@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geise

Those Snatcher listings are rediculous.  I bought it brand new day 1 and then traded it in for the psx pre-order.  I bought it back a couple months later for $4 at EB.  Later it was sold in 2006 on ebay for $60.  Those are never going to sell.  I really don't see a bid reaching over $100 for Snatcher.  I guess all the Kojima fanboys are making it a popular game.  :roll:

War Pig

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sparky

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/22/2011, 06:54 PMI'm guessing that the person who died must've been "Japanese", because those games clearly aren't. :P
hahaha..

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

geise

Haha that's a good find Senshi.  So you're gonna buy it right?   :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

No peel strip means it's a reseal, not that it'd be worth anywhere near that much legit.

$890 boxed TurboDuo[-(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Seems like all the Tubo stuff is on a price hike. Even some auctions seemed to have ended at ridiculously high prices. A couple of them included the US Super System Card, but still.

Mathius

Quote from: BEERS AND VIDEOS on 04/29/2011, 11:36 PMSeems like all the Tubo stuff is on a price hike. Even some auctions seemed to have ended at ridiculously high prices. A couple of them included the US Super System Card, but still.
I still can't believe the $100 listing of Salamander a week or two back. [-( It breaks my heart dude.

BlueBMW

Yeah everything's gone crazy right now...

$450 for a US Duo with Gate of Thunder?!  ](*,)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Duo-System-COMPLETE-w-Gate-Thunder-4-in-1-game-/320691519627

And when did the Duo 3in1 CD become a $100 game..

http://cgi.ebay.com/GATE-THUNDER-BONK-1-2-Turbografx-Turbo-Duo-Grafx-/330556647104

Of course, this one sold for a closer to normal price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gate-Thunder-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/250800795426

Is it just me, or is some of this getting way out of hand.....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

This whole retro gaming boom is great and all but this needs to stop! Someone with a YT account and a lot of subscribers should make a vid concerning the situation. Bucci and Starsoldier1 come to mind.

I love my hobby and all my friends that I have made because of it. This will always part of my life, but watching something I love get treated with disrespect and greed brings, as the Angry Video Game Nerd would say, "My piss to a boil."

BEERS AND VIDEOS

I literally bought the Gates of Thunder 3-in1 CD a couple of months ago for $35 with case and all three manuals. I saw that listing yesterday and showed a friend - got a good laugh. And the crazy thing, that was an AUCTION, not some douche overpricing a Buy It Now.

I'm just really surprised that the American stuff that is fetching big cash.

BlueBMW

I sold a GoT 3in1 cd not too long ago for around $30   I'm not sure why that one went for so much.  But I agree with Mathius, there's something going on with this retro craze and its definitely getting frustrating.  The people buying this stuff for big bucks are the people who want it to show off their "collection"  Not the ones who are actually going to play that stuff.  Our only hope is that the fad of being a "retro game collector" will pass and some of these guys will sell of their collections to fund some other diversion.

I'll admit I've got a lot of stuff I dont play very much, and I do sometimes get something just because it looks neat in the collection.  But at the end of the day, I'm in this stuff because I enjoy playing it.  It has entertainment value and nostalgic value to me.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

i definitely agree blue
i was laughing at that one before it ended

alexsduo

Is this the gouging?

herehttp://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Duo-Grafx-16-CD-System-5-Games-BRAND-NEW-/220775022748?pt=Video_Games&hash=item336737809c?

He has some other auctions as well... I would consider new, as never been opened, never been touched, and never been tested.  I think gamestop has gotten in trouble for this kind of thing...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

thesteve

that gouging all right
his non pce/turbo stuff isnt overly priced
I'm starting to think the buyers of most of this stuff are playing monopoly
buy it all quick and look for a bigger sucker in a week.

Mathius

Quote from: alexsduo on 04/30/2011, 01:14 PMIs this the gouging?

herehttp://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Duo-Grafx-16-CD-System-5-Games-BRAND-NEW-/220775022748?pt=Video_Games&hash=item336737809c?

He has some other auctions as well... I would consider new, as never been opened, never been touched, and never been tested.  I think gamestop has gotten in trouble for this kind of thing...
That's RPGArcana who has been under suspicion of re-sealing games and selling them as new. He has already been banned from Sega-16! Buyer, and wallet, beware.

thesteve

i doubt anyone would be stupid enough to drop that much on that item

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 04/30/2011, 01:03 AMThis whole retro gaming boom is great and all but this needs to stop! Someone with a YT account and a lot of subscribers should make a vid concerning the situation. Bucci and Starsoldier1 come to mind.

I love my hobby and all my friends that I have made because of it. This will always part of my life, but watching something I love get treated with disrespect and greed brings, as the Angry Video Game Nerd would say, "My piss to a boil."
I have something special in the works, but it requires a certain amount of time to complete. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

thesteve

this just reminds me of the housing market of 06-08

alexsduo

I wonder if I can make a house of Keith Courage cards and live in it... It would definitely appreciate more than the average house..

roflmao

Quote from: alexsduo on 04/30/2011, 09:07 PMI wonder if I can make a house of Keith Courage cards and live in it... It would definitely appreciate more than the average house..
There was someone on the mailing list many years ago that wanted to wallpaper one of his rooms with Keith Courage HuCards and asked people to send him unwanted chips.  I think he had a pretty positive response, but never heard if he actually reached his goal...

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BlueBMW

Yeah Exile 2 is not too common, but $400?! seriously!?

tggodfrey

ugh.....i screwed up.  I got Exile 1......fixed
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

OldMan

And no case or manual ??? Gotta hand it to him, though. Never knew this was part of a pinball series.... ? <lol>

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Not sure if this has been talked about before, but I've noticed this eBay listing a few times. This guy is asking so much, yet completely vague in description and images of the items he's selling.

Is he serious?

Mathius

Quote from: BEERS AND VIDEOS on 05/04/2011, 11:55 AMNot sure if this has been talked about before, but I've noticed this eBay listing a few times. This guy is asking so much, yet completely vague in description and images of the items he's selling.

Is he serious?
I have seen listings like these for a few years. It may be a lot of goodies but it only adds to the madness.

thesteve

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Better investment than real estate, I'd say.

BlueBMW

Quote from: thesteve on 05/04/2011, 03:02 PMturbo flipping
speculative bubble
Someone give me a pin... I want to pop that bubble.

alexsduo

alexsduo

Quote from: Mathius on 05/04/2011, 12:12 PM
Quote from: BEERS AND VIDEOS on 05/04/2011, 11:55 AMNot sure if this has been talked about before, but I've noticed this eBay listing a few times. This guy is asking so much, yet completely vague in description and images of the items he's selling.

Is he serious?
I have seen listings like these for a few years. It may be a lot of goodies but it only adds to the madness.
How would you even pay $65k, put it on your credit card?

OldMan

QuoteHow would you even pay $65k, put it on your credit card?
Actually, yes. I knew A guy who bought a $150,000 house on his credit card once. Short-term, until the real financing came through.

alexsduo

That is insane, I guess if you had a high enough limit...

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2011, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/30/2011, 01:03 AMThis whole retro gaming boom is great and all but this needs to stop! Someone with a YT account and a lot of subscribers should make a vid concerning the situation. Bucci and Starsoldier1 come to mind.

I have something special in the works, but it requires a certain amount of time to complete. :)
I was always meaning to comment on your post, but I just got lazy for some reason. Sorry ha ha! :) Basically, I am all for it! :) We really need to get the word out. If you do a vid, then the next guy does his/her own vid, and so on. I am hoping for a snowball effect to where gougers won't want to deal with the growing number of real gamers that have been educated with the truth. Not likely, but still. These are games for fuck sakes. Not vintage autos! That $100 Salamander just flipped a switch in me and now I am on a crusade to enact change. I just wish I had a decent camera...

Bernie

I like sendin those sellers questions.  For example, I have asked "Are you insane?" and I have said things like, "Enjoy hanging on to your over-priced shit." I send random stuff to those fuckin morons.  Its insane.  What happened to the legit "AUCTIONS"?  I start all my stuff at .99 when I list on ebay.  That way, the buyer determines what he/she feels itw worth.  Very rarely would I list something as a buy it now, unless its reasonable.

alexsduo

Maybe a good way is to psyc them out, like dude your lot of 9 turbos is only $200 auction style, shit I would probably pay $400 if you took the auction down. :)

alexsduo

nectarsis

Quote from: alexsduo on 05/10/2011, 12:27 AMsaw thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-TURBO-GRAFX-16-TURBO-DUO-CD-DUODEMO001-/220779590566?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item33677d33a6, and instantly thought of this posting...
Not really gouging when it's an open auction..plus this item is indeed rare (not the OMGZ ebay R@R3).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/10/2011, 12:36 AM
Quote from: alexsduo on 05/10/2011, 12:27 AMsaw thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-TURBO-GRAFX-16-TURBO-DUO-CD-DUODEMO001-/220779590566?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item33677d33a6, and instantly thought of this posting...
Not really gouging when it's an open auction..plus this item is indeed rare (not the OMGZ ebay R@R3).
I wonder if this is the same adol from PCE Dai? His feedback sure is sucky!

chany60126

Yeah, that is Thibaut...

Speaking of PCE Dai, has anyone had trouble loading this website? I have tried visiting it all day today and yesterday, but no dice.

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 05/10/2011, 09:16 AMYeah, that is Thibaut...

Speaking of PCE Dai, has anyone had trouble loading this website? I have tried visiting it all day today and yesterday, but no dice.
Same here. I asked Tats about it and he said it should be back up in a few days. He thinks they missed a payment.

alexsduo

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: alexsduo on 05/11/2011, 12:39 AMSo open auctions cannot gouge?
Right.  He isn't doing anything to manipulate the price.  It is actually a rare item that will go to the highest bidder.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

nectarsis

Quote from: alexsduo on 05/11/2011, 12:39 AMSo open auctions cannot gouge?
How can it be gouging when it's not a set BIN price?  Someone can overpay, but it's bid up to that point.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436