FS : Lots of games +... Update

Started by Thibaut, 08/02/2010, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RR1980

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/03/2011, 03:55 PMwell i would say if you want a complete MC in mint condition from a seller you can trust to deliver ( given you dont want to risk that much money ) then now is the time, people says its too much, price is high, should be lower etc, but the market does set the price.. thats an unfortunate reality, i kick myself for not buying copies at $300 US when i thought wow thats insane..  should the price double i will likley kick myself for not buying a spare copy at $1700 cos i thought "thats insane". 

Now id just love to know how he got a mint copy, i assume he has more and its not his personal copy.  And i wish he had the last few bits that i wanted ;)  Dont have a spare mint MC manual do you ;) and a mint boxed turrican, neutopia 2 and Order of the griffon..
well one thing you have to give thibaut credit for is he has his ways to find hard to find stuff like CIB Shuttle, LT/SCD interface and US Magical Chase....he sure has his connections!

Mishran

Quote from: RR1980 on 10/04/2011, 11:24 AMwell one thing you have to give thibaut credit for is he has his ways to find hard to find stuff like CIB Shuttle, LT/SCD interface and US Magical Chase....he sure has his connections!
Not to mention the money to throw around for such things... :-k

Thibaut

Passionné et collectionneur PC Engine

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

allyourblood

Apparently Trev also pwns wallets!

(congrats on the buy, though)  :D
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Dyna138

Not sure where you guys got that info, but I bought Magical Chase from Thibaut ^^;

My Duo is out for repair hopefully I'll get it back by the time I receive it.

MotherGunner

Dyna, you mean you actually paid him 1/10-15th the price of a new car?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

allyourblood

Oh. Well, congrats anyway! Sorry for your loss, though. (the massive wad of cash, I mean). Still, couldn't ask for a better copy, there.

Where is fancy bred?

RR1980

Quote from: allyourblood on 10/06/2011, 07:42 PMOh. Well, congrats anyway! Sorry for your loss, though. (the massive wad of cash, I mean). Still, couldn't ask for a better copy, there.
yeah at least you know this is gonna be a mint copy plus with how things are going before you know it $1700 is gonna be a STEAL for this game hehe

mrhaboobi

Congrats on the purchase.

"I saw that Magical Chase for $1500 and thought it wouldn't sell, but sure enough it did. Seems like people throw all rational thought out the window when it comes to this game. I hope all the kids with trust funds complete their TG collection and move on to something else so I can find a card only for a decent price one day."

given the above do we assume you inherited a rich kid with a trust fund :) or gave up and joined them ..  Its in excellent condition you will be happy.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

TheClash603

I think the last few copies which were MIB on ebay sold for more than $1,700?  With that said, this may have actually been a "deal."

I already own the game w/ manual (kinda meh condition), but that's good enough for me.  However, if I A.) didn't own the game, B.) if it were tax return or x-mas bonus time, and C.) could've talked him down $200... I would've maybe considered.

Mathius

I was just bullshitting regarding Trev's purchase.  :P

Dyna138

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/06/2011, 09:51 PMCongrats on the purchase.

"I saw that Magical Chase for $1500 and thought it wouldn't sell, but sure enough it did. Seems like people throw all rational thought out the window when it comes to this game. I hope all the kids with trust funds complete their TG collection and move on to something else so I can find a card only for a decent price one day."

given the above do we assume you inherited a rich kid with a trust fund :) or gave up and joined them ..  Its in excellent condition you will be happy.
Thanks.

I knew that quote would come back to haunt me! I really didn't ever plan on a complete Magical Chase, I always aimed at a card only and even then I wasn't sure I'd even get one. There are a couple reasons I decided to go ahead with the purchase, but what's important is I'm happy and excited to finally get the game and that's all that matters.

Sleepy Gnome

How much do people suppose a gap version of the game in it's case is worth?

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

Typo, think he meant "Jap" version...
-MG

NecroPhile

Oh, duh;  shoulda figured that out.  :oops:

The last PCE Magical Chase went for $140 on eBay, so maybe $100 or so for a forum deal.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sleepy Gnome

yeah sorry i meant a jap version and thanks for the price guide. does anyone know if the jap language makes this hard to get to grips with? or is it easy enough to figure out?

