Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Has there ever been a year long streak when DEII sold complete on eBay for an average price of $400? Blindly basing a game's value or "worth" stats alone would mean that for DEII to be worth $400 to a mindless robot*, $400 would have to be the consistent average selling price, not the top end of a spectrum skewed by rich insta collectors.

Record highs only have meaning to resellers looking to gouge even higher. The lower end of regular sold pricesare what concern buyers looking for value and not bragging rights.

There are local stores that sell new games at msrp, some that price everything $10 above and others that price everything $10 below. The overpriced stores with stock rotting on shelves do not reflect tge true value or "worth" of the games.

*Real humans possess common sense and can interpret stats. If you are a real game fan looking to buy a particular game (without planning to ever sell it) and it regularly sells for <$200 as often as it does for <$400, what are you going to perceive the game's monetary worth to be? If you use the unique power of the human mind to factor in how it so often fails to sell for asking prices of <$400, yet rarely remains unsold at <$200... as well as incorporate the knowledge that gougers purposely buy up games at lower end prices with the intent to flip them at top end or even higher prices (an artificial manipulation attempt)... it should be a no-brainer, as long as you have a human brain and use it.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 12:50 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 11:46 AMNothing changes the initial point. "DE2 sells for less than $200 on ebay" is false.
For BT's statement to be false, there couldn't be a single auction that ended under $200; yet your pricecharting link shows two instances where it sold for ~$1501, and it sold just last week for under $2002 (barely under, but under nonetheless).  No doubt there are even more instances; I'll trust BT's and Prof.'s memories long before I'll trust the demonstrably flawed pricecharting site.

And we're still waiting for an explanation of why you hang out in this thread so much.

1 - They were six months ago, but so what?  BT didn't stipulate a time frame; you applied that arbitrary limit to better your argument.
2 - Note that even though this auction is properly listed, it doesn't show up on your beloved pricecharting.
1. The price of a share of Apple was $610 in August of 2013. It is currently $460. If I claimed Apple Stock was worth $610, that would be complete bullshit. Prices change. Also, there are two links between now and August 2013 in that list that ARE less than $200, which are disc only. Saying the statement "It sells for less than $200" gives the notion that you can easily get a complete copy for less than $200 on a routine basis. Good luck with that. 

2. That listing is a BIN, not an auction. Pricecharting only stores auction results. plcards got Bonk 3 for $20 off a BIN. I'd doubt anyone would claim that the current going rate for Bonk 3 is $20.

I've made it clear that I don't care about your question. Feel free to include it in every response.
1. Games aren't an investment. They are created with a completely different purpose and use. This kind of thinking puts you at odds with the forum and only applies to pro resellers. Citing the stock market as a legitimate and natural and infallable  market is a joke in itself.

2. So record highs are fact and record lows are meaninglesss?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PM*Real humans possess common sense and can interpret stats. If you are a real game fan looking to buy a particular game (without planning to ever sell it) and it regularly sells for <$200 as often as it does for <$400, what are you going to perceive the game's monetary worth to be? If you use the unique power of the human mind to factor in how it so often fails to sell for asking prices of <$400, yet rarely remains unsold at <$200... as well as incorporate the knowledge that gougers purposely buy up games at lower end prices with the intent to flip them at top end or even higher prices (an artificial manipulation attempt)... it should be a no-brainer, as long as you have a human brain and use it.
I didn't say I thought it was worth $400 permanently. I think that notion is as ridiculous as saying it is still worth $200. The only people getting it for less than $200 in the last year got disc only. Condition matters.

You said, to an effect, that it NEVER was worth > $400. It sold once for $460. That isn't never.

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PMas well as incorporate the knowledge that gougers purposely buy up games at lower end prices with the intent to flip them at top end or even higher prices (an artificial manipulation attempt)

How often it fails to sell? That is hilarious.

#1, Its no longer artificial if they sell.

#2, "Gougers" aren't buy games at "lower end prices." There is NO value in that. plcards (a non-top-rated seller), the epicenter of reselling, buys stuff WAY below market value, and flips it.

