The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/15/2017, 11:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 09:05 PMMy son and I have been playing through Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast lately. We're roughly 25 hours in and he's loving it! Such a fun game to play through again.
How are the random battles? I hear they are killer.
They are pretty frequent, but one of the characters has a special attack that can be used every fight that almost always hits and destroys all enemies on the first round so they are usually quick.

We made it to the second disc a couple of days ago. It looks like we'll finish it up this weekend. It's too bad this game never got a sequel.

cr8zykuban0

been playing some eschatos on the 360, such a fun shmup. also tried kromaia omega on ps4, pretty cool game but kinda gives me motion sickness which is no bueno

Medic_wheat

I have been playing mega man 2 a lot recently. Lovely game store is having a speed run contest tomorrow. Prize is $50 store creadit.

I don't know what to expect as I have never participated in this sort of contest previously. However, I currently have my speed run down to 32 minutes no continues. Not that great as speed runners who know all the glitch ways to by pass parts of the game could do the game in the low 20 ish minute mark. But for an average joe like me I fee good about my times. Here is hoping I don't fluffed butter it up when I have a group of people watching.

Gentlegamer

IMG

mackdanger

I had absolutely nothing to do the other day so I played Neutopia I from start to finish in one sitting. Will probably tackle II here in a few days.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

roflmao

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/17/2017, 02:40 PMI have been playing mega man 2 a lot recently. Lovely game store is having a speed run contest tomorrow. Prize is $50 store creadit.

I don't know what to expect as I have never participated in this sort of contest previously. However, I currently have my speed run down to 32 minutes no continues. Not that great as speed runners who know all the glitch ways to by pass parts of the game could do the game in the low 20 ish minute mark. But for an average joe like me I fee good about my times. Here is hoping I don't fluffed butter it up when I have a group of people watching.
That's awesome! I don't think I've ever even finished Mega Man 2 (and I know it's considered one of the easier ones)!

Quote from: mackdangerI had absolutely nothing to do the other day so I played Neutopia I from start to finish in one sitting. Will probably tackle II here in a few days.
Good googly moogly. I miss days like that. :P

When I'm not playing Skies of Arcadia with the lil, I've gotten back into playing Morrowind (GotY) on the original Xbox. Still so addicting.

esteban

Quote from: mackdanger on 03/17/2017, 07:08 PMI had absolutely nothing to do the other day so I played Neutopia I from start to finish in one sitting. Will probably tackle II here in a few days.
That's awesome. I never finished those games in one sitting. Never.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Mega Man 2 contest update.

Well I came in second place. It's was fun though. I wish the baby sitter actually came, but she didn't and I had to take my son with me. I didn't think I'd get to play but the game store was okay with my two year two year old (this April) to be present. My son only took the controller away once saying MINE. Which lead to a death on Heatman.

Contest:

Mega buster only, three lives per stage. You loss all three lives you get dropped from the contest. And it's buster all the way through no options or anything. Unfortunately they used a Retron 5 hooked up to a projector. So there was a never noticed delay. It was very frustrating when playing mega man of all games.

The prize ended up being $25 for first place and $15 for second due to only 5 people registering.

I was very surprised to see one kid who was maybe 14 and another maybe 9 or 10. The youngest also impressed me as he was missing one arm and played similarly to my wife (also missing one arm) where she used on hand for the d pad an the nubby arm for the a and b control (My wife does it opposite as it is her left arm she is missing).

The lag is what really messed up everyone. In fact instead of a semi round befor the final t was only me and the other guy who ended up winning simply because we didn't die on crash mans stage. I might have won if I didn't get frustrated in crash Man during the boss fight and die two times in a row as I got all spastic.

We ended up doing the semi round (heat man) and the first Willy stage (specials allowed) where we played both stages and then added the time for each stage together. The guy ended up being 30 seconds faster.

At the end I was just hanging out and the kid who was maybe 14 who was with his father was talking to one fk the video game employees. I over heard the kid say there NES he had wasn't working.