Mathius

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 10/11/2011, 06:24 PMyeah sorry i meant a jap version and thanks for the price guide. does anyone know if the jap language makes this hard to get to grips with? or is it easy enough to figure out?
Most shooters are easy to figure out.

jperryss

Quote from: Mathius on 10/11/2011, 11:31 PM
Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 10/11/2011, 06:24 PMyeah sorry i meant a jap version and thanks for the price guide. does anyone know if the jap language makes this hard to get to grips with? or is it easy enough to figure out?
Most shooters are easy to figure out.
Yep, and MC is no exception.

Sleepy Gnome

is the game actually any good?

Otaking

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 10/15/2011, 07:34 AMis the game actually any good?
Yeh it's a really good game, it would be in my top 5 shooters for the system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

BlueBMW

Magical Chase is on the easier side as far as shooters go, but its a fun little game.  Its actually one of the only shooters I've ever cleared!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jperryss

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/15/2011, 07:02 PMMagical Chase is on the easier side as far as shooters go, but its a fun little game.  Its actually one of the only shooters I've ever cleared!
Same here! I suck at shooters but MC is a lot of fun.

Dyna138

Magical Chase received safely and as described by Thibaut. Here are some pics:

IMG

In a case with Sparky label (thanks Sparky!):

IMG

I might have to separate these two...

IMG

As far as the game goes I keep replaying Breeze mode...I'm not in a rush to beat this one. It isn't much a technical shooter it's more like Air Zonk or Coryoon, just fun to play. It's a very forgiving game with a life meter and shop to upgrade weapons and restore health. I love the graphical style and music so far, it's a shame its so damn hard to find.

chany60126

Breeze difficulty? That mode is cakewalk, even for shmup noobs. You should at least try bumpy first. :P

Dyna138

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/16/2011, 04:15 PMBreeze difficulty? That mode is cakewalk, even for shmup noobs. You should at least try bumpy first. :P
Well the idea is that I didn't want to finish the game too quickly, but yeah I'm thinking the next time I play it's time to move up.

RR1980

wow the box and the manual for that MC are super minty but it didn't come with a jewel case?

chany60126

MC never came with a case. When TTI took over, they cut costs and stopped packaging their later release hucard games in cases.

geise

Yeah and sega started doing the same thing puting the games in cardboard boxes.  So sad. I wonder if the gaming market at the time was at a low, so everyone was cutting corners to save some $$.  Nintendo never had nice cases.  It was sad TTI stopped with the hu-card cases.

Dyna138

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/17/2011, 09:08 AMMC never came with a case. When TTI took over, they cut costs and stopped packaging their later release hucard games in cases.
On the bright side, at the same time TTI dropped the cases they also began putting full color artwork on the HuCards. I think I'd rather have color artwork on the chips than have the cases. It's a shame that TTI couldn't get anything completely right though, they could have easily dropped the outer boxes and release the chip games in cases like the SCD games.

allyourblood

Quote from: Dyna138 on 10/19/2011, 08:46 PMOn the bright side, at the same time TTI dropped the cases they also began putting full color artwork on the HuCards. I think I'd rather have color artwork on the chips than have the cases.
Wow. I never noticed this until your post! I would agree that color HuCards wins out over cases; after all, with Sparky around, there's no need!

And that Magical Chase set looks fantastic, by the way. Congrats!

Where is fancy bred?

alexsduo

Quote from: Sleepy Gnome on 10/10/2011, 04:40 PMHow much do people suppose a gap version of the game in it's case is worth?
I prefer the Old Navy version.  :)
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

MotherGunner

Ugh.. why are we even bumping this thread?
-MG

BigusSchmuck

Man thats even to expensive for Valis 2! If he halved his prices they might sell better...

farankoshan

Is everything from the 1st post still available?
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

Thibaut

mrhaboobi

Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

gekioh

Thibaut

Damon Plus

Bernie

His prices usually include shipping, and he packs VERY well.  I have bought from him before, and would do it again. 

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 04:51 PMMan thats even to expensive for Valis 2! If he halved his prices they might sell better...

Damon Plus

Oh, didn't know prices include shipping already.

gekioh

Another PM sent, since new games have been added  =P~ :D

Thibaut

Thibaut

gekioh

Hey thanks so much Thaibut, game arrived super fast and in great shape. Much appreciated dude!

glazball

pm sent as well.  Thanks!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

SuperPlay

Quote from: Bernie on 04/06/2012, 01:15 PMHis prices usually include shipping, and he packs VERY well.  I have bought from him before, and would do it again. 

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 04:51 PMMan thats even to expensive for Valis 2! If he halved his prices they might sell better...
I have always had to pay shipping costs on top of the listed price when I have purchased from Thibaut