Do the math: Ebay+paypal charges 13.2% for a listing, including shipping. Lets say the low end for soldier blade is $70, and the high end is $90. If you buy it for $70, and sell it for $90, you actually get 90 * .868 = 78.12 - $2 shipping - $0.30 PP fee - $70 purchase = $5.82 profit. Only an idiot would think that a reseller would go to that effort to make $5.82. Or a paranoid delusional person who thinks resellers would waste their time and effort to make $5.82 in profit, because they are part of an EVIL RESELLER NETWORK. That said, I bet if plc sees that soldier blade for $50, he will resell it. Its about profit, not some crazy conspiracy theory.

Speaking of using your brain...
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

=; Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down here. Let me get this straight: DK disagrees with views expressed in the gouging thread?!?
Topic Adjourned.

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PM1. The price of a share of Apple was $610 in August of 2013. It is currently $460. If I claimed Apple Stock was worth $610, that would be complete bullshit.
eBay = NASDAQ.  :lol:

When a stock is listed simultaneously on multiple exchanges, at varying prices within a single exchange, and from multiple sellers who can set the price at whatever they want, you'll have a point; in the mean time, you're an idiot.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PM2. That listing is a BIN, not an auction. Pricecharting only stores auction results.
Making it even more worthless.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PMplcards got Bonk 3 for $20 off a BIN. I'd doubt anyone would claim that the current going rate for Bonk 3 is $20.
I agree it's not the going price, yet it does factor into the game's overall value.  Similarly, a reasonable person wouldn't look at the sale of a single copy of DEII at $460 and say that every copy was worth the same amount.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PMI've made it clear that I don't care about your question. Feel free to include it in every response.
You can't answer why you're such a whiny cunt, eh?  I guess it'll remain a mystery for the ages.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:47 PMI didn't say I thought it was worth $400 permanently.
Neither did BT state that a single copy never sold for $400+.  There's a big difference between a single sale price and a titles average worth.  Duh!

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:47 PMThe only people getting it for less than $200 in the last year got disc only. Condition matters.
You mean in the last six months and not in BINs, right clownshoes?  Complete copies have sold at least FOUR times in the past year for less than $200 - 1, 2, 3, 4!

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:47 PMYou said, to an effect, that it NEVER was worth > $400. It sold once for $460. That isn't never.
Again, a single sale does not dictate the worth of every single copy in existence.  Again, duh!

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:47 PM#2, "Gougers" aren't buy games at "lower end prices." There is NO value in that. plcards (a non-top-rated seller), the epicenter of reselling, buys stuff WAY below market value, and flips it.
Ha!  We've seen plcards and other resellers buying games in regular seven day auctions (a.k.a. - fair market value) and listing 'em later for big BINs many, many times.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:47 PMSpeaking of using your brain...
Please let us know if you ever get one.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

QuoteThe only people getting it for less than $200 in the last year got disc only. Condition matters.
Mine was completely complete. As were the other copies in eBay's sold history at the time, which sold for under $200. I was there and witnessed it and participated myself. You are saying that actual history you did not witness did not occur because it did not qualify to make it on a chart that someone/thing else made. You are admitting to not having or acknowledging all of facts and continue to ommit any variables that don't support your pre-conceived conclusion.

Quote1. The price of a share of Apple was $610 in August of 2013. It is currently $460. If I claimed Apple Stock was worth $610, that would be complete bullshit. Prices change. Also, there are two links between now and August 2013 in that list that ARE less than $200, which are disc only. Saying the statement "It sells for less than $200" gives the notion that you can easily get a complete copy for less than $200 on a routine basis. Good luck with that. 
The stock market completely bottomed out the other day. You know why? The people making money off of nothing use robots to do the trading now. But even they know that some interpretation is required. So they programmed the AI with a poor substitiute for human common sense. The robots all read a single fake tweet and dumped all their stocks. All over nothing. But you know why the traders programmed the robots to do that? Because stocks have no intrinsic value to them. They will dump them for pennies on the dollar in an instant if they feel that others value imaginary units for next to nothing.

Video games aren't worthless monetary units representing an IOU. You actually had the balls to suggest that video game players leave all of the video games to monetary traders. Instead, why don't you guys just write the names of every video game on slips of paper and just sell those to each other. Then the rest of us video game players can continue playing the video games that we've been playing ever since they were made for playing. This way you guys get the full value and enjoyment out of your investments that you have been all along and we get the full enjoyment and value out of the video games that we have been playing all along. It's the only win-win-win scenario.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sparky

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/07/2013, 04:14 PMBecause stocks have no intrinsic value to them.

Stocks ACTUALLY do have an intrinsic value. They represent a piece of a company that has holdings and earnings. Video games, on the other hand, have no intrinsic value. They are about $0.03 worth of plastic. I find it rather funny you use intrinsic, since you clearly don't even know what that means. That isn't your emotional value in the item, its the raw materials that make up an item.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/06/contemplatingcollectibles.asp

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/07/2013, 04:14 PMYou actually had the balls to suggest that video game players leave all of the video games to monetary traders.

LOL, what? I did? News to me.

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/07/2013, 04:14 PMInstead, why don't you guys just write the names of every video game on slips of paper and just sell those to each other. Then the rest of us video game players can continue playing the video games that we've been playing ever since they were made for playing. This way you guys get the full value and enjoyment out of your investments that you have been all along and we get the full enjoyment and value out of the video games that we have been playing all along. It's the only win-win-win scenario.
Good luck getting the EVIL RESELLER NETWORK to do that... Oh wait, it is independent people making these decisions. Yeah, resellers are taking advantage of the collectors willing to pay absurd amounts for games. Oh well, that is reality. Its better that, then lying to fellow forum members about the going price of a game. 

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 04:12 PMmore name-calling.
Yawn. Here's a hint. You don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 05:11 PMYawn. Here's a hint. You don't like what I'm saying, put me on ignore.
That's rich coming from you, little man.  If you disagree so much with this thread, leave.  You won't be missed.

DildoKKKobold

Proof Bonk 3 is only worth $45! Anyone who pays more is an idiot-moron-gouger-reseller!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BONK-3-TurboGrafx-16-Turbo-Grafx-TURBO-DUO-CIB-Hucard-Game-Manual-/111022360101?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d972c625

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 04:12 PMYou mean in the last six months and not in BINs, right clownshoes?  Complete copies have sold at least FOUR times in the past year for less than $200 - 1, 2, 3, 4!
Sorry, 292 days, not a year. My bad for not being totally pedantic.

I don't care about BIN prices. I paid $40 for Exile 2: WP, doing a BIN snipe. I'm not under false pretenses that was the going price. Someone sniped Dynastic Hero US last year for $50. I've gotten some crazy good BIN snipes on ebay. They are good deals because they aren't the going price.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 05:25 PMProof Bonk 3 is only worth $45! Anyone who pays more is an idiot-moron-gouger-reseller!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BONK-3-TurboGrafx-16-Turbo-Grafx-TURBO-DUO-CIB-Hucard-Game-Manual-/111022360101?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d972c625
Proof Bonk 3 is worth $400!  Anyone who pays even $1 less is getting a sweet deal!

http://item.ebay.com/160954852333

Hyperbole is fun!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 05:33 PMHyperbole is fun!
https://i.imgur.com/axJmn.gif

Did you just miss where I said I don't count BINs?

Also yeah, to me Ebay is basically NASDAQ.

I find copies of SW Battlefront 2 on Xbox all the time. In January, I could sell a copy for $45. Now, I can get maybe $30. Did something magical happen to the quality of the game between now and then that dropped the price by 25%?
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 05:48 PMDid you just miss where I said I don't count BINs?
If you weren't so frickin' obtuse, you'd understand that it doesn't matter if it's a BIN or regular auction.  By the way, that auction came from your vaunted pricecharting, so so much for them not cataloging BINs.

Did you have to take special classes to be so wrong so often?

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 05:48 PMAlso yeah, to me Ebay is basically NASDAQ.

I find copies of SW Battlefront 2 on Xbox all the time. In January, I could sell a copy for $45. Now, I can get maybe $30. Did something magical happen to the quality of the game between now and then that dropped the price by 25%?
Further proof or your buffoonery and ignorance of stocks.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 06:04 PMIf you weren't so frickin' obtuse, you'd understand that it doesn't matter if it's a BIN or regular auction.
So tell me, when Bonk 3 sold for $45, how was that reflected in the market value? You said it effects the overall price. How? Should it be averaged in? What if the seller listed it for $1? Should that be averaged in?

A low BIN, especially one bought by plcards to flip, is meaningless. It has no affect on the market, it just lined his wallet with $200.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 06:10 PMSo tell me, when Bonk 3 sold for $45, how was that reflected in the market value? You said it effects the overall price. How? Should it be averaged in? What if the seller listed it for $1? Should that be averaged in?
Sure, why not?  If the highest price auctions (i.e. - the $460 DEII) are a factor in determining value, then so must the lowest.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 06:10 PMA low BIN, especially one bought by plcards to flip, is meaningless. It has no affect on the market, it just lined his wallet with $200.
Only high prices count!  Rawrrrrr!

CrackTiger

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 06:10 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 06:04 PMIf you weren't so frickin' obtuse, you'd understand that it doesn't matter if it's a BIN or regular auction.
So tell me, when Bonk 3 sold for $45, how was that reflected in the market value? You said it effects the overall price. How? Should it be averaged in? What if the seller listed it for $1? Should that be averaged in?

A low BIN, especially one bought by plcards to flip, is meaningless. It has no affect on the market, it just lined his wallet with $200.
So now you're  providing evidence that the eBay "market" is artificially inflated by resellers? :lol:

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/08/2013, 10:38 AMSo now you're  providing evidence that the eBay "market" is artificially inflated by resellers? :lol:
In DK's bizarro world, BINs aren't 'fair market value' and therefor don't count (unless he's trying to make a point).  Not that it matters, though, as there's plenty of regular auctions in plcards history that he bought and later sold for profit.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/08/2013, 11:29 AMIn DK's bizarro world, BINs aren't 'fair market value'...
In my world it isn't?

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/07/2013, 04:12 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 02:29 PMplcards got Bonk 3 for $45(fixed) off a BIN. I'd doubt anyone would claim that the current going rate for Bonk 3 is $45.(fixed)
I agree it's not the going price, yet it does factor into the game's overall value. 
In your world, it isn't either. But wait, you said it factors in! So, lets get some in-depth analysis into how:

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/08/2013, 09:32 AM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 06:10 PMSo tell me, when Bonk 3 sold for $45, how was that reflected in the market value? ...
Sure, why not? 
"How?" "Sure!"  What an amazing, intelligent response.

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/08/2013, 10:38 AMSo now you're  providing evidence that the eBay "market" is artificially inflated by resellers? :lol:
So, you'd think you'd learn not to use economic terms, since you clearly don't know what they mean, "intrinsic value" and now "artificial inflation."

This is artificial inflation in the video game market:

http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/04/someone-is-cornering-clayfighter.html

Artificial inflation would be buying all (or most) of the copies at FMV, to corner the market. Not a one-off buy of a game 1/4 of FMV for a quick resale. Learn what terms mean before you use them.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bernie

Not understanding why people continue to entertain the Troll.  Clearly his only reason for being here is to stir the shitpot.

CrackTiger

QuoteI didn't say I thought it was worth $400 permanently. I think that notion is as ridiculous as saying it is still worth $200. The only people getting it for less than $200 in the last year got disc only. Condition matters.
You do know that most of those "Loose" completed DEII sales on pricecharting are actually complete, right? :lol:

"Last year":

DEII complete for $108.49

DEII complete for $142.60

DEII complete for $152.50

But how about this past week?

Completely complete DEII for $199.99 minus cost of shipping -ridiculous!

Or two months ago?

DEII case with manual for $47 + DEII game disc for $149.95 = $196.95

Meanwhile, how long has this one been rotting at $430 with four failed offers?

QuoteYou said, to an effect, that it NEVER was worth > $400. It sold once for $460. That isn't never.
As I, as well as others explained, your interpretation of "worth" differs from the rest of us. I pointed out that it regularly sells for <$200, even if people occasionally overpay or snag it for like $50. If this clown faked a sale, as we have proven that some resellers do, in order to make clueless insta-collectors believe in manufactured values... that doesn't mean that the game is now "worth" $2000+, even though it continues to sell complete on eBay for <$200.

If you're a gouger, top end sale prices may be inspiration to list a game super high for years on end, hoping for a huge payout on your investment from a desperate collector. But if your a buyer with common sense, it still means that if you really want it, you don't have to pay more than $200 to get it on eBay.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/08/2013, 08:16 PMThe exact same shit Necromancer posted...
To give the same exact response I gave to necromancer.