So I offered the kid a free NES. Kid said yes and the father followed me to my place which was near the store. I have the kid a extra NES and threw in a extra Mega Man 2 game. The father kept asking to reimburse me for my trouble and wouldn't take no. I didn't want to insult the man and took the $20 he offered.

Over all it was fun. I was generally impressed with the younger kids showing interest and skill with older games WAY before their time.

https://www.facebook.com/GameOverSanAntonioNW/posts/608939719302841

esteban

Ha! That was kool to give the kid NES and MM2.

Also, I had never thought about what it would be like to use a standard NES controller with a "nubby arm" (prosthetic arm?) so it was interesting to read about that in your post. Forgive my ignorance... I originally assumed prosthesis was involved, but then I realized I could be wrong.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 03/20/2017, 08:40 PMHa! That was kool to give the kid NES and MM2.

Also, I had never thought about what it would be like to use a standard NES controller with a "nubby arm" (prosthetic arm?) so it was interesting to read about that in your post. Forgive my ignorance... I originally assumed prosthesis was involved, but then I realized I could be wrong.

:)
Perfectly ok. As I was making up words.

No prosthetics where used by either the kid or my wife. They just used what was left of their malformed arm.

The difference being my wife was born with part of her arm unformed just past the elbow. The child at the contest (spoke with his mom) was borne just fine. However, he seems to have some sort of immunodeficiency which causes his body to attack itself. Resulting in his right arm being amputated semi recently above the elbow.

The kid did great showed the ability to be very patient during his run. I honestly thing both of the younger kids would have made it to the semi finals had it not been for the lag with the projector.

If I remember the rounds/stages where

Woodman
Airman
Crashman  (everyone had trouble with the boss due to the lag)

Heatman
Willy stage one (puff the magic dragon 🐉)

Gypsy

Almost done with Shining Force III. Last chapter I believe. Nice game.

roflmao

Great read, Medic! Thanks for the update. You're a kind soul for giving that kid an NES and MM2.

Serega81

Replaying Mafia 3 on the PS4, one of the best storylines ever, too bad the game itself is a bit repetitive.. 8/10 also playing through Yakuza 0, 0 and 4 IMHO are the best in the series.
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

esadajr

Meikyujima, a bit more difficult than the western release but at least I get to pick the stage.
Gaming since 1985

roflmao

My son and I finally completed Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast. Man, what a fun game! Next up, Grandia 2. :D

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2017, 11:39 AMMy son and I finally completed Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast. Man, what a fun game! Next up, Grandia 2. :D

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
It's a shame sega can't be bother to revisit for a sequel.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

Quote from: Serega81 on 04/16/2017, 03:39 AMReplaying Mafia 3 on the PS4, one of the best storylines ever, too bad the game itself is a bit repetitive.. 8/10 also playing through Yakuza 0, 0 and 4 IMHO are the best in the series.
I really need to get a PS4 to play 0.

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2017, 11:39 AMMy son and I finally completed Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast. Man, what a fun game! Next up, Grandia 2. :D
Nice,  Skies is a good one.

It's been many years since I've played Grandia II, I remember thinking it was ok but not great. There is a sequence later in the game where you will need to go to a weird equipment set-up to make it a lot easier. Teenage me figured it out w/o checking the internet so it can't be too tricky but if memory serves... You need to use a tight dress and then an item to make the enemy target the character wearing it. Don't recall the name of that item, but you should see w/e it is naturally, it's not hidden or anything. This is pretty late in the game. I believe I was pretty frustrated before I thought of this.

Nearing the end of a Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn playthrough. 5 or 6 missions left. I was going to try it on hard after finishing PoR on hard earlier this year then I was like NOPE, don't have time for this shit. So I went back to normal instead. Later found out that apparently hard was cut from the US release (to make room for easy) and is actually Maniac.

roflmao

Quote from: TR0N on 04/19/2017, 03:59 AMIt's a shame sega can't be bother to revisit for a sequel.
Yeah, I wish they'd make a sequel too.

