OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Any outlets selling a U.S. version of Magical Chase?

Started by 16bit, 07/28/2009, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16bit

I am treating this as a shot in the dark as I have looked everywhere, but if anyone has come across a copy of the U.S. Magical Chase let me know!

Thanks

RoyVegas

Check eBay....  Someone has a boxed one up right now....
All is well. :)

jperryss

Quote from: 16bit on 07/28/2009, 06:36 PMI am treating this as a shot in the dark as I have looked everywhere, but if anyone has come across a copy of the U.S. Magical Chase let me know!
Here's the auction Roy mentioned above. If the last couple auctions for the TG MC are any indication, this will likely end north of the $1K mark.

Out of curiousity, since you just picked up a PCE Duo, have you considered the way-cheaper PCE version of MC? It even came with (brace yourself for this) a REAL JEWEL CASE!   :mrgreen:

16bit

QuoteOut of curiousity, since you just picked up a PCE Duo, have you considered the way-cheaper PCE version of MC? It even came with (brace yourself for this) a REAL JEWEL CASE!   Mr. Green
Yes I am considering the PCE version and looks like I'll have to go that route as there is no way in hell I am paying $1k for a freakin' game!!!

The reason why I was interested in the U.S. version is due to this comparison here:

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/dare_to_compare_mc.html

In retrospect, it's just the 1st level, so PCE version it is!

hoobs88

I just discovered today that the Japanese version  has a Sound Test "cheat" whereas the US version does not.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Otaking

Quote from: jperryss on 07/28/2009, 08:04 PMHere's the auction Roy mentioned above.
anyone know what happened with this auction? did the seller end it early?
Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

hoobs88

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 08/03/2009, 09:00 AM
Quote from: jperryss on 07/28/2009, 08:04 PMHere's the auction Roy mentioned above.
anyone know what happened with this auction? did the seller end it early?
Cheers
It ended early with a 'Buy It Now' of $1200

jperryss

Quote from: hoobs88 on 08/03/2009, 09:02 AMIt ended early with a 'Buy It Now' of $1200
That's bizarre considering last I checked it there were multiple bids on it up for like $450. It now looks like it ended with no bids on it and there's no mention of BIN.

hoobs88

The auction had ended but it said "item was relisted" so I clicked on "view relisted item" and it said the relisted item had ended early with a 'Buy It Now' of $1200.

jperryss

Quote from: hoobs88 on 08/03/2009, 10:14 AMThe auction had ended but it said "item was relisted" so I clicked on "view relisted item" and it said the relisted item had ended early with a 'Buy It Now' of $1200.
Ahh, gotcha.

nectarsis

Sounds like a weird auction...was at $1,500 with bids retracted left and right, ended early, relisted and snapped up with a MUCH higher BIN  :-k
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jperryss

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/03/2009, 12:16 PMSounds like a weird auction...was at $1,500 with bids retracted left and right, ended early, relisted and snapped up with a MUCH higher BIN  :-k
I'm guessing he got sick of the bogus bidding/retracting and someone offered $1200 so he relisted as BIN for that one person.

wmacmonagle

Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

jperryss

Quote from: wmacmonagle on 08/03/2009, 07:36 PMOUTLET OUTLET OUCHIE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-Duo-VGA-9-0-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ230363842910QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item35a2c1495e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Check his feedback, this is the guy that bought Aaron's copy for $2900. I guess the price goes up $5000 once you have it graded and installed in a cute little plastic box?

What a dick.

Grandmaster

yea that's rather ridiculous.. he only bought it less than a month ago. this poor game landed in the hands of a reseller and now it's only being used.

kattare

What's up with the one bouncing on and off ebay with the $1200 BIN?  Awfully strange.

Bummer too about this dude trying to get $8000 for it.  I hope it's cuz he just really needs the dough.
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

RoyVegas

Quote from: kattare on 08/04/2009, 01:40 PMWhat's up with the one bouncing on and off ebay with the $1200 BIN?  Awfully strange.
He had it up and people kept retracting their bids.  My assumpion is that all he thought all the retractions made the auction look bad.  At least that was my first impression of it.  I went back and read the description a few times thinking maybe there was some sneaky fine print in there which scared them off.  That wasn't the case though, all looked well in the description.
All is well. :)

Dalder

was ready to buy that one for $1200-1500 but someone else got it for $1200 so will be offering up to $1200 for one !

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 08/03/2009, 01:29 PMI'm guessing he got sick of the bogus bidding/retracting and someone offered $1200 so he relisted as BIN for that one person.
And the countdown begins 'til we see this copy up with a BIN of $3000.  ](*,)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kattare

I wrote him a message via ebay... heh...

"Aww, bummer man, I had $1800 stashed away for that auction..."

Make 'em think next time before just pulling the auction.  :)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

wmacmonagle

OUTLET OUTLET means lower than 1000 dollars. MAGICAL CHASE is a just a witch riding on broomstick!! ARRRGHHHHHHHH..

Hope i ll ever find loose or complete under 1000......

ALMOST COMPLETE MY COLLECTIONSS>> PLEASE HELP ME OUTTTT>> LOOK AT MY FORUM..... THANKS

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7010.0
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan