OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Modding and Repair Services

Started by Platinumfungi, 08/20/2009, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Platinumfungi

IMG

My list of services is getting huge, so to view everything WITH PRICES please check: http://gametz.com/user/platinumfungi.html

Here's a very general list of NEC services I offer. I also work on most other brands consoles and some portables as well.

Duo R
IMG

Mod - Region Switch. Select between TG16 and PC Engine Hucard modes. Can be installed wherever you request. Either vertically or horizontally.
IMG IMG IMG

Mod - Add Region Switch Indicator LEDs. Select a color for both regions. These photos show a few different colors: Pink for PC Engine mode, Purple/Blue for TG16 mode, Green for PC Engine mode, and Blue for TG16 mode.
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Mod - Add a Power Indicator LED. Any color. This photo shows blue. The center is reserved for the CD-ROM access light.
IMG

Mod - Add standard RCA jacks so you don't need special cables. Composite video and stereo sound shown in the pictures.
IMG IMG IMG IMG

Repair - Repair finicky AV port.
Repair - Repair finicky controller ports.
Repair - Replace the laser lens assembly.

Duo RX
IMG

Mod - Region Switch. Select between TG16 and PC Engine Hucard modes. Can be installed wherever you request. Either vertically or horizontally.
IMG IMG IMG

Mod - Add Region Indicator LEDs. These photos show Red for PCE and Blue for TG16 mode.
IMG IMG IMG IMG

Mod - Add a Power Indicator LED.
Mod - Add standard RCA mount Composite video and stereo audio.
Repair - Repair finicky AV port.
Repair - Repair finicky controller ports.
Repair - Replace the laser lens assembly.

Turbo Express
IMG

- Mod - Add a Power LED. Any color.
- Repair - Repair video issues.
- Repair - Repair no audio or quiet audio issues.
- Repair - Total pcb capacitor replacement overhaul.

Turbo Grafx 16
IMG

- Mod - Composite Video and Stereo Sound.
IMG IMG IMG

- Mod - Backlit TG16 logo. Acts as a Power Indicator. Whenever you turn the console on, it lights up.
IMG IMG IMG

- Mod - Region switch. Change between TG16 and PC Engine modes. Uses a "push button" style switch.
IMG IMG IMG

- Mod - Add Power Indicator LED. Any color.
- Mod - Install longer controller cables. Black or off white available. Length of up to 20ft.
- Repair - Repair finicky controller ports.
- Repair - Repair finicky AV port.

If there's anything you're interested in and don't see either here OR on my GTZ page link, just ask  :D

Thanks for looking,
RG
IMG

kattare

Love your work man.

How did you pull off the region switching LED?

I want to try a mod like that, I have a bunch of 8P2T switches, I've done several region mods already, but ... I'm thinking I'd need a 10P2T switch or something to do the LEDs too, no?

I realize of course that you're not doing it with just a switch.  You must be running the op-amp mod?  So are you doing it with a 2P2T switch then?  one pull for the region, one for the LEDs?

Just curious.  No problem if you don't want to share.  Very nice work though.
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

termis

Quote from: kattare on 08/27/2009, 12:21 PMHow did you pull off the region switching LED?

I want to try a mod like that, I have a bunch of 8P2T switches, I've done several region mods already, but ... I'm thinking I'd need a 10P2T switch or something to do the LEDs too, no?
Haven't done it, but I suppose a clean method would be to ditch the huge switch, and use the region mod using the mod board (with the IC chips), connect the board to one side of the DPDT switch, and the other side of the switch to your LEDs.

kattare

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin'. 

"You must be running the op-amp mod?  So are you doing it with a 2P2T switch then?  one pull for the region, one for the LEDs?"

I'm not too keen on spending a ton of time putting together the mod boards... I'll have to wait until override places the order on his latest design.  =/

termis

Ah, right, right.

Quote from: kattare on 08/31/2009, 12:37 PMI'm not too keen on spending a ton of time putting together the mod boards... I'll have to wait until override places the order on his latest design.  =/
me too.  :P

Platinumfungi

Hey guys, sorry for the very delayed response. Haven't been on here much the past few weeks since I just recently moved.

The region switching LED is a pretty nice mod I think  :) Termis has the right idea with his "clean method"  :wink:
IMG

Platinumfungi

IMG

pixeljunkie

Platinumfungi

Sure :) What system were you looking to have modded?
IMG

pixeljunkie

Marll

Very cool mods. I'd be interested in Getting my Express repaired, and perhaps a region switch added to my TG16 and the TG16 backlight.

Do you also do the component video mod? I'd love to have component video on my TGCD :)
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Marll

Sorry, just noticed from your site that you don't do TG-CD stuff :(
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Platinumfungi

PM'd you Marll  :D Didn't notice you had posted here about the TG-16 mods till just now though. Just let me know and we'll work it up.
IMG

Irrarce09

RunAmok is the man with the plan. Hopefully he will stop by and answer your question. Like spary said I have heard of the death bubble thing, but I am also pretty sure Run know how to tweak the shutes as well.

stargate

I sent you a PM. I am looking for a mod, maybe a couple.

SKUNKKEY

do you repair pce cd rom

Platinumfungi

Quote from: SKUNKKEY on 01/25/2010, 09:16 PMdo you repair pce cd rom
At this time I don't work with TG-CD or PCE-CD systems, no. I hope to eventually, but just don't have the time to do the necessary R&D at the moment.
IMG

kattare

Skunkkey, what's wrong with it?  I've done a few mechanism replacements on the TG-CD, which is pretty much the same as a PCE-CD...