Yeah, sorry, 293 days ago, not 1 calendar year. Sorry for not being pedantic.

And, yeah, that last one was on ebay for all of 10 minutes. So, yes, you could have gotten lucky, had you been on ebay in that exact ten minutes in the last 293 days. Congrats.

Regularly... 293 days ago. Or in a 10 minute span over the course of 293 days, which is less than 0.0001% of the time.

However, there have been 7 sales over $200 in the last 293 days.

So, even if we count your ridiculous BIN in 10 minutes, and the spliced together under 200, in the last 293 days...

7 Sales of over 200. Some well over 200, in the 300 - 400 range.

2 versus 7! The two sales totally outweigh the SEVEN OTHER SALES.

This would be an honest, accurate assessment of the price:

"Regularly sells for over 250, pushing 300-400. You may be able to snag a copy these days for less than $200 with a lucky BIN or by piecing a set together. It used to sell for less than $200, but in the last year (cough 293 days) it has experienced a price spike."

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

Necromancer - where the heck is your avatar? Your new-found invisibility is creeping me out.

DK - Party time?
Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2013, 10:00 PMNecromancer - where the heck is your avatar? Your new-found invisibility is creeping me out.
These are my exact same thoughts.

Sparky

I don't even know what the argument is about anymore, but i do know no one is supporting your view Darkkobold and my god try reading some of your post, you come off so arrogant.

Instead of tactful or trying to understand another view you preach your way getting the backs up of everyone, hell even if you do have some valid points its lost in your approach. Your like some google lawyer gathering the facts and evidence waiting for some judge to rule in your fav.

Oh and incase you say others preach there ways.... There a lot more tactful then you.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2013, 11:11 PMThere a lot more tactful then you.
Could I be more tactful? Sure. However, don't pretend like everyone has been super nice, and I've been haughty and arrogant.

In this thread, Necromancer has called me a moron, a whiny cunt, and a collectard for disagreeing with Black Tiger on his faulty evaluation of a price.

YOU posted a picture of a dog, comparing it to me. You refuse to even write my name correct.

YOU dragged me up in this thread, which I hadn't even participated in.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12933.msg292418#msg292418

Its a little late in the game for you to be lecturing me on tactfulness. Get off your high horse.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

PunkCryborg

collectard lol you gotta admit dk that's pretty funny

Sparky

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/09/2013, 01:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/08/2013, 11:11 PMThere a lot more tactful then you.
Could I be more tactful? Sure. However, don't pretend like everyone has been super nice, and I've been haughty and arrogant.

In this thread, Necromancer has called me a moron, a whiny cunt, and a collectard for disagreeing with Black Tiger on his faulty evaluation of a price.

YOU posted a picture of a dog, comparing it to me. You refuse to even write my name correct.

YOU dragged me up in this thread, which I hadn't even participated in.

Its a little late in the game for you to be lecturing me on tactfulness. Get off your high horse.
hahahaha...see there you go again.
Lighten up man, i am sorry you do not have a personality and don't whine about how you have been treated you bring a lot of this on yourself with your very own high horse.

PCEngineHell

DK, you seem overly obsessed with this. The fact is DE II price has been in a constant state of fluctuation between $150 to $400 for awhile now, both on BIN and auction listings. Condition and completeness seemed to matter to a degree, but the fact remains it is very possible for the highly patient buyer to get it below 200 bucks, even if it is just a gamers condition copy, B&W manual copy, etc. When I was looking into this I seemed to recall at least 3 that sold for under $200. If I could I would go back and pull the auctions up, but ebays search engine for sold items does not go as far back as it used to. There just seems to be both extreme highs and extreme lows concerning the games going rate.  

Like I said, after researching and mulling over the idea of taking it to ebay, I opted out of having my copy end up in those statistics. **Money and rare items do funny things to people as-is, and I had probably 16-17 people contact me about the game from here and digital press, all making different offers. A couple were pretty low ball, many were vague (how much you lookin for?) inquires, and a few were for far more then I'd feel comfortable accepting (past the $250 range). I also had some motivation to avoid the game going to someone who planned to flip it a couple of weeks later. I traded it to a fellow gamer that post here and on Digital Press, keeping it strictly a deal between two gamers involving only game goods. He got the game he wanted, I got Saturn stuff I wanted, and I managed to at least avoid a bidding war on my auctions involving forum members and others. I have to admit I was not sure if the deal was going to happen or not at first, and I was dreading having to take the game to ebay. I figured if I ended up having to I was going to just do it auction only and start it at $149.99 and let the cards fall where they may.

