The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Started by _Paul, 02/04/2010, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

Sega is going back to oldschool at last.

/sonic42kwpt.jpg
/sonic41.jpg

shonenx

I know and its about time I cant wait!!!!!! =D>
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

I wish this was a full retail release, rather than "episode one."  For some reason I think it is going to be short and half-assed, because they aren't expecting $50 for it.  Hopefully I'm wrong, I'd love to see Sonic do something good post-2000 (the sole exception being Smash Bros, of course).

Senshi

I agree. I don't understand why they think people want to pay less for lesser quality games than pay for a full release.

Their debacles with 3-D sonic should be their indication that some things are just better as 2-D. If they thought people would buy that than why wouldn't they buy a full release of a format that has worked well? I'd love to see what their market research says, if they are even doing any.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/08/2010, 11:14 AMbut why 4?
Because they, rightly, are trying to pretend every sonic game since sonic 3 on the Genesis didn't happen.

(except Sonic R. That was good stuff.)

Raizen1984

_Paul

I'm guessing they are releasing it episodically because they are just not certain that enough people will be interested. This way they can cut their losses if it is a flop instead of spending money/time on a 2D game which would be deemed primitive by many (stupid) people today. Hopefully it will be a success, so they will have the incentive to push out a full quality release at some point.

Senshi

Yea it reminds me of the movie industry. No one has the guts to go outside the norm.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 02/08/2010, 12:54 PM
Because they, rightly, are trying to pretend every sonic game since sonic 3 on the Genesis didn't happen.

so what's with the CD one? still decent, not?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/08/2010, 07:08 PMso what's with the CD one? still decent, not?
it came out before Sonic 3, yes? so the answer is yes.

esteban

I can't believe it. Finally.

I haven't looked forward to a Sonic title since... forever.

I blame Knuckles (and Sega) for betraying Sonic. Maybe Sega will redeem themselves.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

at least it looks MUUCH better than all the Bonk remakes together.

_Paul

The official website has a download of the level 1 music: http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/en/
It could almost be a PC Engine CD track.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guyjin on 02/08/2010, 12:54 PM

I liked 3D blast!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

The official level 1 music sounds like they are using stock Genesis drums and Reason for everything else.

Alt-Nintega

I have no faith in Sega these days. They screw up everything.

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 04/07/2010, 04:07 PMI have no faith in Sega these days. They screw up everything.
I disagree. I think Sega are slowly clawing their way back from mediocrity.

SignOfZeta

Yeah, I agree. Slowly.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Brand new Sonic 4 trailer

SignOfZeta

IMG

Ratix

sollah's videos are the best out there
IMG