@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Wanted - CD Player

Started by adolliveson, 07/08/2009, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adolliveson

Still relatively new to the forum but I have a problem with my Turbo CD system that I've had since new. Seems the CD Rom player has just gone and died. I'm pretty sure that it will still read the disks okay but it simply won't spin. Would anyone happen to have one on it's own available minus the platform deck and tg system attached or possibly know of somehow, somewhere to get this properly repaired [-o< ? I took it to some local shops around here at home and they won't even take the time to check it out because of the age (not to mention what they probably would have charged) and there seems to be none up on ebay.

override

Quote from: adolliveson on 07/08/2009, 06:40 PMStill relatively new to the forum but I have a problem with my Turbo CD system that I've had since new. Seems the CD Rom player has just gone and died. I'm pretty sure that it will still read the disks okay but it simply won't spin. Would anyone happen to have one on it's own available minus the platform deck and tg system attached or possibly know of somehow, somewhere to get this properly repaired [-o< ? I took it to some local shops around here at home and they won't even take the time to check it out because of the age (not to mention what they probably would have charged) and there seems to be none up on ebay.
If the motor is all that has died in it I have a spare motor I could ship you....You need to pull it apart and check it.

Take a small screwdriver and use it to make the system think the lid is open. Then at the system start screen push run and see if the laser lights up and trys to detect a cd. If it doesn't it could be a ribbon cable loose or it could be a frozen sled gear that is stuck. Check the teeth on it and all of that good stuff. Be very delicate with the ribbon cables as they will tear very easy.

Then let us know what happens!
IMG

adolliveson

Great, thanks for the tip and I'll give that a go. Fingers crossed and I'll update on how I make out with it  :)

override

Made edit to previous post...sorry if I confused you.

If it doesn't it could be a ribbon cable loose or it could be a frozen sled gear that is stuck. Check the teeth on it and all of that good stuff. Be very delicate with the ribbon cables as they will tear very easy.
IMG

adolliveson

Thanks again for the tips and between what you mentioned and some info. I found on the repair site/posts it's back up, working  =D>. Not sure for how but will keep my fingers crossed  O:)

override

Quote from: adolliveson on 07/15/2009, 09:44 AMThanks again for the tips and between what you mentioned and some info. I found on the repair site/posts it's back up, working  =D>. Not sure for how but will keep my fingers crossed  O:)
No problem man! I hope it stays running forever!

If not I have a source for a newly used laser!

Im curious tho what was the issue?
IMG