**(Like when you tried to scam the guy out of his protos on Reddit)
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13853.msg275643#msg275643

RoyVegas

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/09/2013, 10:57 AMWhen I was looking into this I seemed to recall at least 3 that sold for under $200. If I could I would go back and pull the auctions up, but ebays search engine for sold items does not go as far back as it used to. There just seems to be both extreme highs and extreme lows concerning the games going rate.
There are also other sales that fall under the radar on eBay that people notice but forget about.  I got my DE II in a big game lot with a Buy it Now. Averaged out with the games I got, I paid less than $10 for mine.  Granted it may seem like a fluke, but it can and WILL happen. As most people on this site have said over and over, if you're patient you can find the deals.  I have yet to pay over $40 for ANY game I currently own for the Turbo/Duo.
All is well. :)

jelloslug

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/09/2013, 11:56 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/09/2013, 10:57 AMWhen I was looking into this I seemed to recall at least 3 that sold for under $200. If I could I would go back and pull the auctions up, but ebays search engine for sold items does not go as far back as it used to. There just seems to be both extreme highs and extreme lows concerning the games going rate.
There are also other sales that fall under the radar on eBay that people notice but forget about.  I got my DE II in a big game lot with a Buy it Now. Averaged out with the games I got, I paid less than $10 for mine.  Granted it may seem like a fluke, but it can and WILL happen. As most people on this site have said over and over, if you're patient you can find the deals.  I have yet to pay over $40 for ANY game I currently own for the Turbo/Duo.
Very true.  I picked up a complete copy (box, plastic tray, yada, yada) of New Adventure Island for $45 off of Amazon.

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/08/2013, 07:43 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/08/2013, 11:29 AMIn DK's bizarro world, BINs aren't 'fair market value'...
In my world it isn't? ..... In your world, it isn't either.
Selective editing of a quote to omit pertinent information is a trick of charlatans.  Well done, you twat.

Read the entire sentence: "In DK's bizarro world, BINs aren't 'fair market value' and therefor don't count (unless he's trying to make a point). The bizarre part is your complete disregard for low BINs and your refusal to factor them in when determining value.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/08/2013, 07:43 PMBut wait, you said it factors in! So, lets get some in-depth analysis into how:

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/08/2013, 09:32 AM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/07/2013, 06:10 PMSo tell me, when Bonk 3 sold for $45, how was that reflected in the market value?  [You said it effects the overall price. How? Should it be averaged in? What if the seller listed it for $1? Should that be averaged in?]
Sure, why not?  [If the highest price auctions (i.e. - the $460 DEII) are a factor in determining value, then so must the lowest.]
"How?" "Sure!"  What an amazing, intelligent response.
Omission fail strikes again!

With the complete quotes, it's pretty clear I was saying that low prices should be averaged in with the high and everything in between, and that is HOW it factors into overall value.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/09/2013, 01:10 AMIn this thread, Necromancer has called me a moron, a whiny cunt, and a collectard for disagreeing with Black Tiger on his faulty evaluation of a price. being a moronic, whiny cunt with a retarded, collect-at-any-cost viewpoint and for continually entering this thread (and other similar discussions) to tell everyone to shut up.
I fixed that for ya.  As I've said before, you're welcome to start your own thread about how great eBay is for maximizing profits, how low prices are anomalies that should be ignored yet high prices that are similarly outside the price bell curve are perfect for setting 'true' values, how no eBay sellers have ever attempted to manipulate prices or buy stuff at fair prices to resell for profit, how great and 100% accurate pricecharting is, and how there's no such thing as price gouging; since I'm not a worthless troll, I won't spend 1/4 my time in your thread, tilting at your windmill and pleading for you to stop wasting your time.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 05/09/2013, 01:10 AMYOU dragged me up in this thread, which I hadn't even participated in.

Heh, that's awesome; you're so thick you can't recognize a simple joke.  'Whiny cunt' indeed.