I picked up Starpoint Gemini 2 on Steam yesterday hoping to scratch that Freelancer itch and so for is does not disappoint! I'm only a couple of hours in, but almost thought about calling in sick today so I could stay home and play it. :D

Strider77

Sexy Parodius (Saturn)....       it's the best one right? It has the word "sexy" in the title.

Showed up with PC Denjin in the same package. It was a good day (Monday), both exceeded my expectations by a good bit.

Gypsy

Sexy Parodius is hilarious.

Just finished up Radiant Dawn.

Gypsy

Really digging into Snatcher tonight. Played about 2 and a half hours so far. Probably will finish it this week I would think.

Gypsy

Finished Snatcher the other day. Twas good. Got my 10 cents worth for sure.

Playing Super Metroid now. Japanese cart, but it has an English text option when you start a game, so lol.

NightWolve

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/29/2017, 03:17 PMPlaying Super Metroid now. Japanese cart, but it has an English text option when you start a game, so lol.
Huh, that's cool, didn't know that. Great game obviously, you'll enjoy it.

I do have a Snatcher Sega CD image, wanted to beat it after Popful Mail, but I never got back around to playing with the Kega emulator. It's on the backlog, and an important part of gaming history, I should make the time for it eventually.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/29/2017, 03:17 PMFinished Snatcher the other day. Twas good. Got my 10 cents worth for sure.

Playing Super Metroid now. Japanese cart, but it has an English text option when you start a game, so lol.
I was unaware of that as well. I doubt there is anything different game play or sprit wise. However it does make me want to get a CIB copy as I like the box art. And now it will be playable.

Which. Wait. When did a CIB copy of super metroid for the famicom become a $70 game?  I remember motto long ago you could get a lot of super famicom CIB games for $70 WITH super metroid Mario kart and so forth. Man five years later and prices spiked.

Medic_wheat

Ok you made me pop in my NTSC copy of Metroid. How is it I never realized it had Japanese text options.

nectarsis

I wanted to get to Trails in the sky SC, but it's been so long since the first I decided to replay it to get back up to speed with places/chaacters.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/29/2017, 04:51 PMHuh, that's cool, didn't know that. Great game obviously, you'll enjoy it.

I do have a Snatcher Sega CD image, wanted to beat it after Popful Mail, but I never got back around to playing with the Kega emulator. It's on the backlog, and an important part of gaming history, I should make the time for it eventually.
Yeah it's fantastic. I played a couple hours before I knew it. The game is pretty intuitive too, and it isn't difficult to progress.

As for Snatcher I will just say that normally I don't have a ton of patience for vns. And, I'm sure some would classify it as an adventure game, but I think it's much closer to a vn. Regardless the point is I ended up finishing the game in 2 and a half sittings (first sitting I ran through the first part, then I played some more a couple days later, had to go do some other stuff but left the system on and got right back to finishing it). It was better than I expected going in and kinda feels like a decent sci-fi movie.

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/29/2017, 04:57 PMI was unaware of that as well. I doubt there is anything different game play or sprit wise. However it does make me want to get a CIB copy as I like the box art. And now it will be playable.

Which. Wait. When did a CIB copy of super metroid for the famicom become a $70 game?  I remember motto long ago you could get a lot of super famicom CIB games for $70 WITH super metroid Mario kart and so forth. Man five years later and prices spiked.
Yeah I would be the games are identical aside from the physical differences with the cart.

The art is great. The price should be closer to $50, that's what it was valued at in trade at least. I did a fair bit of fun trading recently. Got rid of my Nomad that I never really used with some Genny games for a SNES mini, SM CIB and Nosferatu loose cart. Buuuuut anyway yeah Japan is basically getting strip mined of their games by game hungry US and EU gamers. As the game sales fly the stock dwindles and the prices increase. Fortunately with a game like SM a ton of copies were made, so a Japanese loose cart should only be like $20-25 instead of whatever awful price a US cart commands.

Gypsy

Finished Super Metroid last night. Fantastic game. Usually I'm skeptical of older games so universally praised but it lives up to the street cred it has.

