Ebay Douchebags....The ones to avoid!

Started by override, 07/02/2009, 02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

override

I recently won a couple games from ebay from the seller perfectera....The guy has been formative all the way up until after I moved. I dont know if he is trying to rip me off or has had a life crisis confront him. All I do know is after actually reviewing his feedback ratings I realize this sleezebag has obviously ripped several others off. I am really hoping he pulls through on these purchases because I seem to have gotten them for a good price!

The last email I recieved from him was about me asking him to end an auction early cause it had three days left and I wanted the auction so I sent him an offer and he "replied no I would rather wait it out cause I think it will get higher than what you offered."

I said that is fine then just send me an invoice for the total I owe you now with combined shipping and Ill pay you!

It has been 4 days now and still no response back from him. I have emailed him everyday asking for the invoice and my last email stated this:

After going through and carefully studying your feedback I realize that you seem to have ripped off several people....Im sorry but I must say that if you cant get back to me with an invoice on the total amount and have the items shipped to me then I will be forced to report this to ebay...Im not trying to be an asshole but I have held up my end of the bargain so far and have kept you informed about me moving and when you will recieve payment. Its time to withhold yoru end and send me an invoice so i can pay and get these items!

Thanks,
Robert

Art of Fighting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250445544883

Bonks Revenge
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250446913927

Far East of Eden
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250446921352

Dragon Slayer :Legend of Heroes 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250446922880
IMG

BlackandBlue

Well, the good thing is that you haven't paid him yet.  But, by calling him out, he probably wont try hard to help you. 

I had bid on a few of his items before.  Each time I was outbid by the same "person" and he sent me a 2nd chance offer some a ridiculous amount.  I just ignored him and stopped bidding on his stuff.  But, I would avoid him from now on and hopefully everyone else does too after your run in with him.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

override

Well I check my email this afternoon and he sent me this.......Fucking crap if you ask me. I sent him one back saying if you can get on the pc to send me that email then why not go ahead and send me an invoice aswell?

Dear xatax,

My computer has problem and runs very slow. Don't guess anything before you can proof it. I will send you invoice soon.
- perfectera

I sent him one back saying if you can get on the pc to send me that email then why not go ahead and send me an invoice aswell?
IMG

NecroPhile

What a douche, though it looks like all the info. needed to figure your total cost is in the auction listings (based on shipping to my zip and without the optional insurance, I came up with a grand total of $65.31).  I'd wait five days and then report him to ebay.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

override

Quote from: guest on 07/02/2009, 02:03 PMWhat a douche, though it looks like all the info. needed to figure your total cost is in the auction listings (based on shipping to my zip and without the optional insurance, I came up with a grand total of $65.31).  I'd wait five days and then report him to ebay.
I can figure up my own total but at checkout he has set to not allow people to change the shipping charges etc. SO I cant change the shipping to be combined.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: override on 07/02/2009, 02:09 PMI can figure up my own total but at checkout he has set to not allow people to change the shipping charges etc. SO I cant change the shipping to be combined.
Gotcha.

gekioh

Aaahhh man, looks like you got suckered dude. I just recently got something from him as well. I have to say I was greatly displeased w/ most aspects of the auction. Shipping was super fast is about all i can say even though it was sent 1st class instead of priority like paid for. It came just as Hucard only which he failed to mention in listing yet has a pic to make one assume it is complete(had close up pic of what should be the front cover of manual.) Plus the hu card was really yellowed yet he said it was perfect shape. I havent left feedback yet but noiw i think i will be elaving a negative seeing as another one has been misteated by this looser seller.

override

Quote from: gekioh on 07/03/2009, 01:40 AMAaahhh man, looks like you got suckered dude. I just recently got something from him as well. I have to say I was greatly displeased w/ most aspects of the auction. Shipping was super fast is about all i can say even though it was sent 1st class instead of priority like paid for. It came just as Hucard only which he failed to mention in listing yet has a pic to make one assume it is complete(had close up pic of what should be the front cover of manual.) Plus the hu card was really yellowed yet he said it was perfect shape. I havent left feedback yet but noiw i think i will be elaving a negative seeing as another one has been misteated by this looser seller.
Im sorry to hear about your misfortune with this seller! According to his feedback he has done that several times shipping what was not described!