CrackTiger

NecroPhile

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jelloslug

How about Pac Land for an opening bid of $49.99?  It looks like the manual has only been through a washing machine one time!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pac-Land-TurboGrafx-16-1990-/140976398056?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20d2d91ee8

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2013, 04:22 PMTsuppari Ozuma Heiseiban for $195 plus shipping.  Le wut?  :?
that's one of the last hu cards so it's pretty scarce but still that's super high

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2013, 04:39 PMHow about Pac Land for an opening bid of $49.99?  It looks like the manual has only been through a washing machine one time!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pac-Land-TurboGrafx-16-1990-/140976398056?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20d2d91ee8
This is why it's so expensive:

Quote from: Blind seller's auctionWith super great graphics even by today's standards.........
Clearly Pac-Land was ahead of it's time graphically, hense the value.  :wink:

bob

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/15/2013, 05:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/15/2013, 04:39 PMHow about Pac Land for an opening bid of $49.99?  It looks like the manual has only been through a washing machine one time!
This is why it's so expensive:

Quote from: Blind seller's auctionWith super great graphics even by today's standards......... 
Clearly Pac-Land was ahead of it's time graphically, hense the value.  :wink:
Imagine if it had CD GRAPHICS?  I bet Nintendo and Sega had to come together and put a stop to it.  That would have just been unfair competition and the Japanese economy would have collapsed under a market crash.

bob

ok, just some fun, but I think "plcards" is losing a step.  Not sure he's doubling up on most of these.  It's funny how he seems to stay focused on 'bob and not much else for video games.

Dink

Dink

Dink

Dink

IMG

CrackTiger

$275 for a Legend of Hero Tonma box-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Hero-Tonma-BOX-ONLY-TurboGrafx-16-TG-16-Turbo-Duo-/300907240837?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item460f781d851

QuoteClearly Pac-Land was ahead of it's time graphically, hense the value.
It actually was ahead of its time. It came out in 1984. It just wasn't cutting edge six years later, although the visual style has aged better than most games.

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NecroPhile

Maybe by 'mint' they mean 'rubbed vigorously with a thin mint (girl scout cookie)'.

turboswimbz

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/24/2013, 12:51 PM"Mint" condition TG Secrets book for $35.  Just ignore that mint corner crease.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-Secrets-Mint-Condition-/261220004402
Clearly a storage locker seller...but than again look at the other deals available from the seller

Super Volley = $30
Boxy Boy = $30
Turican = $95
SPlatterhouse = $55

I assume they are just fishing for high best offers - or people who don't know anything to BIN. and magically everything they have is ultra rare...
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

jelloslug

Quote from: turboswimbz on 05/24/2013, 02:35 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/24/2013, 12:51 PM"Mint" condition TG Secrets book for $35.  Just ignore that mint corner crease.
Clearly a storage locker seller...but than again look at the other deals available from the seller

Super Volley = $30
Boxy Boy = $30
Turican = $95
SPlatterhouse = $55

I assume they are just fishing for high best offers - or people who don't know anything to BIN. and magically everything they have is ultra rare...
Wasn't that the guy that was selling a bunch of porn not too long ago also?

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2013, 04:11 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 05/24/2013, 02:35 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/24/2013, 12:51 PM"Mint" condition TG Secrets book for $35.  Just ignore that mint corner crease.

Super Volley = $30
Boxy Boy = $30
Turican = $95
SPlatterhouse = $55

Wasn't that the guy that was selling a bunch of porn not too long ago also?
I think so.  :roll: :shock:
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

RoyVegas

He had Turrican around $45 buy it now and I sent in a best offer of $25 to see what he would counter me at. He declined and raised the buy it now to $95. I lol'd.

NecroPhile

I offered him a Hamilton.  Any bets on him raising the BIN even higher?

"So much attention.... it must be worth millions!"

turboswimbz

blixa

reading about DEII some pages back and it reminded of this little fuckup around two years ago where i found the game complete in exceptional condition for.. 10$... damn.

no idea what i was thinking not picking it up.

=D&gt;

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/24/2013, 01:33 PMMaybe by 'mint' they mean 'rubbed vigorously with a thin mint (girl scout cookie)'.
STATUS: Best line in this thread, and that's saying something! :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG