10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What's the most you have paid for a Turbo or Turbo CD game?

Started by RoyVegas, 01/21/2010, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the most you have paid for a Turbo or Turbo CD game?

0-$25
$26-$50
$51-$100
$101-$250
$251-$400
$401+

RoyVegas

So what's the most you have paid for a Turbografx or a Turbo CD game, what was it and how much did you pay?

Mine personally was $400 for Dynastic Hero.
All is well. :)

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

jperryss

$130-ish for my JP Magical Chase (PC Engine Fan version). Yeah, probably coulda waited and got it a bit cheaper but I was impatient.

TheClash603

SignOfZeta

I paid $50 for Darkwing Duck as a birthday present for my brother back in the day. I still regret that.

I've paid more for PC Engine games though. Quite a few were $70, more were $50 or $60. This was all when the stuff was new. Now I rarely pay more than $15 for any game, PC Engine other otherwise.
IMG

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Sparky

$120 for a Bonk 3 duo cd :) even that made me feel sick a bit :oops: most of my expensive games i traded for :)

TR0N

2008 i think it was (Dungeon Explorer II) for about $180.00+ wich is also the reason why i stop buying TG16/PCE games for a while now.The price was getting to much for me on some titles.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: TR0N on 01/22/2010, 05:03 AM2008 i think it was (Dungeon Explorer II) for about $180.00+ wich is also the reason why i stop buying TG16/PCE games for a while now.The price was getting to much for me on some titles.
She's a pricey one. Can't say I blame ya for coolin' out on the TG purchases for a while. Anyway, I'm still jealous of your DEII. heh
IMG

td741

This is a while back but:

-500$US for a sealed (original) Sapphire.  This was a year or two after release.
-Next higher up is I think 250$+US for Tenchi o Kurau.
-A few honarable mentions is 150$ range for ACD + Fatal Fury 2, 90-100$US for importing Drac X on release.

NecroPhile

If memory serves, the most I spent on a game was for Dracula X.  It was $125, I think (more than $100 but not more than $150).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I paid over 1000$ for this game called Insanity.

:)

in all seriousness though, I think the most I paid was 75$ for steam hearts
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

$80 for DEII as a gift. Unfortunately, there was a scratch on the CD and a great music track is forever corrupted.

The sad thing is that I gave my own copy of DEII as a gift, so I was stuck with the scratch!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: esteban on 01/23/2010, 09:26 AM$80 for DEII as a gift. Unfortunately, there was a scratch on the CD and a great music track is forever corrupted.

The sad thing is that I gave my own copy of DEII as a gift, so I was stuck with the scratch!
Use some novus!  buff that mofo clean.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Joe Redifer

About $70 for Dracula X when it was brand new sealed mint complete during ts release.  I even have the spine card and that makes nerds REALLY jealous!  I should post a video of me cutting it up.  :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/23/2010, 02:35 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/23/2010, 09:26 AM$80 for DEII as a gift. Unfortunately, there was a scratch on the CD and a great music track is forever corrupted.

Use some novus!  buff that mofo clean.
I will have to do that. It's just a damn shame that I have to even resort to this, though.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

termis

As weird as it sounds, the Turbo/PCE was always my "budget" system.  I don't think I've ever paid more than $30~$40 for any Turbo/PCE game, nor have I ever bought a stand-alone, brand new retail game for PCE/TG (other than Insanity).

It just somehow worked out that way for this particular system.  I only really got into the system during its deathbed years (92-93 or so?), when things were going off on clearance.  (I remember getting games like LoT, Exhile 2, and Spriggan, though a bit scratched, for <$5 off Game Dude in Hollywood).  I then acquired most of my PCE collection dirt cheap in Japan during the time I was living there.

But for other systems I can recall:
New Import - $90 or so for a new, MD Valis III
New Domestic - $70 (or was it $80?...) for Phantasy Star II
Used - $170 for Phantasy Star Gaiden (*ouch* -- back when demand for PS series seemed to be at an all time high, just around the release of PSO)

Turbo D

lol, I got most of my collection from that store! The most I paid for any game ever was US magical chase for $300. I was a n00b at the time, so I made a thread asking how much I should pay for it, and i was suggested around that range. heh. I don't regret it or anything, especially when I pay ~$100+ per book each semester that heavily depreciate by the end of each semester.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: turbo D on 01/24/2010, 09:13 PMlol, I got most of my collection from that store! The most I paid for any game ever was US magical chase for $300. I was a n00b at the time, so I made a thread asking how much I should pay for it, and i was suggested around that range. heh. I don't regret it or anything, especially when I pay ~$100+ per book each semester that heavily depreciate by the end of each semester.
ugh...university booklierry...  #-o That's one thing I don't miss about school.
IMG

exodus

dungeon explorer II is rare? U.S. version, I gather. that's pretty amusing, I bought mine for $8, or maybe $10. Maybe I should take it out of that grocery bag it lives in.

Anyway the most I've ever paid was I think $52 for Steam Hearts. Never wanted to spend more, and always figured I could wait to find most games cheaper. But I've spent $30-$40 on plenty of games. I think I lucked out in that a lot of my collection comes from before the collector thing went all crazy for one, and from japan for another, well-researched and price hunted.

That said, I don't own dracula x or sapphire. but nowadays I could get drac x for $50, just don't really feel like it. One of these days. Most of my rarest games seem to have been purchased the cheapest.

TR0N

Quote from: exodus on 01/25/2010, 11:37 PMdungeon explorer II is rare? U.S. version, I gather. that's pretty amusing, I bought mine for $8, or maybe $10. Maybe I should take it out of that grocery bag it lives in.
The (u.s DEII) isn't rare it's just another TG16 game that is in high demand still wich keeps it's price up.Beside...being the reason why i payed so much for it back in 08,while the pce version usely hits  $20.00 some times.
IMG

TR0N

Take it to a gamestop or gamecrazy and get it resurfaced asap please!
IMG