RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

drum roll please....AND YET ANOTHER EBAY DOUCHE BAG

Started by Mathius, 07/05/2009, 02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Yes, another sign of the times here in retro video game land...

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/sflaoaknyc-in-Game-Heaven__W0QQ_sidZ14462099?_nkw=earthbound&submit=Search

I don't own, nor have I even played Earthbound on the SNES, but I'd love to one day. However, with sellers like this that day won't come soon. :(

blueraven

All of the prices are insane. $899 for the FF gameboy games? At least one is a re-issue. :-s

Tatsujin

lol..with sooo many earthbounds on the bay at the same time, how ones can let peeps believe it's ultra rare and mega pricey?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/05/2009, 03:34 AMlol..with sooo many earthbounds on the bay at the same time, how ones can let peeps believe it's ultra rare and mega pricey?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/05/2009, 03:34 AMlol..with sooo many earthbounds on the bay at the same time, how ones can let peeps believe it's ultra rare and mega pricey?
Definitely NOT rare! Not as common as Chrono Trigger, but just barely.

Arkhan Asylum

I got earthbound for free.

this kid i know showed up with a copy and was like want to buy this? and im like 'no' and he goes 'well take it anyways'  and he ran off

i think it was stolen goods. 

oh well, free game!

Arkhan: +1
Other people: -1!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

omotai

Unfortunately, that's actually below the going rate for a complete Earthbound, as I've seen it over the past few months. Though his definition of "great condition" is a little skewed. And I wouldn't really trust the pictures anyway, check this out: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/sflaoaknyc-in-Game-Heaven__W0QQ_sidZ14462099?_nkw=snatcher&submit=Search. Read the descriptions carefully!

Mathius

Looks like some "lucky" future Snatcher owner's going to be pissed at the seller and himself for not reading that the game doesn't include the case OR manual like the picture shows. That's shady business right there. :evil:

blueraven

Auction should read...

EARTHBOUND $150

Auction is actually for a Polaroid photo of the game