RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Complete U.S. Turbografx-16/CD Collection Pics

Started by RoyVegas, 05/30/2009, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Instead of posting a rediculous amount of pics of my collection, I put them up on photobucket if anyone cares to look.  Some of the pics show the games with a missing item and if you click on the pic you should be able to see the notes.  If I missed posting something thats missing in the notes please let me know. 

My TG-16 Collection
All is well. :)

blueraven

Well done! I have virtually no American turbo games, so this was a lesson in cover art for me!

=D>

exile

Nice to know you got most of the rare expensive games out of the way. How long did it take you to track down syd meads Terra forming? If you don't mind sharing what did it run you? Are you trying to get one of everything including variants?

RoyVegas

Quote from: exile on 06/01/2009, 02:22 AMHow long did it take you to track down syd meads Terra forming?
I got lucky with Terraforming.  I was doing a check of eBay and saw Dynastic Hero and asked him if he would end the auction and sell it to me and if he had any games that he hadn't listed yet.  Surely enough he did.  After seeing what all he had, I ended up buying these from him: Dynastic Hero, Bonk 3 Hucard, Cotton, Syd Meads Terra Forming, Beyond Shadowgate, Dragon Slayer, Vasteel, Timeball (yeah I know, an odd one to see in this list), and a Jap Converter.

Quote from: exile on 06/01/2009, 02:22 AMIf you don't mind sharing what did it run you?
I paid $100 for Terraforming

Quote from: exile on 06/01/2009, 02:22 AMAre you trying to get one of everything including variants?
That would definately be the plan.  Unfortunately I haven't done a whole lot of research on which games have different variations.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Ys I&II retail vs the pack in.   Does anyone know of any others?

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 02:46 PMThat would definately be the plan.  Unfortunately I haven't done a whole lot of research on which games have different variations.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Ys I&II retail vs the pack in.   Does anyone know of any others?
Champions Forever Boxing came with both red and black labels on the HuCard.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2009, 03:57 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 02:46 PMThat would definately be the plan.  Unfortunately I haven't done a whole lot of research on which games have different variations.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Ys I&II retail vs the pack in.   Does anyone know of any others?
Champions Forever Boxing came with both red and black labels on the HuCard.
Excellent!  Thanks for the info.  Anyone else know of any?

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 04:49 PMExcellent!  Thanks for the info.  Anyone else know of any?
This isn't exactly the same thing, but Meteor Blaster DX came in both a regular version and the Signature Edition.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2009, 05:15 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 04:49 PMExcellent!  Thanks for the info.  Anyone else know of any?
This isn't exactly the same thing, but Meteor Blaster DX came in both a regular version and the Signature Edition.
Both were actually released?

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 05:54 PMBoth were actually released?
Yes, but both unofficially of course (just like Implode).  I have one of each because I'm special, by which I mean mentally deficient.

The Signature Edition had a customized message on the title screen, a few graphical tweaks, an extra hidden ship, a hidden demo, and an upgraded version of Loop.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2009, 06:03 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 05:54 PMBoth were actually released?
Yes, but both unofficially of course (just like Implode).  I have one of each because I'm special, by which I mean mentally deficient.

The Signature Edition had a customized message on the title screen, a few graphical tweaks, an extra hidden ship, a hidden demo, and an upgraded version of Loop.
Once again NecroPhile is a wealth of knowledge!  Thanks for the input.  I can't say that I have ever heard about this before.  Was the cover art any different than the regular version?

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 06:24 PMWas the cover art any different than the regular version?
Nope, they used the same manual and liner sheet; the only difference being that a sticker was added to the manual cover and the inside cover was hand numbered and signed (linked pics aren't mine, so thanks to Bill and Christina).

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2009, 09:28 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/01/2009, 06:24 PMWas the cover art any different than the regular version?
Nope, they used the same manual and liner sheet; the only difference being that a sticker was added to the manual cover and the inside cover was hand numbered and signed (linked pics aren't mine, so thanks to Bill and Christina).
Damn, chances are that I can't get a copy then.  At least not very easily.

VestCunt

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/02/2009, 03:53 PMDamn, chances are that I can't get a copy then.  At least not very easily.
Yeah, MBSE could be a very tough one to find.  The last one listed started at $499 BIN.  Thinking it was worth about $30 and the price was completely insane, I made a thread making fun of the seller, who eventually dropped the BIN price and just auctioned it off.  However, the last laugh was on me when the dude got a shocking $250 for the thing.  To his credit, the seller did a damn fine job on the auction, with an accurate listing, lots pictures, and well-written paragraphs that convincingly hyped the game and explained exactly why it's so rare.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4962.15
Topic Adjourned.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2009, 05:50 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/02/2009, 03:53 PMDamn, chances are that I can't get a copy then.  At least not very easily.
Yeah, MBSE could be a very tough one to find.  The last one listed started at $499 BIN.  Thinking it was worth about $30 and the price was completely insane, I made a thread making fun of the seller, who eventually dropped the BIN price and just auctioned it off.  However, the last laugh was on me when the dude got a shocking $250 for the thing.  To his credit, the seller did a damn fine job on the auction, with an accurate listing, lots pictures, and well-written paragraphs that convincingly hyped the game and explained exactly why it's so rare.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4962.15
Excellent thread there, thanks for linking it.  Always nice to learn a little more.

RoyVegas

Added a few new pics.  Added pics are:

Super System Card 3.0 instructions
Sherlock Holmes notes
Dragon Slayer map
Super Air Zonk - Rockabilly Paradise

RoyVegas

Added:

Magical Chase manual
Ys Book I & II (Retail Version)

Press_Run

Congrats on getting a complete collection.  =D>

How the hell did you get Super Air Zonk? I've looked all the usual spots and could only one without the manual.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Press_Run on 06/05/2009, 10:01 PMCongrats on getting a complete collection.  =D>

How the hell did you get Super Air Zonk? I've looked all the usual spots and could only one without the manual.
Response to this sent in PM since they have a couple games you might like.