NecroPhile

I finished up Brandish on the PSP over the weekend and tried starting up the PCE version.  I don't know if I got the stamina to play through it again but with clunkier controls, so maybe it's one I'll chip away at over time.  A floor or two a week maybe?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I'm going to play some PS1 tonight. Maybe I'll finally finish a playthrough Alundra.

Gredler

I started trails of cold steel last night, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I've never watched a school anime, so this is a bit alien to me. I hope the story picks up and takes you elsewhere, but the starting area and excessive amounts of poor dialog hasn't put it in my mind as a must get back to playing it.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gredler on 05/02/2017, 07:12 PMI started trails of cold steel last night, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I've never watched a school anime, so this is a bit alien to me. I hope the story picks up and takes you elsewhere, but the starting area and excessive amounts of poor dialog hasn't put it in my mind as a must get back to playing it.
Aren't 98% of Anime shows and movies about high school?

Gypsy

Quote from: Gredler on 05/02/2017, 07:12 PMI started trails of cold steel last night, and I am not sure how I feel about it. I've never watched a school anime, so this is a bit alien to me. I hope the story picks up and takes you elsewhere, but the starting area and excessive amounts of poor dialog hasn't put it in my mind as a must get back to playing it.
You do eventually start going off campus, but I don't remember the dialog getting any better. It's typical JRPG stuff.

I enjoyed it enough that I'll buy the sequel though. I also did everything you can on one playthrough. I thought about platting it for a sec but then I came to my senses. I think I'll get to the sequel this year at some point, but right now I already have a few games queued up.

captainzoli

Played a little warhammer 40k dawn of  war 3 this afternoon followed by some Oreshika:  Tainted Bloodlines this evening. Still trying to decide if I want to buy a cd attachment for my atari jaguar. Lol.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: captainzoli on 05/02/2017, 11:31 PMPlayed a little warhammer 40k dawn of  war 3 this afternoon followed by some Oreshika:  Tainted Bloodlines this evening. Still trying to decide if I want to buy a cd attachment for my atari jaguar. Lol.
How are the Warhammer games? I've been tempted to buy a few of them in the past. I used to play 40k tabletop, so I'd like to give some of these a try but they all receive mediocre reviews.

Gypsy

Quote from: Zero_Gamer on 05/03/2017, 01:27 PM
Quote from: captainzoli on 05/02/2017, 11:31 PMPlayed a little warhammer 40k dawn of  war 3 this afternoon followed by some Oreshika:  Tainted Bloodlines this evening. Still trying to decide if I want to buy a cd attachment for my atari jaguar. Lol.
How are the Warhammer games? I've been tempted to buy a few of them in the past. I used to play 40k tabletop, so I'd like to give some of these a try but they all receive mediocre reviews.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
The Dawn of War games are pretty solid RTS. All the campaigns are worth playing imo. The later expansions kill competitive balance though.

Dawn of War II is solid, a little quirky.

Space Marine was like...alright. If you like third person shooters you should get enough enjoyment out of it, especially since it's like $5.

Spacehulk Deathwing has aids.

crazydean

Played some Zombies Ate My Neighbors earlier today. I've been trying to beat this game for 15 years. I finally decided to just cheat and power through.

Turns out the reason I never beat it is password system. I drank seven beers  before I made it halfway through. When you use a password, you lose all your items so it's best to do it in one go. It's just too damn long.

PukeSter

Finally decided to beat Sonic the Hedgehog on the genny. Unlike a lot of people, I can't stomach the game once Marble Zone hits but I know it's part of "gamer cred"

Managed to pull through and even get two of the emeralds! The final boss was pretty easy too, though some of the levels were stressful. Too bad it's such a boring game as I have no reason to play it ever again.

Gypsy

I've been playing Wild Arms a bit lately. Around 1/3 in.

