10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

eBay Categorys

Started by RoyVegas, 07/17/2009, 04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Back when I was buying games on eBay I noticed that there wasn't a category for Turbo games like there were with other systems.  Thinking it might be a little easier for everyone to be able to have a Turbo section instead of having to do searches I contacted eBay to ask how to get it added.  The customer service person walked me through how to do a suggestion.  Today I checked and its actually there, yippy!  Hopefully in a little time people will actually put the games in the right section making it easier to find Turbo games instead of doing searches.

So now if you actually go into games and do a search by platform, Turbografx is there as a box to check.  Cool!
All is well. :)

NecroPhile

I guess that's good, but it's not exactly difficult to find what you're looking for with da search box.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jperryss

It'll be nice to not have to search in 'Other', or 'Vintage Games' or whatever it is.

override

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2009, 06:15 PMI guess that's good, but it's not exactly difficult to find what you're looking for with da search box.
Your correct its not exactly hard to use da search box BUT its nice to have a category because some people list items with odd descriptions which make some games hard to find. I have spend several hours on ebay searching for an item to only find it listed in the wrong category or have an incorrect or mispelled title!

Thats great roy that we got a TG section now, I always wondered why there wasn't one....
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2009, 06:15 PMI guess that's good, but it's not exactly difficult to find what you're looking for with da search box.
Very true, its not hard to use the search function.  When I was buying games I had saved searches for Turbo Grafx, Turbografx, Turbografx-16 and a few others on top of that including misspellings.  The HOPE is that if we can keep all of the games together in one spot it would be more convenient to look at the games overall.  It may not be a huge improvement but its a move in the right direction I think.
All is well. :)

jperryss

Quote from: override on 07/17/2009, 06:26 PMYour correct its not exactly hard to use da search box BUT its nice to have a category because some people list items with odd descriptions which make some games hard to find...
That too.

"What did they put in the title? Turbografx16? Turbo Grafx? Turbo-Grafx16? TurboGraphics16? TG16?"

hoobs88

Quote from: RoyVegas on 07/17/2009, 06:37 PMWhen I was buying games I had saved searches for Turbo Grafx, Turbografx, Turbografx-16 and a few others on top of that including misspellings.
I never get notifications for saved searches or auctions that I win anymore. Do you know if there is a new setting for this or should I contact ebay about it? That feature came in real handy for misspellings!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

Sweetness!! Thanks Roy.

I have noticed that problem on other buying, and non-buying sites and fan sites. There is sometimes never a Turobgrafx selection in lists, pull-down bars, etc. You always have to find a back door in, like some kind of seedy bar. An injustice I tell ya!

nectarsis

Odd searching pc engine has had a suggestion for turbo grafx for some time.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

kattare

I've only sold a few games on ebay, but I've only once used the video games category.  I ship via USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box... costs ~$5, but they cap shipping in the video games category at $4.  My first video game auction I listed a lot of three sega 32x games, starting at $0.99.  5 days later there was one bid - for $0.99.  Because of the shipping cap at $4 and the ebay fees, I actually lost money in that listing.  Screw that.  Now I use generic categories where the shipping isn't capped.  I also don't start bids at $0.99 anymore.  ;-)

Some would recommend changing shipping methods... but the flat rate boxes are just so easy for the shipper... free box, free pickup, easy labeling, no weighing.

I emailed ebay and asked them to raise the cap to $5, they just replied with a link to documentation about their shipping caps.  Then I emailed asking them why they wouldn't at least fix the price so that when you picked small flat rate box in the shipping interface it wouldn't just fix the price at that... got another link back to their documentation.  So.... alternate category it is!

Ebay needs to drop the shipping caps... let people make up their own minds about how much they're willing to pay for shipping.
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

Arjak

Wow, and the category is already being put to good use! Good job, RoyVegas!

The problem with having to search for Turbo just to find anything is that it keeps it out of most people's sights. Only those 'in the know' will find them. The great thing about this is that those uneducated in the joys of the system can see that category, go 'WTF is that?' and find them with one click. Who knows? The system might even become more popular due to those curious souls who take the plunge.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit