@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/15/2011, 09:58 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/14/2011, 11:05 PMOne of these days we should get together and just do a spam barrage of very low priced offers.
Id be game for that sometime.
That would be awesome! If all the core members here pooled in some L@@K RARE games, and sustained the listings long enough to make an impact on overall pricing, we may have a viable weapon against these eBay gougers secretly disguised as retro-gamers.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 01/15/2011, 12:45 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/15/2011, 09:58 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/14/2011, 11:05 PMOne of these days we should get together and just do a spam barrage of very low priced offers.
Id be game for that sometime.
That would be awesome! If all the core members here pooled in some L@@K RARE games, and sustained the listings long enough to make an impact on overall pricing, we may have a viable weapon against these eBay gougers secretly disguised as retro-gamers.
Yeah Im down for that as well. we should really do it!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

NecroPhile

$118 shipped for a Acemore Freedom 16 wireless joystick.  It's a bargain at that price because it's "super rare! You will never see another one of these. I can't find ANY info or pictures on Ebay or Google anywhere! Possibly a prototype or unreleased???".  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Lum

What better resources to determine Turbo game pricing are there?

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Yeah, ask here or look at completed auctions (not high BINs, unsold gouge jobs, etc.), though the latter doesn't work too well for relatively uncommon titles.

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

Lum

Makes me curious if flooding pawn and thrift shops with turbo commons would help, lol.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Lum on 01/21/2011, 01:05 PMMakes me curious if flooding pawn and thrift shops with turbo commons would help, lol.
Only if by help you mean, retards selling Keith Courage as RAER OMG for like 90$
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2011, 11:56 AM
Quote from: Lum on 01/21/2011, 11:53 AMWhat better resources to determine Turbo game pricing are there?
www.pcengine-fx.com/forums
In case anyone didn't see this...

QUOTED FOR TRUTH, NEVERMOAR.

I mean Jesus fucking Christ people, we ARE the goddamn authority on this stuff.

Anyone who pays more than $40 for Magical Chase is a fucking Idiot. Capital I.

Arkhan gets it. Do you?

IMG

NecroPhile

Meet the perpetual black Bomberman hat's new 'rare' white friend.  Since the former has been up forever and failed to sell at $200, I bet the latter will sell like a hotcake at $300.  :roll:

nikdog

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2011, 05:20 PMMeet the perpetual black Bomberman hat's new 'rare' white friend.  Since the former has been up forever and failed to sell at $200, I bet the latter will sell like a hotcake at $300.  :roll:
Wow. And the first one looks of higher quality.
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

Pat the NES Punk

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2011, 05:20 PMMeet the perpetual black Bomberman hat's new 'rare' white friend.  Since the former has been up forever and failed to sell at $200, I bet the latter will sell like a hotcake at $300.  :roll:
I paid $20 for my Bomberman cap and lost it during my move. :(

Mathius

Quote from: Pat the NES Punk on 01/27/2011, 05:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/26/2011, 05:20 PMMeet the perpetual black Bomberman hat's new 'rare' white friend.  Since the former has been up forever and failed to sell at $200, I bet the latter will sell like a hotcake at $300.  :roll:
Well, at least you're out of Jersey. :P

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 01/27/2011, 06:24 PM
PAT, where in New Jersey did you live prior to moving?

New Jersey = Best
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 01/29/2011, 01:27 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/27/2011, 06:24 PM
PAT, where in New Jersey did you live prior to moving?

New Jersey = Best
I am not sure where, but I do miss his old Jersey appt from the vids. :(

NecroPhile

Here's something different - a limey gouger with a PAL TG-16, flash cart, and four loose games for only 250 pounds (~$400).  Ignore the facts that the games are common as hell and the TG-16 and flash cart can be had for well under $100 each, THIS IS A ONE TIME DEAL!

Tablet

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2011, 04:18 PMHere's something different - a limey gouger with a PAL TG-16, flash cart, and four loose games for only 250 pounds (~$400).  Ignore the facts that the games are common as hell and the TG-16 and flash cart can be had for well under $100 each, THIS IS A ONE TIME DEAL!
Quote from: eBay gougerThis is ONE TIME DEAL.
If you think you can find a better deal anywhere - TRY AND DO SO, but remember.
Once the timer on this listing runs out or if someone else will understand that NO SUCH DEAL EXISTS on eBay -
IT WILL NEVER BE RELISTED AGAIN.
This is ONE TIME ONLY OPPORTUNITY to receive a wonderful item you won't find anywhere else.
Le sigh, I hate these people that think there is only ebay for online purchases, I still see biddy lots going for more than you can find them on gameofjapan and they accept paypal! If this auction sells all the person who's bought it has proven is that they are lazy and can't lift a finger to actually do some research and get a better deal elswhere.

PunkCryborg

My friend in Orland called me today cause a shop out there had a ton of Import games, mainly Saturn. I asked him to look for PCE games for me and he found one- Cadash. Price? $50......
must have been looking at ebay for his price checks.
I bet he got it all in from a Japanese person selling all of there old stuff and he probably paid $1 for it....

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Mathius

PunkCryborg

it comes with a complete Keith, I'm surprised it didn't go for more

Lilgrafx

Quote from: elabit on 02/04/2011, 10:21 PMit comes with a complete Keith, I'm surprised it didn't go for more
You're right it should have gone for a  grand total of $601. :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Senshi *and edited for posterity* on 02/04/2011, 07:45 PM$600 for a TurboDuo, Alien Crush, André Panza Kick Boxing, Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, China Warrior, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Exile, Keith Courage, Ninja Spirit, Pac-Land, Sherlock Holmes, Tricky Kick, and Victory Run.

I think this qualifies as self inflicted gouging, no?
Even if you figure an average of $15 for each game (which is too much for such a group of common titles), that still leaves more than $400 for a incomplete, non-mint Duo.  What the fuck is wrong with people?

PunkCryborg

not really price gouging since its an auction, but this Duo just sold for $1009.00 http://tiny.cc/y3527
I could buy a nice duo-r, an LT, a GT and maybe some games for that much. I know it's brand new but geez. I could get the baddest modded Neo Geo and a couple of good games for that much..

Also I think this is funny. From the Sega-16 "hauls" thread, this guy found this Duo at a thrift store
http://tiny.cc/hi4gb
Now its on Ebay with the As-Is sticker on it still. I hope he left the $10 sticker on it too
http://tiny.cc/7bp9b

NecroPhile

Quote from: elabit on 02/08/2011, 03:09 PMAlso I think this is funny. From the Sega-16 "hauls" thread, this guy found this Duo at a thrift store
http://tiny.cc/hi4gb
Now its on Ebay with the As-Is sticker on it still. I hope he left the $10 sticker on it too
http://tiny.cc/7bp9b
Dang, what a sweet find!  Looks like he'll profit handsomely from that one.

grahf

This is the first time i've checked it years, and I'm literally shocked to see how much those US systems are going for these days. It's got to be a bubble, doesn't it?
It's times like this that I'm glad I went PCE only :D

henrycsc

LOL, the Goodwill Duo doesn't have the laser or sound issue, go figure.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

nat

I'm going to pop the Duo bubble by putting a U.S. Duo up on eBay for $150 BIN and letting it sit there. If someone buys it I'll just feign some sort of mix-up and re-list it for the same price.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

blueraven

I hope the guy who paid over $1000 for a Duo plays the shit out of it.

Either way he (or she) is a F&^%ing tool.

kid_rondeau

Quote from: nat on 02/08/2011, 09:00 PMI'm going to pop the Duo bubble by putting a U.S. Duo up on eBay for $150 BIN and letting it sit there. If someone buys it I'll just feign some sort of mix-up and re-list it for the same price.
I'd be down with that. This is getting a little ridiculous.

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 02/09/2011, 03:53 AMI hope the guy who paid over $1000 for a Duo plays the shit out of it.
Nope, it's destined to sit on the shelf while its new owner faps himself silly over his OMG R4R3!!! collection.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2011, 09:47 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 02/09/2011, 03:53 AMI hope the guy who paid over $1000 for a Duo plays the shit out of it.
Nope, it's destined to sit on the shelf while its new owner faps himself silly over his OMG R4R3!!! collection.
:( Well, I hope that bragging rights are important.

PunkCryborg

Bragging rights? I could only imagine "I just spent $1000 on a video game system that sold for a couple of hundred dollars not too long ago! Jealous?"

BlueBMW

WOW, I traded my mint boxed Duo for a hellava lot less than $1000.. these prices have gone crazy :(  Its really sad.  I figured my duo was realistically worth maybe $300 to $350 TOP TOP TOPS!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

This little bit of stupidity really takes the cake: $49 opening price ($99 BIN) for an alleged factory error where a Final Lap Twin label was applied to a Keith Courage case.  First off, who gives a shit?  Second, I bet it's homemade.  And third, who give a shit?!?

Phades

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2011, 04:27 PMThis little bit of stupidity really takes the cake: $49 opening price ($99 BIN) for an alleged factory error where a Final Lap Twin label was applied to a Keith Courage case.  First off, who gives a shit?  Second, I bet it's homemade.  And third, who give a shit?!?
Check his other auctions! This is the same dude who sells the custom made cases. Seems pretty obviously that he made this himself. What a total asshat.

Marll

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2011, 04:27 PMThis little bit of stupidity really takes the cake: $49 opening price ($99 BIN) for an alleged factory error where a Final Lap Twin label was applied to a Keith Courage case.  First off, who gives a shit?  Second, I bet it's homemade.  And third, who give a shit?!?
I am 99% sure that this is a Sparky label that someone put on a KC case. I have a set of the stickers here with me at work, looked at the Final Lap Twin sticker and they look identical, except that one is a bit roughed up.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Phades

Quote from: Marll on 02/15/2011, 07:03 PMI am 99% sure that this is a Sparky label that someone put on a KC case. I have a set of the stickers here with me at work, looked at the Final Lap Twin sticker and they look identical, except that one is a bit roughed up.
I don't think it's a Sparky, I think he just made it himself. Look at his other auctions.

nat

What the hell? This seems like a really, really inefficient way to try and make some extra money.

It's obviously fake-- look at the corners of the label. They're not rounded.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TGX16

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2011, 04:27 PMThis little bit of stupidity really takes the cake: $49 opening price ($99 BIN) for an alleged factory error where a Final Lap Twin label was applied to a Keith Courage case.  First off, who gives a shit?  Second, I bet it's homemade.  And third, who give a shit?!?
Where on the label and/or case does it say it's KC?

Nowere!

Where is the KC manual and Turbochip?

Nowere!

So where is the connection to KC?

As if I or anyone realy gave a shit!!!!

esteban

I concur, what a ridiculous auction. Factory mishap, indeed.

Quote from: TGX16 on 02/15/2011, 11:56 PMSo where is the connection to KC?

As if I or anyone realy gave a shit!!!!
The Keith Courage jewel box did not have a plastic clip to hold in the HuCard. Instead, it had a round, double-sided sticky sticker.

Look at the photos.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TGX16

Seems like I no not enough about some things as I thought!  :-({|=
But could not that sticky sticker been put there later?  :twisted:
Had the case been unopend with the game and manual inside I could accept autenticity, but now!!

Sparky

Quote from: Marll on 02/15/2011, 07:03 PMI am 99% sure that this is a Sparky label that someone put on a KC case.
Yep i think your right... it is one of mine he is selling... $49 opening price ($99 BIN)

This guy only makes repros of the 21 that did not have cases, which are NOT that good <<shamelss plug>>  
He may have received this case and is clueless about it but still a cock smoke for putting a price tag on it like that.

What do you guys think of me emailing this guy and telling him where the real deal is for TG16 spine labels?
Hey its ebay so i dont really care, & i dont care if he makes these labels or who ever but at his prices i am more concerned about people getting ripped off!!!  :evil:

NecroPhile

Perhaps you could sell your stickers on eBay, charging a tad extra to cover eBay fees.  That'd be the end of this twat's parade.

Senshi

QuoteWhat do you guys think of me emailing this guy and telling him where the real deal is for TG16 spine labels?
Hey its ebay so i dont really care, & i dont care if he makes these labels or who ever but at his prices i am more concerned about people getting ripped off!!!  :evil:
With a little research and patience people could figure out these prices are bogus  8). I have only been into playing/collecting for the pc engine for about two years or so and I've never paid much over fair value.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

OldMan

I think someone should just report him to e-bay for fraud. Clearly the case is -not- what he describes, and if he's going to claim it was originally that way, I wanna see paperwork and pictures of when it came out of the cardboard box.

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheOldMan on 02/16/2011, 02:08 PMI think someone should just report him to e-bay for fraud. Clearly the case is -not- what he describes, and if he's going to claim it was originally that way, I wanna see paperwork and pictures of when it came out of the cardboard box.
I've given up on reporting sellers to eBay, because they simply don't give a shit.  Case in point: my last reporting was of a guy that admitted via 'ask a question' to overcharging on shipping ($25) to avoid paying fees, yet they didn't do a fucking thing.