Also did some PCE game replays since they are nice and short. :)

jtucci31

I just beat Final Fantasy 7 for the first time on the Vita. What a truly amazing game that I still think holds up extremely well in terms of storytelling and pure gameplay mechanics (the materia system being so simple and straightforward with each players' approach and use of the system). The opening 4-6 hours of the game are so incredibly grandiose in a sort of mysterious and ambiguous sense. Fantastic music, never got tired of the battle tunes, and fantastic characters.

I won't spoil the ending (despite people knowing the big major climax and the game being almost 20 years old by now) but I really thought the ending was perfect in how it actually ended. So glad I finally played it, it's been on my list for years. Cannot wait for the remake on PS4!

TR0N

PS4
Injustice 2,it's fighting system is taking me time to get use to.Still i think netherrealm studios out did them self with this one.

Retro Freak
Magical Doropie
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

geise

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 05:27 PMFinally decided to beat Sonic the Hedgehog on the genny. Unlike a lot of people, I can't stomach the game once Marble Zone hits but I know it's part of "gamer cred"

Managed to pull through and even get two of the emeralds! The final boss was pretty easy too, though some of the levels were stressful. Too bad it's such a boring game as I have no reason to play it ever again.
You haven't beaten it unless you've gotten all the Emeralds. :)  Sorry you didn't care for the game. I loved it when it was initially released. I still enjoy playing the first one.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2017, 05:27 PMFinally decided to beat Sonic the Hedgehog on the genny. Unlike a lot of people, I can't stomach the game once Marble Zone hits but I know it's part of "gamer cred"

Tried to get through Sonic 2 awhile back. Didn't beat it and haven't looked back. The only Sonic game I ever finished was Sonic Adventure. Genny Sonic games are boring.

PukeSter

Quote from: geise on 05/18/2017, 10:08 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 05/17/2017, 05:27 PMFinally decided to beat Sonic the Hedgehog on the genny. Unlike a lot of people, I can't stomach the game once Marble Zone hits but I know it's part of "gamer cred"

You haven't beaten it unless you've gotten all the Emeralds. :)  Sorry you didn't care for the game. I loved it when it was initially released. I still enjoy playing the first one. 
I think it might just be me. I do like Sonic 2 quite a bit but the only one I truly love out of them all is Sonic CD

Dicer

I've not touched the retro kit in a little bit been playin Minecraft (yes I know) and Paladins, kids comin up for the weekend so there will be plenty of retro action then.

I also need a Switch STAT.

Psycho Punch

Just playing some Splinter Cell Blacklist wishing I was playing Chaos Theory.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

roflmao

I'm still playing Starpoint Gemini 2 a ton on Steam, though I think it's starting to wane. After nearly 50 hours of gameplay I think I've gotten my money's worth (it cost about $5 on a Steam sale). Tons of fun if you can get over some glaring flaws.

ToyMachine78

I've been giving my PS4 a lot of love lately. I finished Fallout 4 and Transformers Devastation. I'm about halfway through Far Cry 4, and started Divinity.

Fallout 4 is ok. Better than New Vegas, but not as good as 3 in my opinion. Far Cry is pretty fun. The story is flimsy and unengaging, but the open world and all the random shit that happens, makes it blast to play. 

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2017, 11:22 AMI've been giving my PS4 a lot of love lately. I finished Fallout 4 and Transformers Devastation. I'm about halfway through Far Cry 4, and started Divinity.

Fallout 4 is ok. Better than New Vegas, but not as good as 3 in my opinion. Far Cry is pretty fun. The story is flimsy and unengaging, but the open world and all the random shit that happens, makes it blast to play.
Thoughts on Transformers? I'm likely picking it up in a trade.

Divinity rocks. Played it on teh PC.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/05/2017, 01:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/05/2017, 11:22 AMI've been giving my PS4 a lot of love lately. I finished Fallout 4 and Transformers Devastation. I'm about halfway through Far Cry 4, and started Divinity.

Thoughts on Transformers? I'm likely picking it up in a trade.

Divinity rocks. Played it on teh PC.
Transformers is ok. The artwork is gorgeous, voice work is top notch, and the boss battles are fun(especially the combiners). Overall though the gameplay is quite repetitive, with little replay value.