RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WTB: Nothing. All items found.

Started by RoyVegas, 09/13/2009, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Looking for the last box to finish up my collection.  Willing to buy with payment by Paypal.

Box I need:
Turrican - I will buy it complete also.
All is well. :)

RoyVegas

Still looking for alot of boxes.  Bump

kattare

Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

RoyVegas

Added some trade stuff, removed some needed boxes from the list.

RoyVegas

RoyVegas

Some stuff removed.  Still looking.

RoyVegas

RoyVegas

RoyVegas

Removed a bunch...  Still looking....

mrhaboobi

I have the following maybe

Bomberman 93 Box
It Came from the Desert
Monster lair

Would be keen for these mint boxes

Blazing Lazers
China Warrior
Dead Moon
Dungeon Explorer
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Order Of The Griffon
Samurai Ghost
Soldier Blade
Turrican

And a few games im after aswell like chew man fu, china warrior, deep blue, legendary Axe 2, Sinistron, Bonks Adventure, Chase HQ.  I might have a boxed complete bonk 3 hu card, but not sure im parting with it yet.

Cheers
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

King_Vidiot

what is the going rate for boxes these days?

mrhaboobi

Depends they do vary greatly in terms of condition and game.  Anywhere from a couple of bucks up to .??? magical chase box of course has a higher price.  Im keen for boxes as is roy, and i can say that recently i bought some very mint items for harder to get games for around $15 - 20..  if you have some to sel/trade id be keen to hear from you if roy doesnt want em..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

Alydnes Super Grafx

RoyVegas

Quote from: King_Vidiot on 02/25/2010, 07:56 PMwhat is the going rate for boxes these days?
It honestly depends on the buyer and how much they want them.  I personally want them pretty bad.  :lol:  I am willing to go higher/a shitload higher than mrhaboobi mentioned depending on the condition and what game the box is for.  Send me a PM if you have any I need.

D-Lite

Quote from: King_Vidiot on 02/25/2010, 07:56 PMwhat is the going rate for boxes these days?
That's a loaded question.  Some are dirt cheap, but there's a handful that are just damn tough to find so the price is all over the place for those.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

King_Vidiot

Ah, okay.  I need a bunch (sorry guys), definitely a lot of common ones (alien & devil crush, galaga 90, dragon spirit etc) and I wouldnt be looking for anything mint, more like "is able to keep roughly a box shape"

edit: Were there  multiple versions of Vasteel? RoyVegas' picture shows a fat double cd case, but mine is just a regular one (with the blue vasteel on the spine etc).  Did the single case one come with a box too?

D-Lite

Quote from: King_Vidiot on 02/25/2010, 08:14 PMAh, okay.  I need a bunch (sorry guys), definitely a lot of common ones (alien & devil crush, galaga 90, dragon spirit etc) and I wouldnt be looking for anything mint, more like "is able to keep roughly a box shape"

edit: Were there  multiple versions of Vasteel? RoyVegas' picture shows a fat double cd case, but mine is just a regular one (with the blue vasteel on the spine etc).  Did the single case one come with a box too?
Only came in double case form I believe.  Did come with an outer cardboard sleeve/cover originally too.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

King_Vidiot

strange, maybe someone cobbled together the single case I have? seems pretty legit though

Turbo D

It would be very easy to put the manual and back cover insert into a single cd jewel case: you got hosed! Hope you didn't pay the outrageous price it seems to go for (e.g. like $60+.)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: turbo D on 02/25/2010, 11:37 PMyou got hosed!
This would be correct, it only came in a double case.  Sorry to hear someone bit ya on it.

King_Vidiot

I just looked back in my gmail and found the auction.  My vasteel was advertised as "COMPLETE rare".  I paid $18.50 + $3.50 shipping for it.  This was on 1/8/08 so a little over 2 years ago. 

It looks like I got taken for a ride on a couple of auctions back then, advertised as COMPLETE when none of them came with boxes.  I paid $11.80 for a "complete" Ninja Spirit, and $2.50 for a "complete" Silent Debuggers.  A couple were actually complete: $.99 for Sim Earth, $10.50 for Dungeon Master, and $31 for Dragon Slayer w/ Map. 

Looking further back, it looks like I paid $375 shipping included for my duo w/ 14 games (all with manuals and cases but no boxes), and then a litter later paid $255 for a lot of 36 games (manuals & cases, no boxes again). 

Seems a bit high now, but I've played the hell out of it all so I guess I cant complain.

mrhaboobi

high in todays market i dont think you would find that sort of pricing..  im kinda sick of ebay ( no surprise ) too many resellers and too many over priced games.. lots of sealed stuff flooding the market and yet prices havent dropped..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

RoyVegas

Bump, still looking for boxes.

RoyVegas

Removed one and bumping.

RoyVegas

Removed some.  Still looking.

oldskool

getting closer and closer roy

RoyVegas

Quote from: oldskool on 03/23/2010, 06:09 PMgetting closer and closer roy
One box at a time!

RoyVegas

Removed another.  Still on the hunt.

RoyVegas

Still looking for the last few....

RoyVegas

Update:  Down to two boxes and two inserts.  It's rather early to be bumping it for no reason but since I removed most of the list the update was necessary.

Dalder

Will check to see if I have an extra Talespin poster but I doubt it but will check anyways.

mrhaboobi

does that mean the boxes i was after from dalder have gone? :(
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

RoyVegas

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 04/27/2010, 06:10 PMdoes that mean the boxes i was after from dalder have gone? :(
If those were Bonk 3, Bomberman '93 and Jackie Chan then yes.

Dalder

have more BONK 3 in my vault so no worries !

RoyVegas

Dalder

HAVE one in my collection VAULT !  :lol: :twisted:

RoyVegas

Quote from: Dalder on 05/11/2010, 01:01 AMHAVE one in my collection VAULT !  :lol: :twisted:
The question is.  What will it take to get it OUT of that vault.  TEASE!

wmacmonagle

Dalder will take it out for Magical chase box! LOL LOL

I sold him that box. sorry dude!.. good luck finding that box!..

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/11/2010, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Dalder on 05/11/2010, 01:01 AMHAVE one in my collection VAULT !  :lol: :twisted:
The question is.  What will it take to get it OUT of that vault.  TEASE!
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

hoobs88

Quote from: King_Vidiot on 02/25/2010, 08:14 PMedit: Were there  multiple versions of Vasteel? RoyVegas' picture shows a fat double cd case, but mine is just a regular one (with the blue vasteel on the spine etc).  Did the single case one come with a box too?
There was only a Double case version. You must have purchased a preowned copy where the former owner replaced the Double case for a single case to conserve space. The same thing happened to me with my original copy of Beyond Shadowgate. The seller listed it as being complete but it arrived in a regular jewel case without the poster. I later got another copy in double sized jewel case with the poster.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns