often  :lol:

Press_Run

Two thumbs up, roy!  :dance:

Better than my $60 TurboCD find. What goodies did get with the system?

NecroPhile

Dang fine deal there!  What games did you get?

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2009, 01:08 AMWhat type of lubricant should I put on it so it wont stick?
Some people suggest using vegetable oil, but I'd be afraid to use anything biological; it'll eventually decompose and turn rancid, so I'd rather use some clear machine oil (like sewing machine oil).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkky!  ](*,)

noone here has these kind of toys
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

WOW!!!  :shock: :shock:

That's amazing luck Vegas! You should head straight for some slot machines with the extra $60 you saved. lol  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2009, 10:28 AMDang fine deal there!  What games did you get?

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2009, 01:08 AMWhat type of lubricant should I put on it so it wont stick?
Some people suggest using vegetable oil, but I'd be afraid to use anything biological; it'll eventually decompose and turn rancid, so I'd rather use some clear machine oil (like sewing machine oil).
I will post the games when I get home.  I'm currently at work.  :)

RoyVegas

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/05/2009, 11:34 AMWOW!!!  :shock: :shock:

That's amazing luck Vegas! You should head straight for some slot machines with the extra $60 you saved. lol  :P
I had that in mind.  Then I realized I have one in my living room.  Gave it a few pulls and lost.  Hey I may not ever win anything but at least I don't lose anything either!  HAHAHA

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2009, 12:38 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/05/2009, 11:34 AMWOW!!!  :shock: :shock:

I had that in mind.  Then I realized I have one in my living room.  Gave it a few pulls and lost.  Hey I may not ever win anything but at least I don't lose anything either!  HAHAHA
:lol:
IMG

Sparky

nice!!! that is great luck!!!!& ya let us  know the games you got man :)

Dark Fact

You, my friend, got a really really good deal on that system.  I probably would've paid the guy $100 whether the damn CD drive spinned or not. ](*,)
Quote from: RoyVegasI had that in mind.  Then I realized I have one in my living room.  Gave it a few pulls and lost.  Hey I may not ever win anything but at least I don't lose anything either!  HAHAHA
I prefer Pachislos myself.  They have the same functionality as regular slot machines but have additional interactive features that really make playing the machines more fun. :)
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

RoyVegas

Ok so here is the list off stuff that I actually got.

1. 2.0 System Card
2. Turbografx-16 and plugins
3. Turbografx CD and docking station
4. 1 controller
5. Keith Courage
6. Vigilante
7. Jack Nicklaus Turbo Golf
8. Blazing Lazers
9. Final Lap Twin
10. Dragon Spirit
11. Double Dungeons
12. Victory Run
13. Takin' it to the Hoop
14. Monster Lair

Granted the games aren't top notch but still a hell of a deal.

Ceti Alpha

Final Lap Twin and Blazing Lazers are nice grabs, not to mention Monster Lair. Those games alone for 40 bucks wouldn't be shocking, but a TGCD unit to boot?!  =P~ Very nice.
IMG

Dark Fact

Post pics if you can. :) I wanna see that sucker for myself.
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: Dark Fact on 05/06/2009, 10:53 PMPost pics if you can. :) I wanna see that sucker for myself.
If you or anyone wants to PM me how to post pics I will happily post my collection :P

Press_Run

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/06/2009, 11:45 PM
Quote from: Dark Fact on 05/06/2009, 10:53 PMPost pics if you can. :) I wanna see that sucker for myself.
If you or anyone wants to PM me how to post pics I will happily post my collection :P
Eh....guy here. Post his collection in a countdown game by game. Is any of this ringing bells? /sarcasm

I'll send you a pm tomorrow explaining how.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Press_Run on 05/07/2009, 12:56 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/06/2009, 11:45 PM
Eh....guy here. Post his collection in a countdown game by game. Is any of this ringing bells? /sarcasm

I'll send you a pm tomorrow explaining how.
Ah, but I dont want to post them as i get them game by game, just a pic of what i have :P

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/06/2009, 11:45 PMIf you or anyone wants to PM me how to post pics I will happily post my collection :P
Create an account at Image Shack (or similar such site), upload your pics to said site, copy the link provided and paste it into a thread.  VoilĂ !  :dance:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dark Fact

I use Photobucket myself.  Very good image upload site with a very user friendly interface. :D