RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Neo PCE Flash Card

Started by shonenx, 12/15/2009, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shonenx

Has anyone seen one of these im having trouble getting the program to find my flash card .im using an old Windows Me tower i have (i normally use mac) i even tried the program in Wine( an window emulator for mac ) and had slightly more sucess. any help is appreciated ...if i cant get it to work on my old tower maybe i can mail it to some one who can load it with any roms i send.
You're Already Dead !!!

NecroPhile

I don't know why you'd have troubles; the install program included with those is top notch.  :lol:

Where exactly are you having troubles?  You might need to select the correct driver manually (don't let Windows find it automatically), or you might need to clean the card's contacts.  Read this thread for a few pointers and then come on back for more fun; we'll get that sucker workin'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

"Fun" is exactly the opposite of what you'll experience trying to get the stupid thing to work.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

shonenx

i just cleaned contacts now (dont think they were bad) im trying on my mac (preferred) and my PC ( old..windows Me). On pc it says  connecting fault and when i drop the window i see a box that says could not update user config. access denied. and the red light stays on constantly  i saw Dr.neo trying to help some people on manufacturer old boards i tried installing power kit 2.3 it says i need olepro32dll .        On mac  in wine emulator it loads programs keeps all settings an directories finds roms but just has connecting fault also when i put the usb loader in the light blinks red  once and flashes green 3 times.............. [-o<
You're Already Dead !!!

esteban

First, "Hi."

And welcome.

Second...

Quote from: shonenx on 12/15/2009, 09:45 PM... my PC ( old..windows Me).
Are you having a laugh? ;)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shonenx

Quote from: shonenx on 12/15/2009, 09:45 PM... my PC ( old..windows Me).
Are you having a laugh? ;)[/quote]
A laugh .....I wish i was .........also it was never actually mine the pc was donated to me when i was rebuilding my mame cabinet (i never used the tower) i dont even have a monitor for it i hooked it up to my 42" samsung 1080p so its a big and sh*ty OS now
You're Already Dead !!!

NecroPhile

I'll guess one of these three things is causing your troubles:

1)  Wrong driver - try another one and/or check the Windows Device Manager for errors.
2)  Wrong writing program - I mistakenly tried to use one in the CDs main folder rather than the correct one, which was buried in a sub-folder.  I use the 'Neo Power PCE USB Writing System', but maybe the 128mb card with save feature uses a different one (mines a 64mb card).
3)  Inadequate card insertion - I had to be quite forceful the first few times and really shove that sucker in.

shonenx

1. i think the win device manager was a good spot to start. :)  i look ed and saw slim loader there but the drivers are errored or non existant. ( i need to get a cat5 cable tomorrow) I will try and update them as i never use this its not hooked to my network. god as im writting this i just checked the tower... it only has phone line port no hi-speed port ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! SH*T!!. To continue ahhh...cr*p ummm.. im using 3 programs now pce writer 1.1 (conecting fault)  neo2 ultra (says slim loader not found) and neo power kit (says refresh did not find flash card)....i really think now its my drivers ...but how an i gonna get them ive been downloading all this to my mac and transfering it via cd rom (speaking of which i still need a PCE cd-rom drive). how can i update with out connecting to microsoft. btw i downloaded that olepro32.dll i was missing thats how i got neo2 ultra and power kit to work.   Thanks for all of this NecroPhile u da man!!!
You're Already Dead !!!

BlackandBlue

Probably the driver.  See my post here.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

shonenx

Thanks blue i tried writing the new line in the file. thought its was gonna work cause windows device started installing it again but it stops and asks me for the win Me cd .(which come on you know i dont have..hehe..OMG..suck) So i thought it was gonna work anyway but none of the 3 programs i mentioned im using are finding the card . im deeply depressed my pce hasnt gotten here yet, i own only cd based games (dont have cd drive just have interface) and own 2 hu card one a japanese rpg (not gonna be able to read it) and 2 the system card for the cd unit ......I think the world is having a laugh...hahahh. i dont want to have to get another pc i hate windows . maybe ill try to get 98install and start over.....i jus dont know.  :-({|=
You're Already Dead !!!

shonenx

Good news Santa brought me closure for x-mas. I took the neo flash card to my folks and hooked it up to there PC used all your tips posted here and got it to work. Im a little shocked since i thought it would hold 128mb worth of roms but it only held like half. BUT IM STILL HAPPY yahhhhhh!!! O:) So thanks for everything. (p.s i havent tested on a system yet but it wrote to card so im happy)
You're Already Dead !!!

NecroPhile

Congrats on gettin' 'er to work.  Too bad you can't get it to load fully though; were you loading mostly small games and bumping into the file number limit?

shonenx

i think so .. i didnt realize there was a number limit of like 30.....heres a mini up date i grab a pce duo-r in Manhattan yesterday (white gray nooo yellow so pretty). brought it home tested the flash card (only hu i have) and only some of the roms loaded others froze at select flash screen and others looked like crap . Not worried ill get her goin     ..................... but this part sucked .......... the duos cd unit dropped music and voice tracks on star paroju and didnt load  (USA) Ys book 1&2 at all and stoped loading Macross 2036 after the developer logo.. i played with it for 2 hours and returned it for a refund, P.S it worked fine at the store(differnt games).  But luckily Rakshas here in the forums hooked me up by selling me a pretty pc duo lastnight. so ill be in full swing soon . thanks to all!!!
You're Already Dead !!!

shonenx

You're Already Dead !!!