@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Fair Price for Ys III

Started by TheMilford, 05/09/2009, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMilford

Complete in case (no box)... is it worth $44 shipped?

I got an offer from a fellow eBayer that I sell and trade with.

Haven't seen one for less than $50 in a while.

Just curious... Should I grab it?

Duo_R

EDIT: Correction - the game was $39.99 and $4 shipping

Quotegot mine for 30 i think with a "best offer"
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

TheMilford

Quote from: Duo_R on 05/09/2009, 01:31 PMgot mine for 30 i think with a "best offer"
shipped?

Duo_R

haha actually it was $44 shipped. It isn't like "crazy deal" but I think it was worth the price at the time (November 08). So I would go for it!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

CrackTiger

It's definitely worth it. Most copies are held for ransome nowadays and don't usually include the box. You can get a copy of various completeness for less eventually, but if you want it now you should buy it. You're certainly not getting ripped off. If I needed a complete copy right now, I'd be glad to pay that.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sparky

i bought mine from Old Rover on here for about $38 so that price seems ok to me.  Its a goooooood game

Turbo D

All of the afore mentioned prices seem reasonable imo. I paid around that for a new/sealed on in '07, but nowadays a new/sealed one sells for $100! Ya, idk why. lol. I never opened it as I received a loose copy in a lot I bought around the same time! rofl. I guess the sealed one is my retirement fund. Anyways, the gamestore by my hoose sells it for $50, so consider yourselves lucky; but not as lucky as me! :P :lol: :dance:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Bludgeon

Id be more than willing to pay 50 for a complete Ys 3 but two games on the top of my list is Order of the Griffon complete and Devils Crush(Case,no case but would really need that plastic sleeve for safe keeping) after my TD and TE are repaired.

Windancer

Quote from: Bludgeon on 06/24/2009, 10:40 AMId be more than willing to pay 50 for a complete Ys 3 but two games on the top of my list is Order of the Griffon complete and Devils Crush(Case,no case but would really need that plastic sleeve for safe keeping) after my TD and TE are repaired.
Order of the griffon is pretty good. I like the game oldschool RPG with a bit military strat thrown in pretty cool.

blueraven

I paid $15 plus 6 shipping from Japan for a Japanese Version. I have seen the american version of y's III complete go on eBay for (on average) about $40 plus shipping. I've seen better copies (mint) go for $50.

$44 shipped is good.

hoobs88

Can you read Japanese, Blueraven? Or is the game playable without having to read text?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/25/2009, 02:01 PMCan you read Japanese, Blueraven? Or is the game playable without having to read text?
It's just about as playable in japanese as in english. The main difference is the lack of crappy voice acting.

It's super linear and there's only one or two spots that you might need a point in the right direction. But the english version rarely gives you tips anyway. Chances are anyone interested in the Turbo/PCE version has already played the game for Genesis or SNES.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/25/2009, 02:01 PMCan you read Japanese, Blueraven? Or is the game playable without having to read text?
It's very playable.  CrackTiger is 100% right. A few spots are tricky but very playable.

I have a good understanding of Katakana and Hiragana, Japanese 1 & 2 in college. My Kanji understanding is horrible. I can conjugate words and sentences worse than your average Japanese preschooler. I'm making an attempt right now to rectify this.