He seems to have a waving pattern much like the economy...Almost like hes in his own little world. He does good for a bit and then has a shit ton of negative then he gets positives again then another shit ton of negatives....I wish I would have read his feedback before bidding.
IMG

override

Well this douchebad will never see my business again....I hope he actually ships me the games.

He is charging me $23 dollars shipping and handleing.

Fucking rediculous!

He should be able to ship these games in a priority box for less than $15 packaged up really well!
IMG

nectarsis

Hmm I'd think about possibly not paying..WAY over charging on shipping..and he listed another Tengai Makyo (same pics as your auction).  Shady to say the least...
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

override

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/03/2009, 04:16 AMHmm I'd think about possibly not paying..WAY over charging on shipping..and he listed another Tengai Makyo (same pics as your auction).  Shady to say the least...
Well as much as I dont and didnt want to i paid him his fucking money....I better recieve my items or I will be calling up ebay and paypal and making a huge complaint on this guy. FUCKING PRICK is what he is.

I asked him about those he relisted so we will see what he says.
IMG

Windancer

this guy has been selling cosmic fantasy  and Turrican forever I bid on them twice and was outbid by the same person just to have this seller put them back up for bid a day later. I reported the guy for shill bidding. cosmic fantasy didnt go over 5 dollars nor did the turrican. I think he still has those games up for sale.

gekioh

Hmmm yeah, it definately seems this poop-head(  =D>)lol, is not worth the time of day. Man $23 shipping, thtas outrageous, He charged me $7.99 for a fucking Hu card and when I asked about it and complained he said he's sending it priority, and yet when i receive it, it showed 1st class mail, what a douche. All though I absolutely hate stereo-types of all types and I probably shouldnt say this, this guy seems pretty stereo-typical asian who does business. Thats not to say they are all like that, I know plenty who are very well rounded and honest in all aspects, but this guys clearly is stingy w/money. And dont give a damn about it.

override

Well I ran into another ebay douche!

This time its another jap guy by the name of tokyotoyfactory. CLICKY

I bought this the other day and emailed the guy back and forth a couple of times....Well he emailed me today or this am should I say and sent me link to his paypal and said that I had to pay him another $12 for shipping for me to get the package EMS.....His auction clearly states, and is obviously misleading, that EMS 5 days with tracking number and the price of shipping shows $4!

He is telling me "unless I pay he wont ship"....I told him "Im reporting his ass" and he's like "I dont care, do what you want to....Im still not shipping."

:x DOUCHEBAG!!!!!  :-#
IMG

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Otaking

I've had massive, massive problems with Tokyo Toy Factory he's a seriously dodgy seller  :evil: , avoid buying from him under all circumstances, basically he somehow manages to get all of his negative feedback removed?? when I left him negative feedback (which got removed  ](*,) ) I got loads of messages from other buyers he had ripped off as ebay had removed all their neg feeback they'd left aswell.
Maybe a new thread should be started to avoid this douche ripping off more people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

override

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 07/07/2009, 08:58 AMMan, you have no luck.
Tell me about it!

Im having such bad luck that I might retitle this thread......."overrides run in with ebay douchebags. A life story in itself!" lol
IMG

override

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/07/2009, 09:29 AMI've had massive, massive problems with Tokyo Toy Factory he's a seriously dodgy seller  :evil: , avoid buying from him under all circumstances, basically he somehow manages to get all of his negative feedback removed?? when I left him negative feedback (which got removed  ](*,) ) I got loads of messages from other buyers he had ripped off as ebay had removed all their neg feeback they'd left aswell.
Maybe a new thread should be started to avoid this douche ripping off more people.
Man thats totaly bogus! How the fuck can he get negative feedback removed? Unless he works for ebay or knows someone in the system! That fucking suck....Ill remember to never do business with him again.

Oh and I eventually just told him fuck it if you can ship the fucking thing in a bubblewrapped envelope and refund me my money if anythign happens to it then ship the damn thing.....So he supposedly says he will ship it now in a bubblewrap airmail envelope.
IMG

BlackandBlue

Sounds like it is time for an "eBay avoid list" sticky thread.

override

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 07/07/2009, 06:30 PMSounds like it is time for an "eBay avoid list" sticky thread.
I agree! I wonder if aaron would sticky this? I will PM him and ask!
IMG

blueraven

A logical solution would be to create a list of known scam artists and post their userid's for all far and wide to see. I'll volunteer to compile the list and post it in the appropriate place it this hasn't already been done.

BlackandBlue

Quote from: blueraven on 07/08/2009, 02:45 AMA logical solution would be to create a list of known scam artists and post their userid's for all far and wide to see. I'll volunteer to compile the list and post it in the appropriate place it this hasn't already been done.
Either that, or just a new thread with Ebay sellers that people have bought products from and whether they had a good or bad experience?  I know a few Ebay sellers I would definitely buy from again (Hit-Japan, retrogamecity, toysonlinehk....).  That way people know who to avoid and who to trust.

override

I PM'd Aaron to ask him if he would sticky this thread and we could turn the first post of bad peeps and good peeps, then the rest of the posts could be used for stories or something of the such from the bad peeps.
IMG

omotai

Well, if we're going to make a list like that (which I think is a great idea), I'll contribute a bit. While I've been lucky enough not to run across any bad stores on eBay, my two favorite sellers so far are jump-to-japan and rxmdx.

Sinistron

Quote from: Windancer on 07/03/2009, 11:33 AMthis guy has been selling cosmic fantasy  and Turrican forever I bid on them twice and was outbid by the same person just to have this seller put them back up for bid a day later. I reported the guy for shill bidding. cosmic fantasy didnt go over 5 dollars nor did the turrican. I think he still has those games up for sale.
As far as Turrican is concerned this guy did you a favor... lol
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

gekioh

Man yeah talk about it Overide, I dont like tokyo toy factory either. He doesnt sa antything in any listings about the shipping costs not being correct etc etc. While I know full well theres no way in hell he can ship it EMS for just $4, he does need to state that "there are gonna be additional shipping costs for EMS so DO NOT PAY until I resend the invoice" or something along those lines. Plus his prices are pretty bad all aroujnd anywyas. You can get a brand new copy/sealed Dynastic Hero from Japangamestock.com for less than that. I will second thtam rxmdx, hit-japan, and retro-game-city are definately sellers very well worth buying from. They are very nice, trustworthy and good accurate prices overall. Also the ebay seller that has a wierd id like yyghjjf or something like that, i forget the store name but very good seller also. He ships up to 2 single case thick (jewel case games)to me for $2. DEAD SERIOUS.

gekioh

I think his store name is yamatoku?

override

Well I got the games in from tokyo toy factory today..... :-k

I left him all positives just to show good sport and since the games did arrive as he said he woud ship them....Priority in a box! Although his 5 star ratings were not pretty. and deff not 5 stars!

Bonks Revenge was all dirty, sticky, and the case was cracked, the manual is worn badly and has sunfade, the lable is peeling off. His auction stated item was in good working condition! That to me is not good condition.

Far East of Eden was as described and complete!

Dragonslayer 2 was in the described condition but item was not complete. Its missing the spine card!

Art of Fighting was in good condition as well and as described!

All in all the auction proved ok except the bad communication and horrible shipping charges. Let this be a lesson learned to all who buy from him.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: override on 07/08/2009, 03:47 PMAll in all the auction proved ok except the bad communication and horrible shipping charges. Let this be a lesson learned to all who buy from him.
Good to hear that it worked out in the end, but there's a good lesson to learn - check out the shipping charges before bidding ($23 is less than what was stipulated in the auction listing).  That's a lesson that I only had to learn once..... well..... hopefully I've learned my lesson.  :|

Otaking

Quote from: override on 07/08/2009, 03:47 PMI left him all positives just to show good sport

was all dirty, sticky, and the case was cracked, the manual is worn badly and has sunfade, the lable is peeling off. His auction stated item was in good working condition! That to me is not good condition
Item was not complete. Its missing the spine card!
the bad communication and horrible shipping charges
I don't understand why you left him positives??? the transaction sounds terrible?????

:D
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

RoyVegas

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/08/2009, 04:42 PM
Quote from: override on 07/08/2009, 03:47 PMI left him all positives just to show good sport

was all dirty, sticky, and the case was cracked, the manual is worn badly and has sunfade, the lable is peeling off. His auction stated item was in good working condition! That to me is not good condition
I don't understand why you left him positives??? the transaction sounds terrible?????

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe should have gone with neutral feedback as the transaction surely didn't seem like it has anything positive to it at all.
All is well. :)

Otaking

Quote from: RoyVegas on 07/08/2009, 04:50 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/08/2009, 04:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe should have gone with neutral feedback as the transaction surely didn't seem like it has anything positive to it at all.
and if Douchebags like TTT keep getting away with it without peeps leaving negative feedback more innocent buyers will be suckered in and ripped off by his sales and dodgy tactics.
I suppose the thing is TTT gets nearly all of his neg feedback removed anyways, which there seems to be ALOT of.
Just to check override, if you had have left him neg feedback you do know he wouldn't have been able to leave you neg feedback in return as sellers can only leave positive feedack.

omotai

Unfortunately, almost all eBay sellers withhold their own feedback until after you leave them theirs, and bad sellers especially will almost certainly punish you for leaving negative feedback by leaving you negative feedback, which when you're just some guy with only a couple dozen feedbacks or so, can really hurt you.

override

Quote from: omotai on 07/08/2009, 08:00 PMUnfortunately, almost all eBay sellers withhold their own feedback until after you leave them theirs, and bad sellers especially will almost certainly punish you for leaving negative feedback by leaving you negative feedback, which when you're just some guy with only a couple dozen feedbacks or so, can really hurt you.
He has a point which is why I opted to leave positive feedback....I did explain in the feedback what was wrong with the items. I also punished him with horrible star ratings. Altho I did know that sellers can leave negative but I believe they can leave neutral which is what he would have done Im sure....IF he even leaves feedback. Alot of sellers never leave feedback.
All in all I got the items and to me thats what counts...Atleast I didnt loose any money on the games and atleast he shipped them how he said he was going to. I do agree tho I should have left him neutral atleast but at the same time if hes gonna get em removed then whats the point? I can list positive with a negative message and hopefully people will read them and realize something.
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: override on 07/08/2009, 08:34 PM
Quote from: omotai on 07/08/2009, 08:00 PMUnfortunately, almost all eBay sellers withhold their own feedback until after you leave them theirs, and bad sellers especially will almost certainly punish you for leaving negative feedback by leaving you negative feedback, which when you're just some guy with only a couple dozen feedbacks or so, can really hurt you.
Sellers can't leave negs for buyers anymore. I don't think a seller can even leave neutral feedback actually, only positive (or none at all).

He has a point which is why I opted to leave positive feedback....I did explain in the feedback what was wrong with the items. I also punished him with horrible star ratings. Altho I did know that sellers can leave negative but I believe they can leave neutral which is what he would have done Im sure....IF he even leaves feedback. Alot of sellers never leave feedback.
All in all I got the items and to me thats what counts...Atleast I didnt loose any money on the games and atleast he shipped them how he said he was going to. I do agree tho I should have left him neutral atleast but at the same time if hes gonna get em removed then whats the point? I can list positive with a negative message and hopefully people will read them and realize something.
EDIT for quick reply fail.

Sellers can't leave negative (or neutral, I think) feedback for buyers anymore. Either positive, or none at all.

Bludgeon

I believe at this point either Amazon or Google will have auctions that will totally eclipse egay if they dont already and paypal will be a distant memory seeing Google and Amazon take direct payments from credit cards like they already do. Ive seen a Sega CDX for 189.00 on Amazon which I consider a really good price if its guaranteed to work.

override

Quote from: Bludgeon on 07/08/2009, 09:12 PMI believe at this point either Amazon or Google will have auctions that will totally eclipse egay if they dont already and paypal will be a distant memory seeing Google and Amazon take direct payments from credit cards like they already do. Ive seen a Sega CDX for 189.00 on Amazon which I consider a really good price if its guaranteed to work.
I do shop at amazon alot but just as ebay goes the prices alot of times are high and you dont usually get as good of pics if any. If you email sellers alot of them wont send you pics but at the same time several will! One thing I do like about amazon is that you can email the seller giveing a best offer and alot of times they will lower the price for you.

There was a (US) omberman 93 on there that the guy claimed to be complete in shrinkwrap. The price was $56 and I emailed him to lower price to $40. He agreed and I bought it. Then he emailed me back and told me he was sorry but the listing was incorrect and it was not in box but in a jewel case with manual, game and sleeve. He sent pics and told me he would take $30 instead! I still went with it seeing as bomberman 93 is so hard to come by.
IMG

Bludgeon

The one reason I deespise egay is if a grievance is launched against you at all on paypal your account is suspended with no questions asked. I know the strategy of withdrawing money immediately but who carries a pc or online capable cell with them when grievances could be launched the day they receive items. Good deal Override on that BM93 though. Reminds me of trying to find Ys 1&2 at any store for more than a year. Kinda sucked. Valis,Last Alert and Cosmic Faantasy 2 almost justified buying the Turbo Cd for 300.00 but Ys 1&2 cemented why that game console was worth buying even at 300.00 with the TurboGrafx clocking it in at over 400.00 within 6 months of buying it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: override on 07/08/2009, 08:34 PMI can list positive with a negative message and hopefully people will read them and realize something.
Be careful with that.  Ebay will deem it feedback abuse if you give a positive and get too negative in the message. 

override

Hey guys,

I got my game from TTF (Tokyo Toy Factory) today in the mail! The game was in a much better state than described in his listing! The $4 dollars shipping I paid got it here in very good shape! It was double wrapped with bubblewrap....It was also in a very thick bubblewrapped envelope! The item got here in about 6 days if I remember right ( i can double check).

The items turned out to be a nearly sealed dynastic hero! The plastic shrinkwrap had been cut with a razor blade on the side where you open the case, it was done in a manner that you can open the case and pull the cd out without disturbing the plastic wrap...SO IMO the game is technically sealed and it is complete! The game is in very LIKE NEW condition!

Ill post pictures up later, it seems that despite the troubles I had with this guy about shipping charges and what was listed on his ebay page about them is somethign to overlook and just ignore him when he ask you to pay more money. He seems to be somewhat flaky but all in all after recieving my game I was very satisfied with the way the item was packed and the condition of it.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: override on 07/15/2009, 05:24 PMThe items turned out to be a nearly sealed dynastic hero! The plastic shrinkwrap had been cut with a razor blade on the side where you open the case, it was done in a manner that you can open the case and pull the cd out without disturbing the plastic wrap...SO IMO the game is technically sealed and it is complete!
"Technically sealed" yet opened and cd is easily accesible...oddest way to describe it.  Notclose to sealed techically  or any other way.  May be in LIKE NEW condition, but far from the same thing.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

override

You have a valid point.....Ill make changes accordingly!
IMG